“Wonderful Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Katy, Texas
“Wonderful Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I went for a girls night out on the town for my birthday and was not disappointed. I only wish we could have made it a whole weekend. I loved that it had a separate walk in shower from the garden bath. I was spoiled! Really nice, helpful people except one of the bartenders was abrupt and the waiter the next morning was a little disorganized. Room service was very good, but price was very expensive. I would definitely want to visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
I am proud to hear of your high opinion of the InterContinental brand and even more proud that the InterContinental Buckhead met and exceeded these standards. We are very lucky to have such a fantastic Club Lounge for our guests to enjoy, and, like yourself, feel that it adds a little something extra to any stay!

Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We live north of Atlanta and decided to stay here on a Saturday night to enjoy some of the places that we like to go in the Buckhead area. This is the best hotel in the Buckhead area in our opinion. The hotel is decorated beautifully with very chic colors and attention to every detail. The room we stayed in had 2 double beds on the 20th floor. We had a great view. All of the decor is top notch. Beautiful colors of all all the fabrics, carpet, artwork, tile, etc. Super comfortable beds! Nice desk area for business travelers. Large flat panel television. Plenty of storage, safe in closet, and places to store all of your travel items. The bathroom has glossy cream colored tile floors, with a black granite sink and countertop. Very well lit, roomy and luxurious. There is a huge garden tub as well as a separate shower with a glass door. Super modern and extremely clean. There is a great little cocktail lounge in the lobby as well. Also a little shop downstairs for travel needs and Atlanta souvenirs. We chose to valet our car and it was around $30. I believe that to self park it is $22. The hotel is in walking distance to lots of different restaurants, bars, coffee shops, as well as to Lenox Mall.
One more thing! I stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead about 6 months ago; it is very nice, don't get me wrong! But in all honesty, I like the Intercontinental the best between the two! (Go have a drink in the lobby bar at the Ritz! It's across the street from Lenox Mall!)
We will definitely stay at the Intercontinental again the next time we are in Buckhead!

Room Tip: Higher floors have good city views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making us your new hotel of choice. It sounds like you have a keen eye for detail and were impressed with everything you saw. We certainly aspire to be the best and are honored when guests recognize us as such. So glad that all the small details of our hotel and the service we provide added up to be one perfect stay!

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Such a great property. So great to simply jump on MARTA from the airport practically to the front door. Great breakfast in the hotel too. I had a steam valve making noise right outside my door and woke me at 5am. They made an accommodation immediately and appropriately. Great staff and all friendly too. Loved it!

• Stayed November 2012
Our centralized location, wonderful restaurant, and superb staff are just some of the reasons I love working here! I am glad we could impress you with all we have to offer, and that we handled your issue professionally and quickly. We can’t wait for you to come back!

Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed there for a girls' weekend. The front desk staff is very arrogant and snooty. Rooms are above average, clean and comfortable, the bathrooms are beautiful, however the soaps and shampoos are those of a two star motel.Housekeeping had forgotten to replenish towels, it took me one hour and two calls to the front desk to get the towels. Someone had left a cup from a fast food restaurant on a table in a hallway near the elevators, It stayed there for three days! Kind of sad for a hotel in that price range. All in all, the hotel is ok, the staff too snooty to actually give great service. Military is not respected there. It was Veteran's Day and they refused a discount! Disappointing yet not unexpected.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 9th story for maximum view facing Peachtree.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We wish we could have made your stay as special as we make it for so many of our guests. Agrarria are the bathroom amenities we just changed to and they are from a boutique shop in San Francisco - smells, flavors and colors preference are thankfully not the same for everyone! SO glad you enjoyed the recently renovated guest rooms.

Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here recently for the second time this year. I continue to be impressed by the quality of the accommodations and the service. To start with the service, personnel will consistently be friendly and address you by name. I used room service and not only was the pasta delivered in the promised 20 minutes, it was also very fresh and hot.

The rooms are very nice. I like the separate walk in shower and the soaking tub. Beds are comfortable with down covers.

The location is right smack in the middle of Buckhead, very close to Marta (the metro). I always take the metro over there from the airport, quicker and cheaper than a cab. It's also right next to 2 shopping malls, Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. Lots of restaurants with in walking distance as well.

Room Tip: Higher level room for view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful review! We pride ourselves on our Southern Hospitality here at the hotel and always want to make our guest feel like they are at home. Buckhead and the hotel are centrally located and on one of the many beautiful Georgia days you can walk to most everything from the hotel. Thank you again for being our guest and I hope to have you back in the very near future.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If your staying in Buckhead this is the plce to stay! Friendly staff, beautiful hotel inside and out and very close to the subway and resturants. I felt very safe in the hotel and on the streets in the area. The Bourbon bar is a fun place to spend some time and the resturant is known for its Red Velvet cake - which is the best I have ever had. This is just a very unique place and lots of fun is close by.

Room Tip: Rooms on the area away from the street are best. If you are flying in use the MAARTA subway straight...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
“Best Hotel in Buckhead” has a nice ring to it J. Buckhead is a very safe, pedestrian friendly area which makes vacationing easier for our guests. I’m happy that we made such a wonderful impression on you while you were in town. Red Velvet cakes... our pastry chef has produced over 50 cakes so far for customers to take home for Thanksgiving!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I met in Atlanta for a girl's getaway weekend, and I never expected the highlight of the weekend to be the hotel! The hotel is beautiful, the room was clean and spacious, but the real highlight was the staff! I have never stayed at a hotel where everyone was so attentive and keen on making a vacation perfect.
The drivers, Jason and John, were wonderful and always available to drop us at whatever destination. The concierge, Richard, is the BEST concierge I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He suggested delicious restaurants, and even arranged our reservations for us. Richard never led us astray and made sure we were well taken care of at every place we dined. I would return to the hotel solely for his service!
I am returning to the hotel soon for another stay and could not be more excited! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business, pleasure, with family or without- it is a real treat!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
It brings a smile to my face to read that your girls weekend was wonderful and to know that we were a part of making it such a perfect weekend is icing on the cake. We work hard every day to make sure that every guest that walks through our doors has a positive and memorable experience. Richard is a great employee and does an amazing job in his position as head concierge. Jason and John are also among our many stars. We look forward to your return, Enjoy!!

-Patrick

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!