“Very Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Jalandhar, India
“Very Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Time and again I travel to Atlanta.Since the opening of IC Buckhead am using the property.It is so well connected via MARTA (Public Transport) that one reaches from airport in less than half hour.Ever friendly staff has always upgraded without a hassle.Though it is not mandatory to upgrade but I have enjoyed it being a Platinum Priority Club member.The Club Lounge is exceptionally loaded the whole day with a warm reception.

Room Tip: Peach tree road view is relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We checked in at 3:15 PM, 15 minutes after their posted check in time and were told our room was not ready. It was an upgraded room because of the FINE HOTELS program through AMEX which also allows early check in up to 12PM, which obviously wasn't case. We had a 4PM SPA appointment so she said we could check the bag with the bellman and then the SPA would get the room and the bags when we were ready. We only had one bag for one night and purposely self parked so we could take our own bag in and not wait for it. When our SPA appointments were complete, the SPA check in person had our keys and called to get our bags. As we were waiting for the elevator, one stopped that appeared to have our bag on it with many others but the elevator was full so he had to go on. So we arrived at our room and waited for over 45 minutes before I decided to look on our floor and the ones below it for the bellman. I never saw him but when I returned to our floor a bellman with an empty cart almost ran into me and even gave me a dirty look like I was in his way when I was coming off of the elevator! I started to ask if he delivered our bag but just assumed so. When I got to our room, our bag was not there! So I called the front desk and there was no answer. I hung up and called again... 3 times!! Then there was another button called "Quick Service" and I called it 3 times and nothing. So we walked down to the floor's concierge person and explained what was happening and she was all over it. Within 10 minutes she told us our bags were in the room. This was now 6:15 and our dinner reservations were for 7:30. No one else followed up with us on this or apologized from management. Another perk we get is a $100 credit for food and beverage. We have stayed at other places like the Ritz that allow you to use the credit for any purchase charged to the room. in fact some specifically say for SPA services. When I asked for the $100 credit to go towards our $260 SPA services instead, she just quickly said, "No it's only for food and beverage." I asked for them to check if an exception could be made and she again said no without checking with management. So we went to the bar later and used it there, but it would have been just to have it as a credit for the service that we actually used. When we checked out I explained the bag mishap and she said she was sorry but did not offer to notify the manager or offer any credit. In fact, she said, "Oh I forgot to add your $22 parking fee!" Wow! I was with my wife and didn't want to make a scene but if I shouldn't have to ask for a manager in either of the 3 instances. But 1 hour to bring a bag up? We live only 20 minutes away, so in the same time it took them to bring our bag to our room, we could have driven back home, packed a new suitcase and driven back! Great hotel, great perks, great room, great food except the breakfast buffet food was cold, and great Bourbon bar, but no front desk, bellman, or manager service to speak of at a 5 star hotel. Next time we will pay $50 to $75 more and stay at the Ritz for much better service.

Room Tip: KEEP YOUR BAG, even if you have to go back to the car or hold it in the lobby while you wait for you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear cjmorrison,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.

I am truly disappointed to hear the troubles you have gone through during your stay. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and regret that this has negatively impacted your impression of our property. This is definitely not up to our standard as we always strive to provide the best guest experience and deliver world class customer care.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for only night in January 2013 and will make a point to make it longer next time! Room was in great shape and with great amenities. The bathroom was beautiful. Room service was courteous and quick. Pricey, yes it was, but when you have things to do that is the way to go. Check-in was quick and were taken up by a nice gentleman that even when he was about to leave for the day, was very nice. Check-out was also quick.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you are interested in staying in Buckhead, close to both malls and near the MARTA, this is your spot. It was upscale, clean, modern. It would be great if self parking wasn't $22/night but that seems standard for the area.
Room service was prompt and the bartender downstairs was helpful.

Augusta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Comfortable, convenient, friendly and sexy! When this hotel is available my wife and I always stay here. We like to upgrade to a "concierge" level room. Staff is beyond friendly. Location is absolutely perfect. Workout room, spa and pool are second to none. This important to us when we travel. Only criticism is pool loses sun around 3-4pm. The bar is fun and "happening". Restaurant and food service are 5 star. The whole experience is first class. Staying here is fun and sexy!

Room Tip: Pay for Concierge level upgrade. The benefits are worth it.
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've said it all before and will continue to sing this property's praises whenever I'm here. I've never been disappointed here and will always make this my #1 choice when I'm in Atlanta. The room service is needlessly pricey, but you'll find that anywhere. This is the best 4 star hotel in Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I planned a weekend to celebrate our anniversary and booked two weekend nights on the Club Level. It was our first stay at the hotel. We were told we could check in early and check out late, always a welcome benefit. The front desk was friendly and prompt and we went to our room on the 19th floor unpacked and headed upstairs to the club level for a glass of champagne. We were stunned to find out the Club Level only offered alcohol selections from 6:00pm - 8:00pm daily. As we have stayed at other hotel brand's Club or Concierge Levels our expectations were different. I met with Dana, the Club Level representative, and told her of our dilemma and showed her our reservation which listed cocktails along with the other items available to the Club Level patrons and told her that I had a made a drastic mistake thinking the amenities were worth the upgraded room price. I told her I would be willing to move off the Club Level and asked if we could change our rate to pay the non Club Level rate. She quickly offered to change our rate to the lower amount and told me that we would not need to move rooms and that we could continue our Club Level privileges. I was happily surprised and delighted and returned to our room thinking that she could have done no more for us only to have the doorbell ring with room service bearing a filled champagne bucket and champagne flutes and chocolate covered strawberries. WOW!! That was amazing customer service. Our weekend was everything we wanted it to be and we enjoyed Sunday brunch at the in house restaurant Southern Art and we highly recommend the Chicken and Waffles. Thanks, Dana, YOU ROCK!

Room Tip: If you request a room facing "Stone Mountain" as opposed to Peachtree Street, you will hav...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!