“Lovely Place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Bethesda, Maryland
“Lovely Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went to Atlanta for a convention at the Buckhead Intercontinental. Been to one convention hotel, been to them all. Not necessarily.... I have forgotten how lovely and well-appointed the Intercontinental hotels can be! Spacious, nice colors, furniture, bath products, well stocked mini bar and immaculate. The choice of restaurants and menus are terrific in the Buckhead hotel. Not having looked at the hotel at all prior to the mandatory convention over a weekend no less, I was absolutely delighted that Southern Art was situated within! Southern Art is the restaurant with the popular chef (Top Chef Master!!!) Art Smith. Yea baby!!!!! Yes, I ate there as often as I could including Sunday afternoon prior to departing.

The staff was incredible. The parking staff are so congenial and prompt. What a pleasure to be pampered again. How refreshing!

Location is PERFECT!!! Metro stop almost 1 block away. Snuck off to the High Museum. I am not a shopper but the nice stores are plentiful right nearby. I want to come back fer sure y'all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for such a fantastic review! We know having to travel for work can be exhausting and we like to ensure that even business trips feel a little bit like a vacation. We are extremely privileged to have such a wonderful restaurant and bar on property; we love that guests can enjoy a first class meal and hand crafted cocktails without ever needing to leave the hotel. Should you decide to explore the area, please take advantage of our complimentary car service that will take you within a two mile radius. It is the perfect way to try a new restaurant or shop hassle free!

1,130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here several times and have always had a great experience. The restaurant is very good with great service and delicious food. Had a spa day. Enjoyed the message very much. The pool was closed at the time, which was a bummer. Will always stay here when in Atlanta. Great place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel; I am so pleased we continue to impress you with every stay. A wonderful massage and satisfying meal sounds like as close to a perfect day as I can imagine! Make sure to visit our restaurant and bar during every stay; we update our menu and cocktails through the seasons so you can always find a new favorite.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Celebrating birthday, and stayed at hotel for the evening. My husband is Priority Club Platinum Elite member so we exclusively stay at member hotels. This location is close to shopping and several nice restaurants. Staff at front desk make you feel very welcome. I returned to the hotel after dinner and had a few drinks at the Bourbon Bar service, again the service was spot-on and the drinks and homemade chips were A+. The room accommodations were exceptional!! I have only one complaint, my husband and I were looking forward to enjoying a movie when we returned to the room. I spent almost 20 minutes attempting to purchase a movie (the directory of services in the room indicated in-room movies were available), when I had no success I contacted the front desk for assistance. I was informed that the hotel no longer offered movies for purchase. I was disappointed and a little frustrated that the in room hotel guide was misleading.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for spending your special occasion with us and for being such a devoted Priority Club member. I am very glad you were welcomed so warmly from the beginning of your stay and the exceptional service continued right until the end! I also appreciate your honest feedback. We recognize feedback as a gift, and if it were not for loyal guests such as you helping us out we could never learn where we need to improve. Instead of in-room movies, we have opted to offer over 15 HD movie channels, and I hope you found something to your liking from this selection. We will certainly ensure to review all our hotel guides to avoid this mistake in the future!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stuffy, but a very nice intercontinental. I prefer the more modern locations, but this was satisfactory. Could use a higher end coffee system in the rooms. Would stay here again if in the area. The room was a little smaller than I expected for Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are glad to be your preferred hotel for your visits to Atlanta. We like to think we have the perfect mix of old school Southern charm and hospitality with all the modern conveniences you could ask for. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
auburnyellowrose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stopped over at the ICBA after a family funeral. Needless to say, the staff were courtesous and polite. I checked in with my toddler son on my hip and the check-in staff were engaging asking his name, handing him a coloring book and crayons. The Bell Captain gave me the low down on the property - only 8 years old, 24 hour fitness center, great spa, an excellent bourbon bar (will do next time), and fabulous accomdations. Let me say that I could live in the bathroom - spa tub, great shower, and fabulous scents. My kids loved playing while the husband got to decompress in front of a huge flat screen. Shame we couldn't stay longer but it was a nice stopover place.

We will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We are so glad we could make a difficult occasion a little more comfortable for your family. I am proud to work for a hotel with such dedicated and caring staff. Your review was music to my ears. Please come back again any time; we would love to continue to impress you!

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Was here on business and had an awesome time. Top-notch service during the entire stay beginning with the Bell Staff. They make you feel so welcome, always call you by name and take great care of you. Make sure you visit the Bourbon Bar for one of their custom cocktails and homemade chips and check out the Ham Bar at Southern Art, wow. The car service is a nice convenience and the drivers are excellent. The room was immaculate and loved the separate tub and shower. Bed was super comfortable. I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
So pleased we could make your business trip feel just a little bit like a vacation! I know having to travel for work can be draining, and I am pleased our staff made such an effort to take care of you! We are vey lucky to have such a unique bar and restaurant; glad you found some time to take advantage. Please come again and experience even more of what we have to offer; our spa and fitness center is also top notch!

Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you're a regular Joe, this hotel really only has one thing going for it: location. It is in a great location that is convenient to so many Buckhead spots.
Pros:
Close to great restaurants and fun attractions
Easy to navigate in/out of property--easy self-parking
Separate marble tile shower and bath tub

Cons:
Expensive. It seems like the minimum price for any food item on the menu is $18. A small pot of coffee from room service was $12, and a Coke was $6. Wow. Hope you're traveling on an expense account.
Not as attentive to detail as you'd expect. This is a 4-star property in the main entertainment and tourist district of Atlanta. Yet you find dusty artifacts, grungy furniture and shabby towels/linens in the rooms. At least that is how it was in my room on the 12th floor. (To their credit, when asked how my stay was, I brought this to the attention of the front desk rep at check-out, and was given an apology.)
Chintzy soap/shampoo/lotion. It's from Sysco. The same company that sells bulk foodservice items--not what I expected here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry to hear you did not feel your experience was up to par. We strive to pay attention to every detail of the hotel and ensure everything is impeccable for ours guests. Clearly we needed to put more work into your room. I feel that it is our exemplary service and wonderful, genuine staff which sets us apart from the competition. I hope the colleagues you encountered, along with our fabulous location, wins you back to the InterContinental Buckhead for another try.

Patrick

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!