“A Top Hotel in Atlanta” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, GA
“A Top Hotel in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I just returned from a two night stay, everything is first rate at this hotel, the room was spotless, recently renovated, with a great bathroom (seperate tub & shower), I did eat room service and had a meal at the bar, and honestly was not crazy about the food, the menu was very unusual, they had a "ham Bar" where they served people cuts of ham on a cutting board, however eveyone was eating the ham with their fingers, kind of funny to watch, just a strange menu option in my opinion. I had the pork sliders which were not very good, however the drinks at the bar were great. Other than that everything else at the hotel was five star, parking is expensive at $22 a day, but that is to be expected in Atlanta. If you are thinking about booking this hotel check online, rates were lower than what the hotel quoted, I think the normal rate during the week is over $300 a night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
First I would like to say thank you for taking the time to post a review. I’m happy that the recently renovated hotel and guestroom were to your satisfaction. I’m sorry to hear that you did not care for the food options. It is very important to us to give the guest an experience of the region they are visiting. Our food options are revolved around local farm to table produce from the South. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

1,158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference and found their service to be outstanding from the time I arrived on the sidewalk until I left. This includes the guys out front, the front desk, the banquet staff, the restaurang staff, and every single employee you passed. The Southern Art restaurant served delicious food, locals should go there often!

• Stayed November 2012
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to recognize the service received. I am delighted that you enjoyed your interaction with the staff for they are who make this hotel what it is. A great meal is part of a great stay - so glad you enjoyed local flavors while visiting the South - we truly want our guests to go home feeling like they experienced Atlanta and the South and not just stayed in another hotel. BTW - if you have a craving for Southern food, do try our sister restaurant in DC which I believe is not too far from your home - Art & Soul!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I may be biased, but I love this hotel. I discovered it 6 years ago while in town for an interview and I have never chosen to stay at another Atlanta hotel. Full disclosure - I have not tried any of the amenities. What I love are the rooms. The bathrooms are marble and huge. The rooms are decorated, as another reviewer noted, like home. I've also received good service at this hotel, though I have not been a needy guest. The most consistent interaction I've had with staff is valet, where I have never had a problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
6 years of coming here - we are very lucky to have such a loyal guest. The 4 fixture bathrooms (separate shower from bathtub) are a feature enjoyed by most of our guests. While it seems like a cliche to say your home away from home, this has always been our goal. The staff are free to do whatever it takes to ensure an enjoyable stay and this is also reflected in the renovation we just went through. We choose homely furniture for the lobby and guest rooms were decorated with features to help make you feel cozy and "at home" Thanks for the review and most of all for enjoying the hotel time after time.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was here again last week--could not get back home east from western U. S. and thought it best to fly into Atlanta and try PHL. Stayed for 2 nights here and found the staff hospitable and kind and the service tops as always. One note to share with management: joined Ambassador again this year and it seems that the first time you are always promised the world, but afterward, the subsequent stays are not rewarded or recognized according to this status. Upon check in, we were acknowledged and upgraded room (which was good). No amenity though....a little disappointing to travelers who were displaced by Superstorm Sandy. Everyone has an off day though, so we don't hold it against them. Hopefully, next time will be better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Before anything on behalf of the entire staff, I hope you and your beloved ones are safe. We are so saddened by the consequences of what mother nature threw to the NE. Ambassador members are entitled to numerous benefits and I apologize that those were not received. You are too kind to give us a break. DO let us know next time you are coming our way so we can make up for it. Appreciate your kind words and constructive feedback.

atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very elegant decor. Door service guys were extremely helpful. Front desk very courteous since I was staying a few days they granted me a key card for the self parking($22 for 24hrs). I didnt like the decor behind the front desk area a lil cheezy with the spray paint or what looks to be spray painted decor. But I didnt stay for the wall decor. Live music on Friday and Saturday was very nice change. Bar area was nosey on friday and saturday but it was the weekend and it was big game weekend(Falcons vs Cowboys). However, it was very quiet on sunday during the game. Please order the Pork Sliders(my first experience) and Moscow Mule(loved it). Nothing to complain about...stayed on the 18th floor and what a view of the Buckhead area skyline. Had a hangover on Saturday morning so I went to the lobby store WOW $12.99 for ALEVE...dont think so settled for a BC, coke and energy bar and went back to bed. Sleeping quarters were comfy and spacious for 1.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
In 2012 we went through a complete hotel renovation - it is good to know that you and other guests find the new décor so beautiful and enjoy it as much as we do. The silver plated birds and branches behind the reception area are part of the seasons and nature theme throughout the hotel. Decoration, tastes and colors are what make this a great world - it would be boring if we all liked the same styles! Our bar area is definitely fun during football season. The guests really enjoy drinking bourbon, eating southern appetizers and watching the games. It sounds like you had a fun stay yourself and we hope you will return and enjoy more good times.

Omaha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are very nice (as they should be for $280 a night in the Atlanta burbs), but there is no free Internet anywhere in the hotel. Ok fine, make me pay $15 per day for wifi in the room, but at least have it available in the lobby! Nope, gotta pay $15 per day. Well, I'll just use the "office center" to do a couple quick things. Nope, you have to pay for that too. $3 for the first 6 minutes and 50 cents a min after that. Really? For hotel guests? So if you need Internet access, plan to add that cost in. And don't even think about getting room service. I'm used to paying a premium for room service, but $14 for a scoop (one scoop) of raspberry sorbet is a bit extreme.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. The traffic outside is surprisingly loud. I used to live in a downtown STL lof...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
With us being centrally located in Buckhead on Peachtree Road in Atlanta, traffic can get a little loud at times but for the most part it stays quite. Sorry about feeling we nickel and dimed you - not our intention. For $14 for a sorbet is excessive - let me know when you are back and I will ensure that you can enjoy the same sorbet on me! The wifi really should work throughout the hotel - thanks for bringing it to our attention - we will rectify. Glad you enjoyed the room and hope your stay overall was a pleasant one. Thank you for choosing us

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I joined some long-time friends for a fun weekend in Atlanta and we were very impressed with the Intercontinental. The lobby areas are spacious and elegant and we particularly enjoyed the Bourbon Bar and the Ham bar. Great service, atmosphere and a nice regional touch.
One of our rooms was on an upper floor with a gorgeous view of downtown. The rooms are lovely and well-appointed.
Getting there on Marta is a breeze with a station across the street.
I highly recommend the Intercontinental!

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor with downtown view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sounds like it was the perfect weekend for you and your friends! “Elegant, sophisticated with Southern Flare”, sums up perfectly what we aspire to be! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to place a review on Trip Advisor and we hope you will return soon.

-Patrick

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!