“Nice respite after an emotial journey...” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 176 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
auburnyellowrose
“Nice respite after an emotial journey...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stopped over at the ICBA after a family funeral. Needless to say, the staff were courtesous and polite. I checked in with my toddler son on my hip and the check-in staff were engaging asking his name, handing him a coloring book and crayons. The Bell Captain gave me the low down on the property - only 8 years old, 24 hour fitness center, great spa, an excellent bourbon bar (will do next time), and fabulous accomdations. Let me say that I could live in the bathroom - spa tub, great shower, and fabulous scents. My kids loved playing while the husband got to decompress in front of a huge flat screen. Shame we couldn't stay longer but it was a nice stopover place.

We will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We are so glad we could make a difficult occasion a little more comfortable for your family. I am proud to work for a hotel with such dedicated and caring staff. Your review was music to my ears. Please come back again any time; we would love to continue to impress you!

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Was here on business and had an awesome time. Top-notch service during the entire stay beginning with the Bell Staff. They make you feel so welcome, always call you by name and take great care of you. Make sure you visit the Bourbon Bar for one of their custom cocktails and homemade chips and check out the Ham Bar at Southern Art, wow. The car service is a nice convenience and the drivers are excellent. The room was immaculate and loved the separate tub and shower. Bed was super comfortable. I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
So pleased we could make your business trip feel just a little bit like a vacation! I know having to travel for work can be draining, and I am pleased our staff made such an effort to take care of you! We are vey lucky to have such a unique bar and restaurant; glad you found some time to take advantage. Please come again and experience even more of what we have to offer; our spa and fitness center is also top notch!

Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The intercontinental is located on Peachtree road very close to the Mall.The whole experience was very good.The check in process was smooth with friendly staff. The Concierge was able to give us very good dining choices. The in house restaurant Southern Art served up some great foot. The Bourbon Bar had the best selection of rare bourbons . The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
It is so important to us that our guests feel we are their “home away from home”; I am pleased we could convey this feeling to you. I am glad you took advantage of our wonderful dining options, and you found them as outstanding as I do. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had to pick up a piece of furniture in Atlanta on Friday and spent Friday night at the InterContinental Buckhead. We were greeted at the reception desk by the very friendly staff and that friendly atmosphere continued for the stay. The rooms were extremely comfortable, the room service was quick and the pizza was delicious. The stay could not have been any better. Thank you Intercontinental, we look forward to another wonderful stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

From the ease of getting there on MARTA from the airport, to the quick check-out, this was a great experience. I was there for a meeting, and had lunch prepared for 500. It was also very good. Rooms were very quiet. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you as well for such a wonderful review! I am so glad we could turn an ordinary errand into something memorable. Nothing is better than being greeted with a smile and a good meal! We hope to see you many more times in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

You really can't go wrong with an IC hotel in any city, this one is no exception. Great location in Buckhead within walking distance of Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza, close to many wonderful restaurants. The extra amenities offered by the club (concierge) floor are well worth the extra $$.
The southern style restaurant is unique, but I do miss the original French restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Your recommendation is very much appreciated. I am so glad we could make your stay seamless and stress-free, and that your meetings went off without a hitch!

Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I went for a girls night out on the town for my birthday and was not disappointed. I only wish we could have made it a whole weekend. I loved that it had a separate walk in shower from the garden bath. I was spoiled! Really nice, helpful people except one of the bartenders was abrupt and the waiter the next morning was a little disorganized. Room service was very good, but price was very expensive. I would definitely want to visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am proud to hear of your high opinion of the InterContinental brand and even more proud that the InterContinental Buckhead met and exceeded these standards. We are very lucky to have such a fantastic Club Lounge for our guests to enjoy, and, like yourself, feel that it adds a little something extra to any stay!