My husband and I visited Atlanta, and just finished our 5 night stay at this hotel. They overbooked, so our double was upgraded to a king suite. Score!
The location was good, right off 75. There was a mall, Walgreen's and several restaurants nearby. And you can't beat free parking, wireless and breakfast - and a microwave and small fridge in the room!
Unfortunately, I have to give them a lower rating for the room itself. We were a little lost at first because our room did not have a number posted. After a little walking up and down the hall at 10:30PM, we figured it out. The room had a funky smell. Not really bad, just smelled weird. It was much more humid in our room than the rest of the hotel. I think the room air conditioning unit was not working properly. Cable did not work, so we could not watch TV (Not really a bad thing, who wants to watch TV on vacation anyway?? So we never called to have it fixed). The bathtub faucet dripped constantly. There was lots of trash under and around the bed - paper towels shoved between under the headboard, between the wall and mattress, bits of paper and wrappers, a wooden coffee stir stick. The entire time there it was never cleaned out. Some liquid had been splashed on the headboard and dried. That was also never cleaned off. The cherry on top was I went to use one of the "new" wash cloths replaced by housekeeping, and found a hair stuck in it that clearly did not belong to me or my husband.
FYI elevators can be a little scary - very slow to open! We never got stuck, but there were a few times I was not so sure...
It was OK for the price we paid, but I wouldn't stay there again. Next time we will try another hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • A great value, the Wingate by Wyndham is a highly bundled product that offers a great value for every dollar spent. • A hotel that recognizes each guest as a valued customer. • Our rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated comfortable and exudes a welcoming atmosphere. • Spacious suites offering privacy with separate living and sleeping areas. • Each room comes fully equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. • Iron, Ironing board, & safe. • Remote controlled televisions & on demand movies. • Free High - Speed Internet access in every room and suite, and Wireless internet throughout the building • Two phones with voice mail. • Free local calls. • Daily complimentary Hot Breakfast to start your day. • Complimentary USA today news paper delivered to your room every morning. • Recreational options featuring indoor swimming and hot tub and exercise room. • On site laundry facility at this location. • 24 – Hour Business center, equipped with Telephone, Computer, Fax machine and Copier. • Earn Points or Miles with Wyndham rewards. • Complimentary Shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. • Meeting facilities ideal for groups up to 160 people at this location. • Guest satisfaction guaranteed with our unconditional Assurance Guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Hotel Atlanta
- Wingate Atlanta Galleria Center