“Thank You Joe” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
“Thank You Joe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out after a four day convention and felt good about my stay. The service struck me as better than most hotels. It wasn't until I got home and realized I forgot my IPod in the docking station in my room. I called the hotel thinking it was likely a lost cause. I was connected to Joe in security. I gave him my story and he diligently tracked down the forgotten IPod and shipped FedEx to me. I'm thrilled and very grateful for the effort and service he provided. Its a great example of how this property treats its guests!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
It is so humbling to read your oh-so-kind review, Kellis923! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing and, additionally, for choosing us during your recent visit to Atlanta. Also, thank you for your comments regarding Joe's superior service; I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Joe as he exemplifies everything that is so wonderful about our top-notch team of professionals here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta. I’m thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience; won’t you come back and see us again soon? Safe travels.

1,035 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very nice hotel with excellent staff and nice rooms. I enjoyed using the gym which is nice, although it may not be as nice as some other five star hotels. I look forwarding to returning the next time I am in Atlanta

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Rick L! Thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts about your recent experience with us. I’m thrilled that you had an excellent overall stay and also that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our second floor fitness center. As you mentioned, our gym is fully equipped and offers fantastic views up and down Peachtree Road. Thanks again and I hope that whenever your travels have you return to Atlanta that you'll come back and see us. Safe travels!
MILNER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

You will be treated like royalty, we got in our room and staff followed us in with a plank of fruit, asked if we needed anything, The view is stunning!!! Their courtyard is like being in someones' personal formal gardens, Food is good in the restaurant, I love their little gift shop and prices are
really quite reasonable. Just had a fabulous time. Within walking distance of lots of great restaurants.Oh, the bathroom is magnificent, marble everywhere. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, shereen_w! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us; we truly do love receiving feedback of all kinds from our valued guests. I'm so pleased that you had a relaxing time during your stay with us. You bring up a fantastic point regarding our wonderful gift/sundry shop. Located right off of the lobby, our shop features not only all travel essentials but also high-end gifts, souvenirs, and merchandise; all at an affordable price point. Thanks again for your comments. Please come back and see us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was there for a convention and it hit me that they had no free internet for guests, even in the lobby... Weird. While siting in the conference room an enormous cockroach walked on the wall. How dirty is this place????

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello, partypartyparty. First of all, I hope that you enjoyed your conference here in Atlanta. Secondly, I want to thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts regarding your experience with us. As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take all feedback seriously. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com whenever you may have a free moment. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Convenient location and excellent, professional staff. Relaxing bar and good restaurant. Very nice spa and exercise. Rooms are comfortable. The only reason it is not excellent is the rooms have a bit of wear.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the humbling review, Hoyt13! I must say that your headline, “staff makes the place”, is absolutely correct. Plain and simple, providing superior guest service is our driving factor and is what gets us up in the morning. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your experience, especially Southern Art and SPA InterContinental. Aren’t they both just amazing? In my opinion, an afternoon treatment at SPA InterContinental followed by a relaxing dinner at Southern Art is quite the treat! Thank you again for your comments and we certainly hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

i stayed here for 2 nights to attend a conference hosted in the hotel. it was about 20 min. from the airport. i felt welcomed from the moment the car pulled up. staff was extremely attentive. i did find some parts of the lobby to be a little dark however. the hotel room was well lit, well decorated (felt very modern/new) and extremely clean. the gym seemed a little dated, but had a good selection of equipment. the meals provided by the hotel at the conference were extraordinary. a great variety and extremely well-tasting food. the bar and restaurant was very cool and a great atmosphere during the day and at night. friendly bar tenders and seemed like a cool place to hang out. this hotel is in walking distance to the MARTA and close to many neat restaurants and a shopping mall.

Room Tip: ask for one of the top floors facing downtown Atlanta. gorgeous view at night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello and thank you for the wonderful review, Smithxmx! I must say, I believe you experienced just about every possible amenity here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta during your conference! I would have to recommend that, upon your next visit, you experience our all-organic SPA InterContinental. Located on the pool level, our spa offers every imaginable relaxation therapy from gentlemen's facials to deep tissue couples massages. Whatever your desires may be, we're more than happy to accommodate. Thank you again for sharing your experience; please come back and see us again soon!
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Only spent a night here but everything was perfect. Would definitely come back. Beds were comfortable, staff was very friendly and we enjoyed hanging out in the Bourbon Bar. Only thing we didn't enjoy was the $20 overnight parking fee. But that's Buckhead for you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Metalheadrr3! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!