“Pet fee” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Marietta, Ga. USA
“Pet fee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

What you likely don't notice is the "NONREFUNDABLE" part of the pet deposit to the tune of $100. It's in very small writing, cleverly hidden on the webpage. The point of a deposit is so that the provider will be compensated IF there is any damage done to the room. My 5 lb Chihuahua couldn't have done $100 worth of damage if he tried. The manager, Drew, was obtuse and absolutely NO help, even though I am a frequent customer. I will never give them my business again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta from July 31st to August 2nd 2009. I am a Platinum Ambassador Member and received an upgrade to the 22nd Floor of the hotel facing the rear. I was not impress with valet parking (especially for $30.00 a night). Valet is slow and they are not always welcoming to come up to your car door and open it for you. We stayed on a club level room and the club was nice, but not great compared to the Ritz Carlton club floors. They offer no wine, beer, liquor, or champagne during their lunch hour. During cocktail hour all of the alcohol is secured behind the door and you have to ask if you want champagne or a cocktail. This is very different from the Ritz Carlton club level were everything is out for the guests. The room 2217 was nothing spectacular, very small compared to the Ritz Carlton club rooms and the Four Seasons. The pool outside was nice. I did go to the spa and received the Relaxation Package, which was okay. I received a better massage elsewhere before. All-in-all I would go back again if I was using my free weekend stay gift certificate that I get every year for being a member. I think it is worth the membership (only $150) for this reason and for others (upgraded room, free wireless access, water and fruit, priority points, and early check-in and late check-out).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

From the driveway into our room we were blown away. The staff inside and out could not have tried harder or been more helpful.
After staying in many of the hotels in the are ( Grand Hyatt, Westin, W) we found the perfect fit here. The hotel is lovely and beyond comfortable . The rooms are large and well appointed , you don't see sterling silver vases in just any hotel rooms.
The crowing glory as far as I was concern was the staff . The entire place is filled with kind and helpful people. I saw only genuine smiles everywhere I went.
We met a wonderful asset to the hotel and that was a young man named Eli who was wearing a number of hats that week. Being from Atlanta Eli could be truly useful.
Noting but positive things to say about this hotel. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

The Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta is an excellent hotel. The property is in excellent condition, the staff are extraordinarily gracious and helpful, and the location is central in Buckhead. I travel a great deal and stay at many hotels. This one would be one of the finest in the US.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
North GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

We spent the night of the 4th of July at the IC to celebrate our anniversary. We selected a package that included a room with a view of the Lenox Square fireworks, parking and buffet breakfast for $159. Having never been inside the hotel we were so pleased with how beautiful it was, and the room was as nice as the 4S Midtown. Great creature comforts and newly decorated. And very quiet even though the hotel seemed very busy with lots of families. Nice staff all over the hotel from check in to check out. Had a light supper in the french restaurant on site that was just okay, but the breakfast buffet there was quite good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I normally stay at the Westin Buckhead and love it but I have been meaning to try the Intercontinental based on rave reviews from friends and from other traveller reviews. I paid $86 through a discounted website but had I paid the full room price, it would not have been worth it.

The lobby is beautiful and I love the dome ceiling. Everything is clean and nice and since it was the 4th of July weekend it was very busy. I checked in at 3:30 and was told the room was not ready due to 100% occupancy the night before. I was slightly irritated but went to sit with my luggage in the lobby. We saw other couples that went right up to their rooms (guess their housekeepers were faster) and those that had to sit around and wait also. My impatience rose when my wait reached 30 minutes. At 4:05pm I walked to the very busy front desk that had a line of 10 people. When I reached the desk I told the desk rep that I had waited over 30 minutes and she looked my name up and "wallah" my room was ready. They were supposed to call me on my cell phone and I guess I'd have waited another 30 minutes had I not walked up to the front desk. Boo. She said my room had a lovely view of downtown.

Upon entering our room (522), the first slight disappointment was a room with double beds but it was a busy weekend. I didn't feel like dealing with any more drama. I raced to the window to see this lovely view and opened the curtains to see the Embassy Suites building with a partial view of downtown. I guess some would call it lovely.... But not one to be a complainer (lol), I said, it'll do, plus, we aren't staying in the room for the view anyways.

The bathroom was probably the only part of the room where I can say it's nicer than the Westin. There is a nice soaking tub and the decor was very nice. The shower was a glass walk in shower BUT the Westin's double shower head has Intercontinental beat. AND the Westin has shower gel, not just shampoo and conditioner (or maybe that was Marriott... I forget).

I still say this hotel is super nice but it doesn't knock my favorite out the water. I was expecting it to do so from the reviews from friends. But to each their own.

Intercontinental is a nice runner up.

Note: They allow dogs. I wish I had brought my Pomeranian. I saw 5 different dogs - small to mid-sized.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

Stayed 2 nights on club level. Excellent Buckead location convenient to many restaurants and both Lenox and Phipps. Hotel has nice Escalade ESV that is complimentary for travel within 2 miles. Room was a standard two bed as we had children. Bathroom is nice with marble, soaking tub , and separate shower. Very nice UK amenities. Club compared favorably to most I have seen with the only exception being Ritz. As far as the hotel, I believe it currently measure up favorably to both Atlanta RCs and very comparable to Four Seasons, just newer. Pool is fairly small for propoerty of this size, but outdoor location makes it a nice options as many hotels in this category have indoor pools in Atlanta. Bar is nice as is the French restaurant on-site, which is open 24 hours per day. My wife enjoyed the spa. Overall service is on par with most RCs I have stayed in, probably only slightly below Four Seasons. I will stay here again when in the Buckhead area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!