“Excellent Everything! Amazing Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Newport News, Virginia
“Excellent Everything! Amazing Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

From check-in to outrageously great accommodations, housekeeping, turn-down services, to fabulous club lounge experiences (with amazing food and drink!), the stay was wonderful. I cannot wait to return!!!! The bar, Bourbons, was excellent as was the lobby live jazz Friday and Saturday evenings. Even the check-out and were easy and pleasant!

Room Tip: Higher floor is better!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

1,150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

stayed here on feb 8 2013.

The rooms and hotel were just georgous and full of cheerfull workers.

Get room 1423 perfect views!

Only bad thing is the pool, and outdoor spa tub closes very early, and for 5 diamond hotels needs to be open longer. The parking is overpriced, needs to be 15 self park and 25 valet. it's 32 for valet little high.

Room Tip: get room 1423
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Statesville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel for the chain as they expand across the US. This one is in an excellent location for access to Atlanta and points north of the city. Rooms are very comfortable and well appointed - I'd love to buy a bed like they have; never seen my wife sleep so soundly! Well appointed and within walkable distance to many fine resturants like The Palm.

I always try to stay here when in the city - always treated well and the staff is very attentive and helpful should you need anything. Like most Intercontinentals, they really make you feel at home and welcome.

If you are an ICH Ambassador, they will do their best in upgrading you.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best for views!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

love this hotel but first of all tv the pits remote did not work good , no movie to buy, tub did not drain had to call engineer to fix that. Maid service did not come until 230 pm. The last was when sitting in lobby I had to go up to bar 3 times to see where was my drink to be served was . Bartenders need brushing up I was paying them they where not paying me. The bar staff needs some first class training . This is not a good old pub. The ritz is down the street they have better device.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I live in the out skirts of Atlanta and decided to have a weekend get-a-way in Buckhead. We got the InterContinental at a great price and had a fabulous stay. Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and welcoming. The rooms have recently been renovated and are beautiful. The bar in the lobby is a happening place and has live music on the weekends. The shuttle service is also great. They will take you anywhere you want for a night out. We could not have chosen a better hotel (and we've stayed at many in Buckhead).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The service from valet, check in to check out was suburb! Brielle, Nicolas and Andrew were helpful and knowledgeable. I loved the atmosphere and the view from the Platinum Club was very nice and I really enjoyed holding my meetings there the snacks and drinks were perfect. Best continental breakfast ever! I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else while in Atlanta.

Thank you and hats off to the Intercontinental Buckhead for a job well done! You really know how to give good old fashioned customer service which seems to be a dying art. I

• Stayed February 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

So we arrived at the hotel at 5pm on a Saturday night. Self parking is on the side of the hotel. The top floor is all valet so you have to go down a level to park -- the spots are tight but as long as you are not driving a Hummer should be able to park ok. An elevator ride up to the lobby brought us to the front desk. Check in was fine - given a parking card to use for in-out rights for the car. $22/day.
When we got to the room they had given us a corner room as requested. The room had a large tub and a stall shower. The bed was comfortable but even at 65F the room was warm and would not really cool below that. It was 29F outside so I guess heat was the only option and maybe could have done better if we just shut the a/c system off. Didn't think to try that.
The next morning we left for the day at 7am and returned at 6pm -- our room had not been touched - the bed was unmade and the towels still on the floor -- this was super bowl sunday now and the hotel was almost empty. No excuse for not having our room cleaned. We did not have the do not disturb sign on the door.
The biggest complaint we had was the hot water. It literally took 7 minutes for hot water to reach the shower. We wasted so much water waiting for it to warm up -- felt guilty wasting that much water. The tub heated almost instantly -- but not the shower -- once it finally got warm there was plenty of hot water. This happened every time we tried to shower.
Upon inspection of the room -- our hair dryer was caked with dust and hairs -- the toilet seat was broken underneath so it moved all around.
There is a computer you can use to print a boarding pass for free in the lobby area which worked well -- other than that you have to pay to use the internet. Even at Holiday Inn express it is free.
There are a lot of Holiday Inn elements in the room that made me wonder why I was paying such a high price for cheap stuff.
At check out there was no way to check out on the TV. So we called and they checked us out on the phone. When I got home I didn't have an e-mailed receipt so I called - they told me I had to sign a release before I could get a receipt. What. They had my e-mail address from the reservation I made online. It was a complete waste of my time and a hassle I didn't care to deal with and would not expect from a concierge driven hotel.
I would probably look elsewhere to spend my $240 a night the next time I stay in Atlanta.

Room Tip: Maybe room closer to the center of the hotel would get hot water quicker than the corner rooms?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!