“Top notch service with nice rooms and good location” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Durham, North Carolina
“Top notch service with nice rooms and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding over the Easter weekend. One of our children was sick with a stomach bug, and the staff was helpful in bringing up extra sheets, towels, and amenities. The room was right for the 5 of us (2 adults, 2 kids, and one infant), but that was our doing because we didn't want to split up. Staff learned our family name and it was nice to be greeted as such over the phone. We were able to avail of the wedding rate, which made the bit of $22/day for self parking tolerable. Wished there was free internet, but was able to use 3G on my phone. Facilities were nice, including the rooms, which were modern and tastefully decorated. It was a little annoying that the nightstands did not have conventional pull-out drawers, but rather a swing out cabinet door with small shelves inside. We did some kids laundry (see above regarding stomach bug), but there were no prices on the laundry sheet. They charged us $40 for a few items, but I was able to get customer service reduce the charge by 50%, so I can't complain too much. Would stay here again for sure mostly because of the excellent service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Greetings, Fiend. I certainly hope you and your family have fully recovered from the stomach flu! Traveling with sick children can be trying, so I am happy to hear that our staff were able to attend to all of your needs in order for the most comfortable visit possible. Although we are only eight years old, we have recently undergone a multi-million dollar hotel renovation, so I appreciate your feedback regarding the new furniture and soft goods! Also, thank you for your comments surrounding our dry cleaning service; I am happy that guest relations were able to adjust the bill for you. Hopefully next time you visit us you and your family will be feeling better and able to explore all that Atlanta has to offer!

1,135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a college visit with a family of four. Check in was very easy. Staff was friendly. We already new about the self park fee at $22 a night so no surprises there. Room had a spa like bathroom. Wish I didn't bring the kids so I could have enjoyed it. Bed wrapped its arms around me and made me oversleep. Great hotel! I would easily stay again

• Stayed April 2013
Wow, thank you for the kind words, amcfulton! I am so pleased that we anticipated your needs and provided you with all the comforts and conveniences you hoped for. Being rated as a AAA Five Diamond hotel isn’t always an easy process, but we take an incredible amount of pride in everything from our cleanliness to guest service to offering unrivaled amenities. Perhaps next time (with or without your children) you’ll have the opportunity to try out our oh-so-soothing, award-winning SPA InterContinental or celebrity chef Art Smith’s Southern Art restaurant and Bourbon Bar! We definitely look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent stay at the Intercontinental. Starting with it is very easy to take the MARTA train directly from the airport to the hotel (one block away).

The room was very clean and very attractive. Lots of extra amenities, like a scale in the bathroom. Nice modern bathroom design and bedroom furniture. Easy space to work in. Great views. Friendly staff.

Quiet room, comfortable bed and pillows. Lots of dining and retail nearby (although, oddly, few pedestrians).

If I could get the same room rate next time I'm in Atlanta, I would very much like to stay here. This was an outstanding stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Villanova, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My company does a conference for customers every year, and that means 27 resorts and hotels I've stayed it. Of all of them, this was the best.

Can I have a shout-out for fast elevators?

The rooms were impeccably appointed with a bazillion pillows (I'm a fan!) and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was just beautiful, with lots of cool mirrors and tile and big fluffy towels. The TV was 40", I think, and with the NCAA tournament on, that was a huge plus.

The conference facilities were perfect and unobtrusive. By that, I mean that the rooms were unlocked or locked when they were supposed to be, the water and snacks appeared as if by magic, the projectors all worked as they were supposed to, and I couldn't hear sound from adjoining rooms. The lunches were truly amazing and gorgeous -- I should have asked for the recipe for the pesto noodles!

The area was really great, too. I went for a run with a couple colleagues every morning and once we got off Peachtree Road, the neighborhood was a beautiful place to run through. Across the street was a Jimmy John's, and there were a lot of neat restaurants very near.

I don't know how much the company paid for the place. Probably a lot. (The room service menu was preposterously out of range for me.) But it was money well spent.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great hotel, room more than adequate and fantastic bar. Bourbon list in bar was fabulous.
Can't really ask for more when on a business trip.

Breakfast was included in our room price, but if not you will find it is expensive for the buffet.

On arrival I had a package, and had one to be sent by Fed Ex that was prepaid. The staff were great handled them and never charged as most hotels seem to these days.

Concierge organised free hotel limo to and from restaurants in the evenings.

Right on top of the best shopping in Buckhead.

I will be going back to Atlanta, although this hotel was not cheap by any standards, it was by far the best experience for a long time.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed here twice for a nigthly getway with my wife, I just love it, Classy, Luxurious and the Staff is really nice (Southern Hospitality), the breakfast is AMAZING, the restaurant in general is really good, try the Chicken, the whole is experience is really good, but as you can expect all of this is pricey, the location in perfect, in the center of buckhead, near all the action there.

Room Tip: The higher the level, the better.