“Not so great...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Chicago, Illinois
“Not so great...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I visited Atlanta, and just finished our 5 night stay at this hotel. They overbooked, so our double was upgraded to a king suite. Score!

The location was good, right off 75. There was a mall, Walgreen's and several restaurants nearby. And you can't beat free parking, wireless and breakfast - and a microwave and small fridge in the room!

Unfortunately, I have to give them a lower rating for the room itself. We were a little lost at first because our room did not have a number posted. After a little walking up and down the hall at 10:30PM, we figured it out. The room had a funky smell. Not really bad, just smelled weird. It was much more humid in our room than the rest of the hotel. I think the room air conditioning unit was not working properly. Cable did not work, so we could not watch TV (Not really a bad thing, who wants to watch TV on vacation anyway?? So we never called to have it fixed). The bathtub faucet dripped constantly. There was lots of trash under and around the bed - paper towels shoved between under the headboard, between the wall and mattress, bits of paper and wrappers, a wooden coffee stir stick. The entire time there it was never cleaned out. Some liquid had been splashed on the headboard and dried. That was also never cleaned off. The cherry on top was I went to use one of the "new" wash cloths replaced by housekeeping, and found a hair stuck in it that clearly did not belong to me or my husband.

FYI elevators can be a little scary - very slow to open! We never got stuck, but there were a few times I was not so sure...

It was OK for the price we paid, but I wouldn't stay there again. Next time we will try another hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Augusta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I thought this hotel was nice. Rooms and bed was great for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had to stay here for 2 weeks for work. I will start with the positive:
1. Beds are extremely comfortable
2. Saraj at the front desk is great!
3. Great price

Now for the negative:
1. Had to kill a cockroach in room upon check-in
2. Carpets in th entire hotel needs to be ripped up or at least cleaned, starting with the area rug in the lobby.
3. Very noisy, you can hear the highway traffic
4. Furnishings, except TV, are old
5. Towels are hard and rough
6. Housekeeping needs improving

The rooms are spacious and the bathroom countertops have been updated, but the upkeep of the hotel is lacking. Expected more from the Wyndham Brand.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side of the hotel - away from the interstate
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
madmoney23, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
We are making ,changes to our staff to improve our service. Sorry your stay was not enjoyable. Please feel free to contact me St the hotel if you're coming back for training in the near future. So we can make sure you enjoy your accommodations on your next trip to Marietta
MISSISSAUGA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had reserved a room in advance at the Wingate in Atlanta. We were meeting up with family members to spend the weekend together. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told there were no rooms clean yet. This was about 12:30 PM. No problem.We asked if they could hold a room near our family, who had already checked in, or at least on the same floor. The clerk said she would,

We went for a long lunch and came back. Still no clean room.

So... we went about our day, spent time at the Atlanta aquarium and then went for dinner. We got back to the hotel at about 10 and were told that there was no rooms available on the same floor as our family. They were on the 4th floor and we were put on the 1st floor in the only room the clerk said was available. When we got to the room, we found that we were right beside the busy parking lot. We went back and asked the clerk if there was any other room at all. She was quite annoyed that we were bothering her, Finally, she said there was a handicapped room on the 4th floor and we could have that.

We got to our room and there was no TV remote. We called down to the front desk and it was delivered about 30 minutes later. Our family in the other room never got their remote all weekend.

The bed sagged in the middle and it was a struggle all night to not roll into my husband.

The breakfast was good and the fellow that was organizing that at the hotel did an amazing job of keeping up with the food preparation and cleaning.

We have stayed in Wingate hotels before, but the service was a lot better. We won't be staying in this one again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Sorry you have a issue at my hotel. Our hotel staff makes every effort to accommodate our guest needs. We strive for perfection each time we encounter a issue at our hotel location. Our customer service attitude is very important in our success as a brand. Our Count on Me culture is a Wyndham brand standard. Please feel free to contact if you want to give me some more feedback about your stay.
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

clean room, free breakfast and internet. The hotel is near two shopping centers and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The only reason I put poor instead of terrible is because the gentleman who checked me in was very nice, even though he seemed very busy. That being said, I was pretty disappointed that housekeeping never came once during my stay. Really? What was I paying for, a bed? No trash pick up, no clean towels, nothing! There was obviously some sort of leak in the wall, it as very loud when I first entered the room. I called the front desk, because who wants to listen to dripping inside the walls all weekend? She told me maintenance would be up at 6pm to fix it. I waited, no one came. I was late for an event waiting, so I left a note. No on ever came the whole evening. (Although the dripping did stop, thank goodness.... I do think it was random though, not because they fixed it.) It was definitely in the wall.

I don't feel like I require much when I travel, but the housekeeping basics are a must. Emptying the trash is a must, Clean towels are a must. I tried to send an email to Wingate, of course there is a section to leave feedback, but it only allows 300 characters of feedback. Definitely not enough space for me to vent about my stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
madmoney23, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Value Customer

I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay at our hotel location. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to receive a free night stay. We have a Wyndham Count on me culture attitude at our location for all customer service problems that we take ownership and fix the problem right away. Hopefully next time you're traveling in the area you will trust our hotel to satisfy your hotel needs.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

My friend and I have stayed here twice, first in Sept 2010, and again this year for our "Girls' Weekend". The service is excellent, very clean, and breakfast is great. I have travelled extensively for work and would highly recommend this hotel. Monique and Marquis at the front desk are wonderful. Don't miss the bar, with "E" as bartender. Really a great guy. The older gentleman that oversees breakfast, I believe a Mr. E.F, is true Southern Hospitality! We used the limo service as well- excellent!

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center? Share your experiences!