“Worth every star” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Columbia, South Carolina
“Worth every star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel starts and ends with service and the service at this hotel was amazing. The people were courteous and helpful, the rooms were beautiful and large, and the bed was great. The only thing that was wrong is my wife was home and I was travelling for business. Did I mention that the restaurant was very nice and tasty as well. GREAT HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: Corner Room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Greetings from Atlanta, ggrober151! Well, I believe that my cheeks are a little red after reading your review; thank you for your humbling comments. I'm absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed every facet of your recent stay with us; after all, it is only with guest feedback that we know that we're truly providing a AAA Five Diamond experience. Perhaps we can "correct that wrong" sometime soon with a couples getaway weekend? We do offer several wonderful packages, including an all-inclusive romance option. Either way, we'd love to welcome you back again--with or without guests! Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Western Springs, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to have our room upgraded, with thanks to the high level of service throughout the hotel. The pool was nice as well as the hot tub. The neighborhood, Buckhead, was well rated but we found it disappointing. It was not even nice for strolling to the restaurant. Uninteresting, common, not worth the effort to drive all that way north of the city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Mary M! I want to personally thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I'm very pleased that you were able to experience the high levels of service found throughout our hotel. Regardless of the request, it is always our pleasure to accommodate each and every one of your needs. I hope that you also had the opportunity to try out our signature restaurant and bar, Southern Art and Bourbon Bar. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith, Southern Art serves as a wonderful venue to sample creative, modern southern cuisine. And not to be forgotten, Bourbon Bar offers not only a lively environment, but also an unprecedented list of craft bourbon. I hope that you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! Safe travels.
Bluffton, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had planned a night in Atlanta as part of our family vacation. Our plan was to stay at Holiday Inn Centennial Park as I have a lot of rewards points through IHG Hotel Group. They were booked solid but I learned that, although it would use a LOT more points, we could still get a rewards night at the InterContinental. My nine year old son loves to stay in hotels but has never stayed in one quite so nice. He was, of course, completely blown away. Every aspect of the service was excellent. We ran into someone in the elevator from the parking garage who my son chatted up a bit. It's a little confusing coming off the elevator where reception was (perhaps a sign would be helpful?). The gentleman took us there personally and introduced us to the receptionist. She was very gracious and helpful and so enthusiastic.
As IHG members, we did get an upgraded room with a phenomenal view (room 1707). The room wasn't huge but was very well appointed and had a terrific bathroom with a deep bathtub and a separate shower. The linens were, as expected, impeccable as well.
We spent the afternoon at the pool. It's a great pool with ample seating and a very comfy hot tub. My only complaint was that, despite the fact that there were about 40 people there, the pool bar was not open. I'm sure there is some calendar they use to determine what days they'll have an attendant. But even the bartender in the lobby commented on how many of us were coming down to order drinks.
My son had earned a reward of hotel room service and, again, the service was amazing. I had told the server that it was my son's first room service experience and he made a HUGE deal out of it for him. The food was pretty darn good too. We ordered off the kid's menu for him (chicken breast and mac and cheese) and I honestly would have been happy with it myself.
Check out was VERY easy and quick.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel for business travelers as it is less than one block from transit and a fairly easy walk to shopping (two of the nicer Atlanta malls) as well as numerous restaurants. It would also be great for a couples weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from Atlanta, mwinn! Thank you very much for the wonderful, thorough review! I must say, I'm ecstatic that you and your family (especially your nine-year-old future hotelier) had such a wonderful experience during your time with us. Perhaps we've "won you over" to the InterContinental brand? Were you able to take advantage of croquet and cornhole in our Windsor Garden? During the warmer months of the year we offer complimentary activities and games throughout the hotel and also in Southern Art. You'll definitely want to join us every Easter as we offer a complimentary kids petting zoo and a special visit from the Easter Bunny himself! Safe travels and please come back and see us again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. Kyle at the reception desk was particularly helpful and greatly elevated my experience. Germaine at the bell stand was incredibly courteous and helpful when I needed to leave my bag with him for a short period of time. My room was exceptional and the bed was absolutely luxurious. The location is truly in the heart of all things wonderful regarding Buckhead. Great stay!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, MeetingManager411. Thank you very much for the "excellent" review! As a meeting planner, I know that you must experience your fair share of hotels (for better or for worse). I hope you had an opportunity to tour some of our meeting and event space during your stay with us. If not, I'd love to welcome you back for a personal tour! With over 30,000 square feet of total event space (including the largest ballroom in Buckhead), we're here to serve your every event need! Thank you again for your oh-so-kind review; come back and see us again soon!
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

One of the best hotels in Atlanta/Buckhead! If you want good service, this is where you need to stay. Nothing but friendliness during our entire stay. The bar food was good. The drinks were great. The room was very nice and we had GREAT view.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings, fitQueenbeast. Thank you very much for your "first class" review! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and found our service to be more than accommodating. As one of Atlanta's few AAA Five Diamond-designated hotels, we fully realize that offering unsurpassed guest service is the key to building and maintaining guest loyalty. After all, hearing that we provided "first class service" is sweet music to our ears! Thank you again for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing. Won't you come back and let us welcome you again soon? Safe travels.
Columbus, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night when we returned from our vacation in Mexico. Great hotel, great location. However, what makes it really worthwhile is the hotel's restaurant Southern Art. It was delicious! A little expensive but plan for it. It's worth it. There's also Bourbon Bar adjacent to the restaurant that is doing some really interesting things on the bourbon
mixology front. Now here's the kicker... my girlfriend booked the room for a mere $89 a night through hotwire! So we could afford to splurge on a succulent dinner and creative cocktails. Throw in valet service for about $16 bucks and it all adds up to a great night in Buckhead! #IHG

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings from Atlanta, Marquise S! Well, what a wonderfully flattering review! I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed your experience and had the opportunity to indulge a little at Southern Art and Bourbon Bar. As you are probably aware, Southern Art is helmed by celebrity chef and cookbook author Art Smith. Chef Art's classic-yet-modern approach to southern cuisine is like none other; I'm so happy you enjoyed! I certainly hope you were able to try out their famous (or infamous, in some regards) twelve-layer red velvet cake. It's to die for! Thank you again for your review; come back and see us again soon!
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We arrived very late in the evening and were moved to the presidential suite! My boys were extremely happy, so were we.
Probably 2,500 sft of luxury and comfort.
The hotel was not just a great experience because of this, but the amenities, food, airtime details as the flavored waters station at the entrance make this a real 5 star hotel.
Very good restaurants on the property.

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings from Atlanta, pilarcm! Thank you very much for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay with us. And what a stay it must have been! With endless skyline views and endless amounts of square footage, our Presidential Suite offers the ultimate InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta experience. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your "presidential treatment"! But, in reality, every single one of our guests is given the presidential treatment each and every day. This is simply the way InterContinental Hotels and Resorts does business and we're quite proud of our legendary service philosophy. Thank you again for letting us know how we're doing; come back and see us again soon!

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!