“A touch of heaven” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
sweettee35
“A touch of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

This hotel was outstanding. Taking the advice listed here in an earlier post, I decided to bid 70.00 on a 4 start hotel in Buckhead and got the Intercontinental. The service was great and the overall stay was a pleasant one in which I haven't had in a long time. One thing that stood out was a simple thing like the ice already in the ice bucket waiting on you so you didn't have to chase ice down. I definitely would stay here again. Did have to pay for parking but for the most part everywhere we went I had to pay for parking so it equaled out.

Stayed September 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
richmond va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

As a woman inquiring about dining alone close to the hotel, the young men at the desk not only checked sources but one even delivered me to the restaurant when the hotel limo but busy. I hope the management appreciates the enthusiasm - I did.

• Stayed September 2007
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2007

This was my first stay at an InterContinental hotel and I was very pleased. The service was top-notch and the amenities were excellent. I was especially pleased with the free car service that will take you anywhere you want to go within a limited radius of the hotel.

• Liked — Free car service
  • Disliked — The toiletries
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

My husband and I took our 8 year old son to Atlanta for Labor Day Weekend and stayed at the Intercontinental Buckhead. I have stayed at many nice resorts/hotels and this one is at the top of our list. We have also stayed at the Westin in Buckhead and it is very nice, but does not compare to Intercontinental. It is a beautiful property, wonderful service and is just immaculate inside and out, the grounds/pool are equally lovely. We used the complimentary shuttle (anywhere w/in 2 miles of hotel) both evenings. They provide either a Cadillac, Escalade or Rolls Royce Phantom, we lucked up and were picked up in the RR, (typically there is a charge for this car) It was awesome, the Driver, Willie, was great! I highly recommend using this service as it keeps you from having to worry about directions, driving, etc. Our room was beautiful with a fabulous view of downtown Atlanta in the distance. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and there is a HUGE bathroom, wonderful separate shower and soaking tub. The tub is wonderful! You have twice daily maid service, including, evening turn down service. The toiletries were great, everything we needed was there, no detail was overlooked. The Marta is very close by, which we took to downtown Atlanta and also to the Braves game. We also had buffet breakfast in their signature restaurant, Au Pied de Cochon. It was bountiful and very delicious, coffee and juice were included for $17.95 per person, very reasonable. Service there was excellent. I could go on and on, it was just a fabulous stay and we can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Location and wonderful beds, bathroom w/soaking tub
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

Overall this hotel is very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We asked to be taken to dinner in one of the hotel cars and they got it right away. After dinner we called the driver and he was waiting for us. The room was ok. Alittle small, but the decor was nice and very clean. If you can get a deal on the room, it is worth it.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

I had just gotten back from the Orlando Ritz-Carlton, and I needed a place to stay in Atlanta, so I got this InterContinental which I had stayed in four times before. The first and second time I stayed here, it was excellent. The rooms were in perfect condition. The third and fourth times, it got a bit dull. Now my fifth time, I found cracks in the walls, trash on the floor, and the staff was shy, somewhat confusing, and slow. Yes, the hotel design is very modern, and the rooms and bathrooms are very roomy with a lot of marble and separate tub and shower. However, with cracks in the walls and the door slowly rotting and poor maintenance, I give change it from 4-star to 3-star. I bet next time I stay here, it will be down to 2-star. Right across the street is the Grand Hyatt Buckhead. It is a little bit older and the bathroom may be a little bit smaller, but it has been kept in fairly perfect condition for the past several years. The InterContinental has been open for only 3, maybe 4 years, and it looks like it is at least 10 years old.

• Liked — the hotel and room design
  • Disliked — the fact that it is depreciating so quickly
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2007

My husband booked a night at the Intercontinental through Priceline for our anniversary. We had never used Priceline before and were a bit nervous about the reception we would get at the hotel after reading reviews of some who had done the same. We were very pleasantly surprised. No reference was made to booking through a 3rd party, our room type request was honored and we were made to feel very welcome. The room was beautiful, with a wonderful view of the gardens below. Make sure you take advantage of the soaker tub in your room. The linens were luxurious, had a wonderful night's sleep. The front of the room (bathroom) did let a little of the hallway noise through, but nothing to be bothered about once you entered the open sleeping area. Overall it was a great stay! Got directions printed out by concierge for restaurants we were going to. Did the self -park, not bad prices considering you are in Buckhead. Overall loved the stay and would definitely go back.

• Liked — Centrally located, beautiful rooms
  • Disliked — can't think of a thing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!