“big improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida
“big improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel has been a big improvement since my initial visit. my son attends clark, so it was convenient. I was also pleased to see more security in the area. they also have continental breakfast now which is nice

Room Tip: the deluxe room is good if you have more people or kids because it has a pullout couch
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My excitement to come and see your beautiful state and country during the Autumn was a trip I so looked forward to. My sister reside in the States so we all took turns picking a Hotel during our trip around the state. I choose the Castleberry Inn as for us while we stays in Atlanta. I found the staff from the doorman, receptionist and commerical cleaners to be very friendly and helpful during our stay. My room always cleaned. fresh sheets and towels daily. It was so good I stayed an extra week there. Ms Williams does your Hotel credit. As for resturant a walking distance down the driveway. I say Try it!! The food is beautiful, with service to match! I am very fussy with my food, but I couldnt get enough . So for those who whinge and whine about the Hotel, next time try booking a King room, you may find its worth it , you get what you pay for. I intend to go back and stay again when I return to Georgia this year. Try Castlberry Inn, you may find its not what others say it is.

Room Tip: Try the King size bedrooms they are so spacious, loved the bathroom and all that came with it
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. We are continuing to improve our guest experience and look forward to your next stay!

All the best,
Sonia & Staff
Madison, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I was nervous at first since this hotel is a little older than what I usually like. However, it is very conveniently located to the Atlanta University and Colleges! This is a huge plus! The accommodations were outstanding for the price paid! This was the most spacious room I have ever stayed in. It felt like I was staying in a suite when I just asked for a room. (My room included two entrances, microwave, refrigerator, sofa sitting area and reception table, flat screen tv facing sitting area, desk and chair for business convenience, wall mirror and chest of drawers for extended stay storage, huge king size bed with second flat screen tv facing the bed. TV's were wall mounted to maximize space usage. Decor in room was simple yet elegant and very comfortable. I even took the extra step to take pictures of the room since I liked it that well! The hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating to my occasional need(s). I wish to especially thank Kisha at check-in (and check-out) who went above and beyond to handle a little problem I seemed to experience on more than one occasion. Her friendliness and promptness to resolve the problem was greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend this hotel! And I look forward to future stays at this hotel when I need to return to the area to visit my daughter in college.

Room Tip: Don't know
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I booked for both location and cost. Location is great if you have a car. For downtown area of Atlanta the cost is also great. The hotel is presently redoing the lobby area so there are a few problems with dust, workmen, etc. The general area is bad looking and I would not get out and walk even in the daylight. Parking is free but is very limited. WiFi is also free and works as well as I have seen (in my room), even in 5 star locations. I was on the third floor--- no noise but only one elevator for the whole hotel. TV is small size but worked very well. Room is also small but is all that I needed. Bath area is almost as large as the room. Had a microwave and frig but did not use either. The room lighting is so bad that I gave up trying to read; I am seeing this In alot of hotels. I have decided that I am going to start packing 100 watt lightbulbs with me on future trips. Had to run hot water for 5/10 minutes before it was warm enought to take a shower. Water pressure was good in the shower but not the sink. Housekeeping did not leave new coffee, soap, etc for the second day. Guess what you have when you check in is what you have ! Ice machine was on first floor when I was there, again one machine for whole hotel. Bed slept good, room was clean and cleaned each day. Lots of a/c noise. Towels and furniture were old. You get what you pay for..........................................................

Room Tip: Stay away from first floor............................
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was the worst hotel I ever stayed in.."Ever"!!! First the reservation was lost or the rep couldnt pull info. Our room was terrible when we first walked in. The beds were small and sheets were paper thin. The wall and windows were not suitable for a guest. So after complaining about the room, she decided to give another which wasnt as good but better than the first one. We stayed on the first floor. We heard from every room on that floor. Its like we were in an apartment and heard people walking upstairs. The shower was like a "Mist". No water pressure at all. The sink will take "2 hours" to brush teeth because of no pressure also. The ice machine was on the 3rd floor in a discreet place you have to dig deep to find. No wash clothes but had plenty of towels. The staff was friendly at first but when we got back from our outting, they changed tremendously. The location is ok but never go when there is a concert goin on. The parking is ridiculously on the side of the hotel or across the street and very limited. I wouldnt reccommend this to anybody!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I understand that you spoke with the GM during check out. I just wanted to personally apologize for your inconvenience. We are working hard during our final renovation which will be complete by mid-July to make sure that we address every issue that you pointed out. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me directly 404-893-4663
Leesburg, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked this hotel back in March to attend a concert at the GA Dome. It is within walking distance, though I would not walk after dark as the neighborhood is pretty scary looking. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. The staff on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. I arrived on Sunday before the 3:00 check in. I was told that my room was not ready could I please come back in an hour. Sure, no problem so I went to get a bite to eat and came back 2 hours later. The line for check in filled the lobby. People were irrate as it seemed they showed no record of people who had booked online (through expedia and sites like that). I get up there and the manager from earlier is no where to be found. They tell me that they can't find my room, when 2 hours ago I had one. I booked through their site and had a confirmation #. Still could not find me. I had to get ugly just to be sure I got a room, though many gave up and walked out. One gentleman had stayed the night before and his key no longer worked. They had him as a no show and had checked him out when he was sleeping!!! The staff was in no way apologetic and when I checked out the next morning the girl simply took my key and gave me a receipt without asking how my stay was or anything. Will never stay there again and I would not recommend!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Please contact me directly, I would like to arrange your next stay personally and ensure that you have a great experience. We had a couple of new people working the desk that day and chaotic is an understatement. Glad you enjoyed the concert!

I look forward to speaking with you.
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

A very well located hotel near from he Convention Center. Friendly staff, mainly Sherri, Kisha and Justin. The included continental breakfast was ok. The room has a good space, but some of the Tv is quite far from the bed. If you do not rent a car, you will spend a lot of money taking a cab (this is another problem: some time took more than 40 minutes to arrive).
If you walk a little you can take the Metro.
There is a restaurant just in front of the Hotel and some places to eat, nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business