“InterContinental” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“InterContinental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We booked a room at the last minute and when we arrived they were able to upgrade us to a suite. We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for your review of the InterContinental Buckhead. We are pleased we made such a wonderful first impression on you! We are happy to be your new hotel of choice for your visits to Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I spent 2 nights attending a seminar and found the Buckhead Intercontinental Hotel a bit odd; I entered through the bar and had to find my way to reception. I didn't think their entrance was grand enough for an Intercontinental. They were courteous and efficient, and the room was quite nicely appointed, esp the bathroom with a deep bathtub, marble sink and shower with see through door. However, for over $200.00 a night I would have expected at least free wi-fi or Internet. The coffee maker did not work and I had to have it replaced. The documentation in the binder was out of date if you wanted to set the alarm clock or do video checkout. The front desk person told me to follow video instructions but it didn't work. When I asked someone else at reception, I was told they no longer provided that! I was not overly impressed with the staff but the two served lunches I enjoyed were quite good, so perhaps their restaurants are worth eating in...location is only a block away from the MARTA station and a short walk (third of a mile) gets you to Lenox Shopping Mall. There are several restaurants and other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor..a higher floor away from the street might be quieter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the InterContinental Buckhead. Firstly, I am glad that several aspects of your stay were enjoyable and that you found our location convenient for your needs. However, I apologize for the miscommunication you experienced with our front office staff. We take guest feedback very seriously as it allows us to highlight areas where we need improvement. After reading your comments, we ensured to properly train all our front office colleagues on how to use the alarm clocks and alarm function on the television in an effort to make sure every guest receive flawless service. While I understand why your impression of our hotel may be tarnished given your experience, I hope you choose to give the InterContinental Buckhead another chance. I am confident you would find your next stay even more enjoyable than your last.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I am typically a Hyatt man, and usually stay across the street at the Grand Hyatt (which is a very nice hotel)....but this property has it beat.

Rooms are very comfortable, staff is great, dining is flawless. The club is wonderful.

The only thing that might be JUST a touch week is the health club. Its nice, but perhaps just a bit small. Really hard to find anything to complain about here....

The location is wondeful with the best of Buckhead outside the front door. Two Mall (lenox and Phipps Plaza) within a few minute walk, and so many dining options, theatres....everything. There is a Marta stop right outside the hotel too...if you need to get downtown or to the airport quickly.

Ive stayed here a couple of times lately...and will definatley look forward to my next trip. Love the Intercontinental Atlanta!

Room Tip: My usual recommendation is to upgrade to the Club level if possible. I also like the corner rooms...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your high praise of the InterContinental Buckhead. We are pleased that all aspects of our hotel, from the accommodations to our staff, have continually exceeded your expectations and have helped to make you one of our loyal guests! We look forward to your next visit!
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Our weekend at this hotel was perfect!! Sheri and David made it a great celebration weekend for us!! We would greatly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Buckhead area. We have stay in several different Buckhead hotels and this one by far exceeded all the others.

Troy and Sharon Dunagan

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful praise of our hotel and staff; most notable Sherri and David. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize the colleagues whose dedication helped make your weekend so memorable. Your recommendation means a great deal to us, and we are happy to be your hotel of choice in Atlanta!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nice modern hotel. Service was good particularly in the restaurant. We had a couple of really good servers at breakfasts on the two days we were here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the InterContinental Buckhead and your praise of our dining staff. All of our colleagues work diligently to ensure our guests have a memorable experience, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to recognize their dedication. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel!
Killen, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed for a meeting. Great staff. They were very helpful with a minor problem. Food was great. The room I had on the 18th floor had a great view of Stone Mountain. The workout area was adequate. Meetings areas were great. The valet was pricy ($30/day) as was wifi in the room($19/day).

Room Tip: Stay on the mountain view side...high up.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the InterContinental Buckhead; we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to learn that you found our staff so helpful and efficient in helping with whatever you needed. We hope to be your hotel of choice for any future trips to Atlanta!
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on business for 6 nights. The location of the hotel – buckhead – is very-well positioned for business travellers. Also it is not that far from couple of shopping malls, including fipp plaza, where you can find quite an extensive corner of saks. The interior of the hotel is pretty much standard intercontinental which you will find around the world. The rooms are not very spacious, just standard, but cozy. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, so if you like a good sleep, this would be definitely a deal breaker. But the reason that I rated the hotel as average was the exceptionally poor breakfasts and very low quality of the room service. Giving you a bit more flavor on my experience, I will provide you with a bit more context. On the first day I tried to eat breakfast in the restaurant and the quality of food and the selection of the food was so poor, that I decided to order the breakfasts to the room from that time on. Same day in the evening I tried to order the breakfast from the room for the next day and start to search for the order form. There was no form. So I had to call several times to the room service and ask for the form. And every, literally every day I had to call room service to bring me this form since when I was coming back from work there was NO FORM! Net, if you want to eat in the morning, you either have to settle for the poor quality food or manage the staff at your best.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the InterContinental Buckhead. We are pleased to learn that you found many aspects of your stay enjoyable; most notably, our locations and the comfort of our beds. However, I was sorry to learn of your negative dining experiences. Rest assured, this is not our standard of service or the food quality we strive to provide. Please know we take guest feedback very seriously; your comments will help us highlight areas we need to improve to ensure every guest receives impeccable service. I sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can improve upon your impression of our hotel and dining services. I am confident you would find your next stay even more enjoyable!

Been to InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!