“Disappointing check in but I would stay here again.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Online & Save
Ranked #26 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Albany, New York
“Disappointing check in but I would stay here again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Checke in around 330 PM. Went up to my room and it wasn't cleaned yet. This is a pretty simple thing for a hotel to get right and I've stayed many lower tier hotels without this issue. When I went bak to the front desk reception was very helpful and quickly gave me a new room which was a suite. I should've been upgraded originally anyway as I'm a Platinum Hilton Member. So the check in process was disappointing.

Other than that it was a nice hotel, clean with good amenities. Small workout area.

I would stay here again and give them another shot.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Somerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I was here for a family wedding and the place was great in almost every way. My only complaint was the wifi was all but unusable for the two days I was here. The pool was clean and lots of fun and the food was good also. The property is right near many major highways but just far enough away that you never felt you were that near. The rooms were very clean and housekeeping was very responsive to any request. ......................................................

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I am very picky about hotels first off. I will say the outside is very well kept and the lobby looks newer. But once again, I feel like hotels will remodel and put all thier money in the entrance and not the rooms. Now I will say our room, particularly the bathroom was one of the cleanest I have had to date. The TV's are horrible . Only 2 HD channels even though they have HD TV's. We had 2 rooms and both TV's had sound issues. They came and checked on us, told us they would either switch our rooms or see if they could get a new TV, they said they would call us back with a solution and never did, I just let it go, but I am big on customer service. The best thing I did love here was the big garden bath tub, I wish all hotels had these!.....also we went to wash clothes in the laundry room, and we went in the Laundry room and it had the worst smell..we walked straight out without being able to do laundry. Beds were ok. Not sure if I would come back here or not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Santa Monica, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were in Atlanta visiting family for a weekend and, while there are many hotels in the area, it is hard to find a place that is a quality middle ground between pricey lodging and bare-bones lower end motels. With this in mind, we were amazed to stumble upon the Hilton Garden Inn on Windy Hill Rd. Including our AAA discount, our room was $63, and yet, the quality of the staff, the condition and maintenance of the property and grounds was better than many places that cost two to three times that rate per night. The staff for the morning breakfast (which costs extra, but well worth it) was cheerful and very helpful, especially this one Latino lady who had made the effort to warmly address us by name (evidently she looked up our room # on the breakfast coupon) as she served us. Most hotels never have staff that operates this personably. The night manager brought up extra pillows for us and seemed surprised when we provided a tip. This quality to offer service without an attitude or expected hand out was consistent with every employee with whom we had interactions. It only made us want to tip them more from the heart, because the spirit of the staff seemed more about making the stay good, purely as a goal. The grounds were well kept and there were electric car charging stations. Our bed was extremely comfortable and the only thing we wanted to address concerned the fact that the pillows are those smallish square pillows that seem to be increasingly ubiquitous at hotels and motels. Again, our request for more pillows was addressed quickly and pleasantly. We plan to stay here again when we return to Atlanta in the near future. This is a real find.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite for being guest of the day even though I am a Silver member.

The staff is very friendly, good breakfast, nice stay. I wish they had HD channels, even though they have HDTVs, but the staff is great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Me and my wife were here to attend a concert at nearby Cobb Energy Performance Theater. The rates on hotels.com were extremely competitive as compared to other hotels in this area. And after reading reviews, I booked this hotel. We arrived at the hotel in the evening. I knew that breakfast was not free. So I inquired at the front-desk during check-in about the breakfast hours. The receptionist gave us a coupon to use for one morning breakfast out of our 2 nights stay. I might not have even used it because of busy trip schedule, but I really appreciated the gesture. The hotel is quite close to the highway, and very good dining options. Parking is ample, and the neighborhood is very peaceful. Everything in the room was perfection. Beds were comfortable. The work chair was awesome. Internet worked flawless. They even had a Ethernet cable hooked up at the desk in case someone needs that. On our checkout day, we thought we will try their breakfast anyway. This is not your usual run-of-the-mill free breakfast quality. They make fresh omelets, pancakes, etc served at the table. It was a very pleasant experience. This was my first experience with Hilton Garden Inn, and I am highly likely to stay at another Hilton Garden Inn even if that means paying a little more than its competitors.

Room Tip: Wonderful breakfast. Make it a brunch, don't mind paying 10 bucks/person. Drive to downtown is...