“Great Business hotel in Buckhead” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Great Business hotel in Buckhead”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. I type ever
Stay at Intercontinentals as I have loyalty points with Starwood, Marriott and Hyatts. This property is very nice with plenty of conference space to host an event. The rooms are large request a high floor as the hotel sits on a busy street. Rooms have large modern flat screen TVs and large bathrooms with separate showers and tubs. I would compare this property to a Hyatt Regency/Westin. TVs had both Showtime and HBO. The gym is nice with new equipment and they provide nice headphones to watch tV on the cardio machines. For Priority Club members this is a great option.

• Stayed June 2013
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for the review, Waitingforvacation. We pride ourselves on our extraordinary amenities, including but not limited to oversized guest room bathrooms, a state of the art fitness center, and our award-winning Bourbon Bar and Southern Art restaurant. With that said, I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us – perhaps we’ve ‘won’ you over to InterContinental Hotels and Resorts and IHG? Also, if you’re an IHG Rewards Club member, beginning in 2014 we’ll provide complimentary wi-fi for each and every stay! If you haven’t already, I invite you to sign up at ihgrewardsclub.com. I hope that you’ll come back and visit us whenever your travels have you return to Atlanta; we’d love to see you again!

1,107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

location fantastic, the bed and pillows amazingly comfortable, the bar very busy and loud however a great selection of wines. Room service fabulous..breakfast came within 10 minutes of ordering, eggs prepared to perfection, tea pipping hot. I look forward to going back!

Room Tip: even rooms have a great view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the kind review, Kmr858! When I hear the comment “I look forward to coming back” I know that we’ve done our job successfully. Plain and simple, this is our driving factor and is what gets us up in the morning. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in bed, surrounded by gorgeous views of the Atlanta skyline. After all, who wouldn’t? Thank you again for taking a moment to share your thoughts regarding your stay. Come back and let us pamper you again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Every time I am headed to Atlanta I wonder if my stay at IC Buckhead will be as great as the last time. It has yet to disappoint.

From the minute I walked in I was made to feel like a valuable guest. The desk clerks were professional, the concierge lounge hosts friendly and attentive; even the housekeeping personnel greeted me warmly.

I had a most pleasant meal at the lobby lounge, and the server was very attentive. My meal was excellent, and my only complaint is that the wonderful roasted peach salad is no longer on the menu.

And, now for the highest compliment I can pay a hotel... In my opinion, the beds at the IC Buckhead are the most comfortable beds in any hotel anywhere.

I will absolutely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I’m humbled by your oh-so-kind review, AnotherNiteOnTheRoad! You know, we owe a debt of gratitude to our loyal guests, so thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you each and every time; it’s our pleasure! We hear comments, time after time, regarding how amazingly comfortable our beds are, and I must agree. Even though our hotel is less than 10 years old, we’ve recently completed a multi-million dollar makeover of our guest rooms and public areas. During this renovation we added fresh new bed linens to all guest rooms, including feather beds and additional pillow options. Again, thank you for the feedback; we certainly appreciate it! Safe travels and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked the hotel for my wedding room block and could not have been happier with the service, the hotel and the rate. The gorgeous, spacious lobby and bar area was perfect for our guest to congregate. The entire staff, from valet to front desk to our account manager went above and beyond to ensure that our guests and I had everything we needed.

Our guests were able to walk to the many restaurants in the area, making it easier and more relaxing during their visit.

It was a perfect weekend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello, BikingAtlanta. First and foremost, congratulations on the recent celebration! I’m ecstatic that not only did you choose us to host your wedding party but also that you had such a wonderful experience; thanks for letting us know! Given our AAA Five Diamond status we host quite a few wedding parties throughout the year and, I must tell you, we love every minute of the experience. Whether it’s a large ceremony in our stunning Windsor Ballroom (the largest in Buckhead) or a room block of your closest friends and family, our social event managers are here to attend to your every wedding need. After all, we all deserve the wedding of our dreams, right? Thank you so much for letting us know how we’re doing; we certainly appreciate it! Come back and see us again soon.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Location:
The Intercontinental is right in the heart of Buckhead on Peachtree Rd. It is walking distance to Lenox Mall, Phipps Plaza and a plethora of great Atlanta restaurants. As locations go, this is one of the top locations to be in Atlanta / Buckhead.

Accommodations:
The rooms are nice, but relatively standard. They do have flat screen tv's on the walls and the beds are very comfortable. Everything is very clean.

Property:
This is a large hotel with lots of conference space. It has a great outdoor courtyard area that is nice for when the weather is not Africa-hot in Atlanta. They have a great bar (Bourbon Bar) and restaurant in the lobby and it is generally pretty busy with travelers / business folks lingering. There is lots of parking in the lot and the valet pulls right up front. In all, it is a very nice / large property in a very busy area of Atlanta.

Service:
I am one that does not find service generally great in any area of Atlanta, but as Atlanta goes, it was good.

In all, if you are planning on staying in Buckhead, it is a great choice. Walk to everything, safe location and great place to meet up with friends / family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Spade05! I want to personally thank you for submitting feedback of your recent stay with us; after all, we certainly value and look forward to guest feedback of any kind! You mentioned that our hotel is located in a “top location” and, frankly, we couldn’t agree more. In addition to being just steps from world-class shopping at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, we are also just two blocks from MARTA’s Buckhead transit station. Simply hop on the train and you are just minutes from all key Atlanta destinations, neighborhoods, and even Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. But, even when location isn’t of concern and you just need a getaway, we do offer unsurpassed amenities, including a plethora of indoor and outdoor event spaces, Southern Art (our modern Southern restaurant helmed by Chef Art Smith), Bourbon Bar (where local and regional craft bourbon rules), SPA InterContinental, an outdoor pool and whirlpool, and a large, modern gym overlooking famed Peachtree Road. All in all, we’re here to take care of your every need. Safe travels and we’re looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Sometimes when I stay in hotels rated with four-five stars, I wonder who did the rating. Recent stay at Intercon Buckhead Atlanta was one of those times. Two ladies of the night met us with more than friendly propositions inside the front door when we arrived just after one a.m. for a very late check-in. The next night I went to the 2nd floor to get fresh air in the pool area to avoid the dressy lobby crowd. Pool was closed so was the spa. Instead, an elderly man was half-walking, half-staggering while groping & kissing a young woman in mini skirt & very high spike patent platform sandals away from the spa. I told my husband, we told the management, they said they would increase security. Four nights at the hotel and we saw several such young women sometimes with elderly men, but perhaps security was incognito. We requested for housekeeping one night and a very nice, very friendly reservation/front desk clerk came to do the job. Hotel has no housekeepers at night, apparently. We came back late after midnight once and no restaurants or cafe open in the property. The only decent food available was room service. During the days, the courtyard was quite nice with games that children played with. The pool is a bit small & pool area crowded. Breakfast buffet was same fair during our days of stay and enjoyable. I would think twice before I would bring children to this hotel. If you're a spa buff like me, Mandarin Hotel has a two floor spa in Atlanta.

Room Tip: End of Hallway rooms very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, Emily B, and thank you for letting us know your thoughts about your recent stay! Just two weeks ago we were re-issued our AAA Five Diamond quality award for the fourth year running, so with that said I want to assure you that we take all feedback seriously. As a destination hotel, we pride ourselves on providing a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all of our guests – including yourself! I would like to discuss your experience with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to speaking with you! Safe travels and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Visited Atlanta for a conference and stayed at the InterContinental Buckhead. Beautiful hotel with wonderful staff who go out of their way to make sure that your stay is the best. Comfortable bed and relaxing "soaking" tub and shower! While I did not use the pool or spa, I did eat at Southern Art and had the yummy Buttermilk Fried Chicken! You will not regret having this delicious meal! If I return to Atlanta, I will stay at the InterContinental again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greetings from a warm and sunny Atlanta, OBXLover08! Your feedback is truly important to us and I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing; we love that! We also love hearing that a guest had such an enjoyable experience that they will return again whenever their travels bring them back to Atlanta. Isn’t Chef Art Smith’s fried chicken simply delicious? In fact, our guests often tell us that Southern Art’s fried chicken is some of the best they’ve ever had! When you return be sure to try our Four Roses bourbon at Bourbon Bar. Four Roses is a unique blend that is created just for us by a regional craft distiller. Offering smooth, classic bourbon notes, Four Roses is the perfect companion to Southern Art’s fried chicken. On behalf of our team, thank you for your kind feedback. Come back and see us again soon!

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!