“Do not stay there! I promise, you will be disappointed.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome to your Saves list
Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   186 Northside Drive, Atlanta, GA 30313   |
Ranked #148 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
“Do not stay there! I promise, you will be disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is my honest review. It's actually my first review I've ever done. I felt the need just in case someone was in my shoes, not knowing where to choose, and wondering what is nice. This place is awful. It looks nice on the outside, which will fool you because it's a mess in the inside. I understand they are going through renovations; however, that does not explain why there was dirt in the tub when we got there. That also doesn't explain why the curtains are uneven and there was an obvious threading in the middle where someone had cut it and sewn it back together. The room had two doors to it, it looked as if two room were joined to make a suite. The plugs were awful & unsafe. Only one side worked. The ironing board was a true joke. It was a miniature ironing board, one like you would have on a college dorm. I'm providing pictures so you can see for yourself. I'm so thankful that we only stayed for one night. It looks like they got a bootlegger to do repairs in the rooms. Don't be fooled by the outside or foyer. The rooms are scary. Trust me. Dirty, not much lighting, super thin walls, bootlegged repairs, cut up curtains, fixtures not in working order, dirty bathtub, and miniature ironing board that you will have to sit on table to iron.

When you leave the parking lot and make a left, it is hood city!! Scary! We were fooled! Our GPS had us enter from the decent end, but when we left out & came back, it brought us from the opposite way!! That was "hood city". I'm a church going person & would not lie on this hotel. I would have nothing to gain. It's bad and I would NOT recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I have never felt so uncomfortable in a "hotel" in my life. This place is small, dingy, poor lighting in the room, no counter or counter space on the bathroom at all, very small beds, really thin sheets, rough wash cloths, rough soap bars, paper thin walls in which uou can hear anuone passing your room conversation, inconvenient location of ice and vending machines, very out of date decor which reminds me of a "motel", poor carpeting, and not to mention no extra blankets on stand by for guest. I wish I could get my $241.00 back for the two nights I paid for, and go and find me a better quality hotel. On a positive note, the few staff members I did interact with had positive attitudes. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
First of all thank you for your response. It is very hard sometimes for us to hear such negative feedback regarding our property, however this is how we learn and grow. We are currently renovating our rooms and addressing most of the issues in your review, it is our plan to have all of the rooms 100% complete very soon. We do hope that you will give us another chance in the near future. Please contact me directly at 404-893-4663.

Thank you again for taking the time out to express your concerns.
Knoxville, Tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

First of all, they do appear to be reburbishing and updating the hotel. The hotel itself, however, during our stay was not ready or acceptable for customers. Customer service on arrival was less than friendly, although it did improve during the stay. Forget about an early check in; we were advised at 2 pm that not a single room was ready, but less than an hour later all rooms were ready? There was one operable ice machine for the entire property; they advertise two, but I can assure you the second one has not worked in quite some time. The biggest issue was cleanliness. Upon entering our room we found hairs and "splash" all over the toilet rim; this is not acceptable. The room was large which was a plus. As many have stated, the neighborhood is a little questionable, but I do not believe you would have any problems walking around during day light hours. Maybe the work they are doing will improve things, but it has a long way to go. I would suggest spending a little more money and staying downtown as we will do next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I am so sorry that your stay was less than adequate. As you pointed out we are trying very hard and we are working to ensure that we have a product that guests enjoy and look forward to coming back to. Please give us another try once the work has been completed mid October. We also have a new General Manager as well as an Executive Housekeeper to address our shortcomings. I would love to work with you personally. Thanks for your time.
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel was rated three stars on the Southwest Airlines website. I don't know if it even rates two stars. It is under a remodeling project and this should've been disclosed when I booked the hotel. The front entry was blocked off and no clear signage indicating where to check in. The hotel hallways did not give you the impression that cleanliness was a priority. The mattress was one of the most uncomfortable I have slept in. In fact, I did not get much sleep and woke up with a horrible backache. Not a good experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel has been a big improvement since my initial visit. my son attends clark, so it was convenient. I was also pleased to see more security in the area. they also have continental breakfast now which is nice

Room Tip: the deluxe room is good if you have more people or kids because it has a pullout couch
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My excitement to come and see your beautiful state and country during the Autumn was a trip I so looked forward to. My sister reside in the States so we all took turns picking a Hotel during our trip around the state. I choose the Castleberry Inn as for us while we stays in Atlanta. I found the staff from the doorman, receptionist and commerical cleaners to be very friendly and helpful during our stay. My room always cleaned. fresh sheets and towels daily. It was so good I stayed an extra week there. Ms Williams does your Hotel credit. As for resturant a walking distance down the driveway. I say Try it!! The food is beautiful, with service to match! I am very fussy with my food, but I couldnt get enough . So for those who whinge and whine about the Hotel, next time try booking a King room, you may find its worth it , you get what you pay for. I intend to go back and stay again when I return to Georgia this year. Try Castlberry Inn, you may find its not what others say it is.

Room Tip: Try the King size bedrooms they are so spacious, loved the bathroom and all that came with it
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. We are continuing to improve our guest experience and look forward to your next stay!

All the best,
Sonia & Staff
Madison, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was nervous at first since this hotel is a little older than what I usually like. However, it is very conveniently located to the Atlanta University and Colleges! This is a huge plus! The accommodations were outstanding for the price paid! This was the most spacious room I have ever stayed in. It felt like I was staying in a suite when I just asked for a room. (My room included two entrances, microwave, refrigerator, sofa sitting area and reception table, flat screen tv facing sitting area, desk and chair for business convenience, wall mirror and chest of drawers for extended stay storage, huge king size bed with second flat screen tv facing the bed. TV's were wall mounted to maximize space usage. Decor in room was simple yet elegant and very comfortable. I even took the extra step to take pictures of the room since I liked it that well! The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating to my occasional need(s). I wish to especially thank Kisha at check-in (and check-out) who went above and beyond to handle a little problem I seemed to experience on more than one occasion. Her friendliness and promptness to resolve the problem was greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend this hotel! And I look forward to future stays at this hotel when I need to return to the area to visit my daughter in college.

Room Tip: Don't know
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome? Share your experiences!