“Luxuriously Relaxing Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
North Carolina
“Luxuriously Relaxing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a college visit with a family of four. Check in was very easy. Staff was friendly. We already new about the self park fee at $22 a night so no surprises there. Room had a spa like bathroom. Wish I didn't bring the kids so I could have enjoyed it. Bed wrapped its arms around me and made me oversleep. Great hotel! I would easily stay again

• Stayed April 2013
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Wow, thank you for the kind words, amcfulton! I am so pleased that we anticipated your needs and provided you with all the comforts and conveniences you hoped for. Being rated as a AAA Five Diamond hotel isn’t always an easy process, but we take an incredible amount of pride in everything from our cleanliness to guest service to offering unrivaled amenities. Perhaps next time (with or without your children) you’ll have the opportunity to try out our oh-so-soothing, award-winning SPA InterContinental or celebrity chef Art Smith’s Southern Art restaurant and Bourbon Bar! We definitely look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

1,039 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Excellent stay at the Intercontinental. Starting with it is very easy to take the MARTA train directly from the airport to the hotel (one block away).

The room was very clean and very attractive. Lots of extra amenities, like a scale in the bathroom. Nice modern bathroom design and bedroom furniture. Easy space to work in. Great views. Friendly staff.

Quiet room, comfortable bed and pillows. Lots of dining and retail nearby (although, oddly, few pedestrians).

If I could get the same room rate next time I'm in Atlanta, I would very much like to stay here. This was an outstanding stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Villanova, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My company does a conference for customers every year, and that means 27 resorts and hotels I've stayed it. Of all of them, this was the best.

Can I have a shout-out for fast elevators?

The rooms were impeccably appointed with a bazillion pillows (I'm a fan!) and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was just beautiful, with lots of cool mirrors and tile and big fluffy towels. The TV was 40", I think, and with the NCAA tournament on, that was a huge plus.

The conference facilities were perfect and unobtrusive. By that, I mean that the rooms were unlocked or locked when they were supposed to be, the water and snacks appeared as if by magic, the projectors all worked as they were supposed to, and I couldn't hear sound from adjoining rooms. The lunches were truly amazing and gorgeous -- I should have asked for the recipe for the pesto noodles!

The area was really great, too. I went for a run with a couple colleagues every morning and once we got off Peachtree Road, the neighborhood was a beautiful place to run through. Across the street was a Jimmy John's, and there were a lot of neat restaurants very near.

I don't know how much the company paid for the place. Probably a lot. (The room service menu was preposterously out of range for me.) But it was money well spent.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great hotel, room more than adequate and fantastic bar. Bourbon list in bar was fabulous.
Can't really ask for more when on a business trip.

Breakfast was included in our room price, but if not you will find it is expensive for the buffet.

On arrival I had a package, and had one to be sent by Fed Ex that was prepaid. The staff were great handled them and never charged as most hotels seem to these days.

Concierge organised free hotel limo to and from restaurants in the evenings.

Right on top of the best shopping in Buckhead.

I will be going back to Atlanta, although this hotel was not cheap by any standards, it was by far the best experience for a long time.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have stayed here twice for a nigthly getway with my wife, I just love it, Classy, Luxurious and the Staff is really nice (Southern Hospitality), the breakfast is AMAZING, the restaurant in general is really good, try the Chicken, the whole is experience is really good, but as you can expect all of this is pricey, the location in perfect, in the center of buckhead, near all the action there.

Room Tip: The higher the level, the better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a very good business hotel in the financial centre of Atlanta. Well appointed guest rooms, comfortable beds and a well laid out reception and conference area. The best thing about the hotel though was the top notch service from the staff. Obviously well trained in the art of customer service!

This is another excellent Intercontinental property.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I booked a one night getaway for my birthday (combining our celebration with dinner at Bistro Niko across the street). We booked the room online and then called the hotel to request a king bed since the online reservation wasn't specific. They assured us that they would reserve a king for us, but encouraged us to book directly with the hotel in the future to ensure that our needs were met. They really cared about our decision to stay with them because when we checked in they surprised us with an UPGRADE to an upper floor suite!!!! We were thrilled!!!! What a class act this place is. Awesome lobby bar, gorgeous decor throughout the hotel. We will book again . . . and again!!!

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel - it cost a little more than the prices offered on the online discount...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!