We had to leave a not-so-great Atlanta B&B (roaches) and were at the same time coming down with the flu! We booked this place. A complete success!
We are a couple with an eleven year old son. Dad and son came down with the flu that day. Temperatures were high and patience was low.
1. Service: At the Intercontintal Buckhead, they mean service. When you pull up in your rental, the doorman knows the weird location of the trunk release you have yet to figure out. Then Elena at reception upgrades your sick family to a nicer room. And finally when the Head Bellman delivers your luggage, his kindness and insistence on providing help during your stay make you feel like everything is going to be alright, with or without Tylenol... In fact if you want to go shopping next door at the excellent Lenox Mall, the Bellman offers you the number of a driver to take you there or elsewhere at no charge. useful if you come back from Lenox Mall weighed down with all of your shopping. Kindness.
2. The Room: absolutely spot-on clean. And the pillows. Every type possible. Laid flat on the bed, the pillows covered the entire bed, completely - like an extra mattress - too many actually. Very clean bathroom, nice travertine and granite shower.
1. The only thing is that other than Lenox Mall or business in the area, there is no real reason to stay here. It is a bit soul-less.
2. Wifi: not free is NOT cool. In the 21st century, pay wifi is inexcusable.
Conclusion: An excellent choice for high quality hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Atlanta's prestigious Buckhead district, InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta offers stylish, upscale amenities in an inviting atmosphere with true Southern charm. All 422 elegant guest rooms feature 47" flat screen HDTVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, marble baths with separate shower and soaking tubs, pillow-top bedding, minibar, and complimentary use of the 24/7 Fitness Center overlooking famed Peachtree Road. Club InterContinental guest rooms also include private access to the fully staffed Club InterContinental Lounge with complimentary breakfast, snacks, and beverages. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith, InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta's on site restaurant, Southern Art, offers Southern-inspired cuisine and cocktails in a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. Alongside Southern Art, Bourbon Bar is the award winning bourbon-centric bar and lounge featuring more than 70 varieties of bourbon, including exclusive private label barrels from acclaimed distillers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Intercontinental Atlanta