We are in this hotel as I write this review.
1. One door key was not programmed properly. When we got back to the room after a business meeting, we had to knock for my son to let us in.
2. While leaving for dinner, we stopped by the front desk to have the key issue corrected. There were men outside the front entrance with guns. They were dressed in dirty jeans, blue t-shirts, and baseball caps, so I asked the front desk clerk if they were police officers. She said, "usually when someone has a gun, they are police officers." She appeared to have a problem with me noticing men with guns outside the entrance of the hotel. Because my family had just walked out the front entrance, I let her know that all people with guns are not police officers. I wanted to know if my family or I were in danger and I had every right to know.
3. When we came back from dinner, smokers were gathered outside the front entrance. It was like walking through a haze of fog in London.
4. As we walked towards the elevator, several people were standing and blocking the entrance of the elevator hall (this is not usually the case in an upper scale Wyndham’s location).
5. We were in an executive suite. Well—the suite has one television. When my son was ready for bed, he pulled out the sleeper sofa, and there was no cover on it. There are no extra bed covers in the closet. I called the front desk, and was told that we would need to come down to the front desk to get the sheets and cover for the sleeper sofa. My son came back and said they did not have any more pillows.
If you like the experiences I've outlined above, then this is the place for you. We've had better experiences with Wyndham's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • A great value, the Wingate by Wyndham is a highly bundled product that offers a great value for every dollar spent. • A hotel that recognizes each guest as a valued customer. • Our rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated comfortable and exudes a welcoming atmosphere. • Spacious suites offering privacy with separate living and sleeping areas. • Each room comes fully equipped with refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. • Iron, Ironing board, & safe. • Remote controlled televisions & on demand movies. • Free High - Speed Internet access in every room and suite, and Wireless internet throughout the building • Two phones with voice mail. • Free local calls. • Daily complimentary Hot Breakfast to start your day. • Complimentary USA today news paper delivered to your room every morning. • Recreational options featuring indoor swimming and hot tub and exercise room. • On site laundry facility at this location. • 24 – Hour Business center, equipped with Telephone, Computer, Fax machine and Copier. • Earn Points or Miles with Wyndham rewards. • Complimentary Shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. • Meeting facilities ideal for groups up to 160 people at this location. • Guest satisfaction guaranteed with our unconditional Assurance Guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Hotel Atlanta
- Wingate Atlanta Galleria Center