“Don't bother with the food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Churchill Grounds

Churchill Grounds
660 Peachtree Street Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30308-1929 (Midtown)
404 876 3030
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,847 of 3,540 Restaurants in Atlanta
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't bother with the food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We came before a show at the Fox Theater because the restaurant is located next door. 45 minutes after ordering, the waitress came back to tell us that one of the items we ordered wasn't available because they had a special theater menu that evening. The food we did receive was overpriced and not very good. We saw them getting items directly out of standard grocery packages and putting it right on the plate. We expected better for the price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hubert, North Carolina, United States
“Great Local Music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great place to chill with friends and have a drink. The Jazz was great and the venue was cozy. I felt the $15 cover was a little steep but it's downtown ATL; you're paying for the location. I'd definitely hit it up again if I were in the area.

Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrific little jazz spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My husband and I love live jazz and baby this is the best in Atlanta. Intimate, good jazz, and great jazz. Love!

Washington, DC
“Churchill Grounds - Brought me Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Feeling adventurous exploring Atlanta alone I wanted to hear some jazz and grab a light bite at the same time.

I did some searching online and found Churchill Grounds - it had mixed reviews and I thought I'd try it out. I was one of the first people in the room and found a good table. I ordered a glass of the house red - I was asked if I wanted Merlot or Cabernet. I selected the house cab. I also ordered the mushroom ravioli in cream sauce.

When it came out the ravioli "cream sauce" was so thin it seemed like cloudy water with oil and the ravioli was very underdone - cold in the middle, in fact. I sent it back and ordered the market priced cheese plate. The portion was small but the it came with crisp apples and there were three different cheeses with bread, which I enjoyed.

The music was a bright spot - the front man was personable and the set was a good long one. We were all invited to stick around for the second set and our server brought out our checks.

The server didn't point out that the house cab was more expensive and it wasn't listed as such on the menu. That was disappointing. When I spoke to the manager he did take the extra price off my check but I had to point out to the server - several times - she should have let me know that there was a price difference for the wine.

So if you go there - eat some place else first, order the beer - it's clearly marked, and sit at the bar.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“Live Jazz, Drink and smoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed across the street at the Hotel Indigo and came here to listen to live jazz on Tuesday and Wednesday. The live jazz was great with the players. There is a $7 cover and $5 drink minimum per music set. Some of the drinks are named after famous and popular songs. You can purchase or bring your own cigars or cigarettes here for smoking. The crowds this week were very small making for a nice quiet time to relax and unwind. I would come back here for sure.

Visited January 2013