“Best Hotel in Buckhead” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Illinois
“Best Hotel in Buckhead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

If your staying in Buckhead this is the plce to stay! Friendly staff, beautiful hotel inside and out and very close to the subway and resturants. I felt very safe in the hotel and on the streets in the area. The Bourbon bar is a fun place to spend some time and the resturant is known for its Red Velvet cake - which is the best I have ever had. This is just a very unique place and lots of fun is close by.

Room Tip: Rooms on the area away from the street are best. If you are flying in use the MAARTA subway straight...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
“Best Hotel in Buckhead” has a nice ring to it J. Buckhead is a very safe, pedestrian friendly area which makes vacationing easier for our guests. I’m happy that we made such a wonderful impression on you while you were in town. Red Velvet cakes... our pastry chef has produced over 50 cakes so far for customers to take home for Thanksgiving!

-Patrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I met in Atlanta for a girl's getaway weekend, and I never expected the highlight of the weekend to be the hotel! The hotel is beautiful, the room was clean and spacious, but the real highlight was the staff! I have never stayed at a hotel where everyone was so attentive and keen on making a vacation perfect.
The drivers, Jason and John, were wonderful and always available to drop us at whatever destination. The concierge, Richard, is the BEST concierge I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He suggested delicious restaurants, and even arranged our reservations for us. Richard never led us astray and made sure we were well taken care of at every place we dined. I would return to the hotel solely for his service!
I am returning to the hotel soon for another stay and could not be more excited! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on business, pleasure, with family or without- it is a real treat!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
It brings a smile to my face to read that your girls weekend was wonderful and to know that we were a part of making it such a perfect weekend is icing on the cake. We work hard every day to make sure that every guest that walks through our doors has a positive and memorable experience. Richard is a great employee and does an amazing job in his position as head concierge. Jason and John are also among our many stars. We look forward to your return, Enjoy!!

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the InterContinental Atlanta on a Monday and Tuesday night. The staff was friendly and very helpful. In fact, for a large hotel chain the service was wonderful. Our room was lovely. We stayed in a corner room on the 16th floor. The room and bath were spacious, quiet and comfortable. There was an ihome iphone charger beside the bed which was helpful since I forgot my charger at home. I would stay here again when I visit Atlanta.

Room Tip: Room 1605, a corner room on the 16th floor, was very large and quiet. Bath has a large floating tub...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and everything the hotel has to offer. It is always hard to remember everything to bring with you when you go out of town. We thought ahead for our travelers when we decided to place the ihome system in the room hoping that it would help if a guest did forget their charger. I’m glad it came in handy for you. We can’t wait for you to come back and visit.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just returned from a two night stay, everything is first rate at this hotel, the room was spotless, recently renovated, with a great bathroom (seperate tub & shower), I did eat room service and had a meal at the bar, and honestly was not crazy about the food, the menu was very unusual, they had a "ham Bar" where they served people cuts of ham on a cutting board, however eveyone was eating the ham with their fingers, kind of funny to watch, just a strange menu option in my opinion. I had the pork sliders which were not very good, however the drinks at the bar were great. Other than that everything else at the hotel was five star, parking is expensive at $22 a day, but that is to be expected in Atlanta. If you are thinking about booking this hotel check online, rates were lower than what the hotel quoted, I think the normal rate during the week is over $300 a night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
First I would like to say thank you for taking the time to post a review. I’m happy that the recently renovated hotel and guestroom were to your satisfaction. I’m sorry to hear that you did not care for the food options. It is very important to us to give the guest an experience of the region they are visiting. Our food options are revolved around local farm to table produce from the South. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference and found their service to be outstanding from the time I arrived on the sidewalk until I left. This includes the guys out front, the front desk, the banquet staff, the restaurang staff, and every single employee you passed. The Southern Art restaurant served delicious food, locals should go there often!

• Stayed November 2012
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to recognize the service received. I am delighted that you enjoyed your interaction with the staff for they are who make this hotel what it is. A great meal is part of a great stay - so glad you enjoyed local flavors while visiting the South - we truly want our guests to go home feeling like they experienced Atlanta and the South and not just stayed in another hotel. BTW - if you have a craving for Southern food, do try our sister restaurant in DC which I believe is not too far from your home - Art & Soul!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I may be biased, but I love this hotel. I discovered it 6 years ago while in town for an interview and I have never chosen to stay at another Atlanta hotel. Full disclosure - I have not tried any of the amenities. What I love are the rooms. The bathrooms are marble and huge. The rooms are decorated, as another reviewer noted, like home. I've also received good service at this hotel, though I have not been a needy guest. The most consistent interaction I've had with staff is valet, where I have never had a problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
6 years of coming here - we are very lucky to have such a loyal guest. The 4 fixture bathrooms (separate shower from bathtub) are a feature enjoyed by most of our guests. While it seems like a cliche to say your home away from home, this has always been our goal. The staff are free to do whatever it takes to ensure an enjoyable stay and this is also reflected in the renovation we just went through. We choose homely furniture for the lobby and guest rooms were decorated with features to help make you feel cozy and "at home" Thanks for the review and most of all for enjoying the hotel time after time.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was here again last week--could not get back home east from western U. S. and thought it best to fly into Atlanta and try PHL. Stayed for 2 nights here and found the staff hospitable and kind and the service tops as always. One note to share with management: joined Ambassador again this year and it seems that the first time you are always promised the world, but afterward, the subsequent stays are not rewarded or recognized according to this status. Upon check in, we were acknowledged and upgraded room (which was good). No amenity though....a little disappointing to travelers who were displaced by Superstorm Sandy. Everyone has an off day though, so we don't hold it against them. Hopefully, next time will be better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Before anything on behalf of the entire staff, I hope you and your beloved ones are safe. We are so saddened by the consequences of what mother nature threw to the NE. Ambassador members are entitled to numerous benefits and I apologize that those were not received. You are too kind to give us a break. DO let us know next time you are coming our way so we can make up for it. Appreciate your kind words and constructive feedback.

-Patrick

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!