“Perfect Night” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
“Perfect Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Recently, I had some people in town on business and we all opted to stay in Buckhead for 1 night. We ended up at the InterContinental in Buckhead and it was fabulous. The location is perfect and near so many things depending on what you like to do. It is all right there so there is no reason to worry about venturing off too far. The room I received was very nice and spacious and the bed was awesome. But what we found downstairs was the Bourbon Bar and a Ham Bar and it was fabulous. The bartenders were extremely knowledgable and made great cocktails. It was something to experience and I have to say overall it was a great night that my clients truly enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is nice, but if I'm already paying top dollar to stay here, I shouldn't be overcharged for everything else. By this I mean the food, but mostly the parking. They told me multiple times that I would be charged $22 for self parking ($32 for valet). However, I was very surprised when I checked out and my card was charged $44, as I had paid cash for everything but parking. Upon calling the hotel, I was informed that parking was $22 per day. We booked the hotel for two nights but actually only stayed there for one night. In addition, upon checking in, I paid $8 to park, on top of the $44 that was charged to my card. This is not only ridiculous, but they did not ever tell us that it was $22 PER DAY. Every time they mentioned it, they said, ''You will be charged $22 for parking.'' Not once did they ever say 'per day.' I am not pleased.

• Stayed January 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice until the end when we had to deal with the rude persian guy who I think was the manager. He needs to learn how to interact with people. Other than that it was nice. The rest of the staff were hospitable. Food was pretty good as well.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear 95traveller,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected by your experience with our staff. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jones Hill QLD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Atlanta for one night only in October. We stayed in a King Executive Club room and found it to be good value for money. The room was spacious and clean with a good level of amenities. Windows on two sides of the room made it seem very open and airy. The bed was very comfortable, included breakfast was pleasant, the public areas very attractive. Service was good. I love the IC brand and stayed in several other IC hotels on this trip. There was nothing wrong at all with this hotel and the pricepoint was very good for this standard, but I just didn't feel the same WOW factor that I do in other IC hotels. It was a very busy night with a wedding and some large groups which made the Club Floor quite busy and noisy - that could have influenced my experience. All in all, a very nice hotel and I would certainly return to give it another try if in the area.

Room Tip: Club Floor rooms are always my pick as the extras are appreciated.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting recently. The public areas and rooms are very nice. They have designed the rooms so that you get sort of a corner view even if you're not on the corner. The TV is huge. I didn't measure it but it's either 42" or 46". The staff was excellent. The Buckhead area itself is filled with lots of restaurants and stores. One of the unique features of the hotel is their bourbon bar, which has a huge selection of bourbons, both wheated and rye. There are a few downsides to the hotel though, which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. The restaurant, Southern Art, is supposed to be an awarding winning restaurant, but I found the selections to be rather limited and overpriced for what you're getting. $22 for fried chicken?! Not even Thomas Keller charges that much. The other drawback of this hotel is that it's not really w/in walking distance of the shopping mall, whereas the Ritz Carlton is. Finally, I was a bit disappointed at the food during our meetings. The IC in SF served much more imaginative and better prepared meals. But all in all this is still a great hotel in a great neighborhood.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just ended another great stay in Atlanta. The Intercontinental is awesome, as always.

Great staff, great rooms, great location. No Four Seasons for me anymore, i really prefer the Intercontinental!

The only thing that bothered me was that the 21st floor is no longer 'locked off' in the elevator, and the weekend had the CLub filled with guests that didnt belong. It was a zoo. I heard them talking about 'sneaking in' and watch one guest bring in about 7 others. Tragic waste.

The staff is so friendly, and everything else is just perfect! :)

I will be back!

Room Tip: I would upgrade to the Club level, if available. Stay away from the rooms right next to the Club (2...
hilton head island sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family and I stay at the Intercontinental Buckhead several times a year. I took a friend recently and stayed for market week this January. Every time I stay at this hotel one thing is always a constant,.. excellent service. The absolute best service is always found in the club level lounge.
Nesib is namely responsible for the majority of my praise! He always remembers us & is more attentive then anyone I have ever encountered. He is wonderful! He always is extremely helpful and professional. He treats all of his customers as family and goes above and beyond! When attending Market and working all day, returning to a welcoming hotel and being spoiled and
pampered by a caring and attentive customer service specialist like Nesib , i think i would always
choose to return to this hotel. He made us comfortable and remembered everything from our drink preferences to things that might be appreciated on a nightly basis. He treated us as if we
were the only guests while just as professional & attentive to a whole room full of guests at the same time, doing so effortlessly! The IC is a nice property in a convenient location with
great rooms & appointments. What makes this a real 4 star property is the service from
professionals like Nesib! I am grateful to have a hotel like this to call home when visiting Atlanta!
Southern Hospitality At it's best!
Kate Myers

Room Tip: So many perks and extras with the priority Club it's more then worth it to join!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!