“NOT THIS Wingate by Wyndham's. We've experienced better!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #82 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“NOT THIS Wingate by Wyndham's. We've experienced better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We are in this hotel as I write this review.

1. One door key was not programmed properly. When we got back to the room after a business meeting, we had to knock for my son to let us in.

2. While leaving for dinner, we stopped by the front desk to have the key issue corrected. There were men outside the front entrance with guns. They were dressed in dirty jeans, blue t-shirts, and baseball caps, so I asked the front desk clerk if they were police officers. She said, "usually when someone has a gun, they are police officers." She appeared to have a problem with me noticing men with guns outside the entrance of the hotel. Because my family had just walked out the front entrance, I let her know that all people with guns are not police officers. I wanted to know if my family or I were in danger and I had every right to know.

3. When we came back from dinner, smokers were gathered outside the front entrance. It was like walking through a haze of fog in London.

4. As we walked towards the elevator, several people were standing and blocking the entrance of the elevator hall (this is not usually the case in an upper scale Wyndham’s location).

5. We were in an executive suite. Well—the suite has one television. When my son was ready for bed, he pulled out the sleeper sofa, and there was no cover on it. There are no extra bed covers in the closet. I called the front desk, and was told that we would need to come down to the front desk to get the sheets and cover for the sleeper sofa. My son came back and said they did not have any more pillows.

If you like the experiences I've outlined above, then this is the place for you. We've had better experiences with Wyndham's.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Hattiesburg, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Be careful when entering the hotel from the street. The hotel sits at a busy intersection. I was not impressed by the service or the quality at this property. I would say within the next two years, if the hotel does not step up their game Wyndham will pull their banner from this property.
1. Bed mattress is too soft
2. Carpet was dirty and old in room and hallway
3. Furniture in room was dusty
4. Maid service did not empty garbage cans every day.
5. Maid service did not leave face towels, called front desk and they did not deliver any. The only explanation given by the maid in the hallway was "we don't have any". She had no desire to make it better.
6. I was there on business, on Friday afternoon a group checked in for a family reunion. The noise from the family was so loud it was unbearable. Got no sleep for two nights. Front desk did not seem to care.
7. The hotel states that they have a satisfaction guarantee, but I really did not get the feeling that it was a policy like "Hampton - you are not satisfied with the service, then you don't pay. "
8. The TV was nice
I expressed my concerns upon departure, the front desk clerk just looked at me and said nothing.

Room Tip: I understand the suites may be nicer
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I'm writing this while I'm still at the hotel I'm so upset. The room left us 2 towels so I have to watch how many times I have to take a shower with 2 people in the room. I sent my daughter downstairs to ask for more towels and he said that he didn't have any. I called downstairs it's 10pm at night and he tells me that they have no more towels, I said get one out of an empty room he said we're booked there are no empty rooms, I said you're by giving me 2 towels for a 2 person room is telling me I can only take a shower once per person. So now that I've taken a shower tonight, my daughter has taken a towel tonight we'll have to wait to take a shower until you service my room when every you feel like tomorrow AFTER I CHECK OUT?

The walls are thin you can hear all the noise in the hall way plus when people slammed doors at 5am in the morning. You would think with a name like Wyndham they would have sound proof rooms. The breakfast is better at most gas stations I've ever hit on my travel.

BS I travel all over the country annually for business. I've already gone through and changed any future hotel reservation I have that says Wyndham. I expected more but got WAY WAY less, never again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

This place is not being maintained and is poorly-run. Plenty of mildew in the shower, light bulbs burned out in the room. The thermostat is falling off the wall and its connection to the heating- cooling unit across the room is intermittent, so you have to jiggle it just right to make it work at all. The breakfast is paltry with tasteless eggs. Yogurt was available just two days our of our four-day stay.
There are several other better hotels in the neighborhood at comparable prices.
The wi-fi is so sluggish it is nearly unusable.
Skip this one.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Fruita, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I had reserved a 2-room suite over the phone because I was traveling with extended family. When we got to the suite it turned into a shocker - the 2nd bedroom was a dark, windowless room with a sofa in it instead of a bed. When I went down to the front desk and said I must have been given the wrong room, I was told all their 2-room suites were like that. I wasn't about to sleep on a sofa bed so I asked for a regular room and when I went into that room the beds were sagging and looked worn out so didn't even bring suitcases into it and asked for a refund. Since I never book any other way than through the hotel itself (no 3rd party where there's no chance for a refund) I did get the refund. We went across the street a little way to a Hampton Inn that was slightly more expensive but tons cleaner and the beds so very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Murfreesboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Request non smoking and the hallway smelt like smoke which made us sick. Staff not friendly or helpful. TV had terrible reception - could get about 3 channels. Breakfast was good. Great location for Six Flags, World of Coke and downtown. Smoking was allowed outside the front door so had to walk through it everytime entered hotel. Room was clean.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 week of business meetings at a nearby company.
I do not normally create a review about the hotels I stay in, but this hotel with its great staff is definitely worth a review.

The one thing I like best about this hotel are the people at the reception desk. They always greet you with a smile and they even greet you by your name. And they make sure that you get to your location safely and picked up by a taxi, if the shuttle is unavailable.
They have a complimentary shuttle which can take you within 3 miles of the hotel, which makes it very convenient especially if you are not familiar with the area. The shuttle drivers are very courteous and very informative about the surrounding area.
The room I was occupying was big enough to accommodate 4 people. There is a safe, coffeemaker, microwave and small refrigerator in the room. However, my one complaint was that the room was not being vacuumed daily and the floor was a bit dirty.
There is a complimentary breakfast at this hotel that has a limited but just right selection. they have waffles (make your own), eggs, sausage or bacon, bread, yogurt, pastries, fruits and coffee/juice.
The wireless internet was just ok, there is also a cable connection, which is a bit faster than the wifi.
I also tried the fitness center, pool and whirlpool. The whirlpool/pool is indoor and heated, which feels great after a days work.
I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center? Share your experiences!