“HORRIBLE SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #153 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Leesburg, Georgia
“HORRIBLE SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked this hotel back in March to attend a concert at the GA Dome. It is within walking distance, though I would not walk after dark as the neighborhood is pretty scary looking. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. The staff on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. I arrived on Sunday before the 3:00 check in. I was told that my room was not ready could I please come back in an hour. Sure, no problem so I went to get a bite to eat and came back 2 hours later. The line for check in filled the lobby. People were irrate as it seemed they showed no record of people who had booked online (through expedia and sites like that). I get up there and the manager from earlier is no where to be found. They tell me that they can't find my room, when 2 hours ago I had one. I booked through their site and had a confirmation #. Still could not find me. I had to get ugly just to be sure I got a room, though many gave up and walked out. One gentleman had stayed the night before and his key no longer worked. They had him as a no show and had checked him out when he was sleeping!!! The staff was in no way apologetic and when I checked out the next morning the girl simply took my key and gave me a receipt without asking how my stay was or anything. Will never stay there again and I would not recommend!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Please contact me directly, I would like to arrange your next stay personally and ensure that you have a great experience. We had a couple of new people working the desk that day and chaotic is an understatement. Glad you enjoyed the concert!

I look forward to speaking with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

A very well located hotel near from he Convention Center. Friendly staff, mainly Sherri, Kisha and Justin. The included continental breakfast was ok. The room has a good space, but some of the Tv is quite far from the bed. If you do not rent a car, you will spend a lot of money taking a cab (this is another problem: some time took more than 40 minutes to arrive).
If you walk a little you can take the Metro.
There is a restaurant just in front of the Hotel and some places to eat, nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Great location close to georgia dome, Morehouse and spellman. Staff was great, they handled every request and went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. The hotel was very good as far as room size, continental breakfast, gym and location. What made this trp we theri staff, I cannot pseak highly enough of them from the front desk, general staff and cleaning crew, everone greeted us all the time constanly asked if we neede anything and went of their way to handle every request we made.
I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose room facing court yard for bes size type room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Me and my family were in town for a graduation and not being from the atlanta area we were not familiar with the less that desirable neighborhood surrounding the hotel, however when he arrived at the hotel we were hoping to have a pleasant experience, but this was definitely not the case. Since there was a group of us, it seem that we all had issues. The intial room I was assigned to had a terrible odor, so I informed the front desk clerk, who did move me to another room;however the shower did not work and the blind were stained and dirty. My father did not have a remote to his tv and reported this to the front desk and he was told they would bring one to him, which they did not do; his toilet was also not bolted to the floor. My other relative booked a suite, but her couch was missing from the room. I would not suggest anyone stay at this hotel!! And before an unprofessional member of management from this hotel decides to chime in and respond to my post, please know that I did report all of this prior to checking out to a less that concerned clerk!!! I will sleep in my car before I stay somewhere like the Castleberry Inn.

C. Ford

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Daleville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Under Renovation. Only ice machine broke. Very rundown neighborhood. Did not feel safe at this hotel.

Room Tip: hotels in decatur are reasonable, close to marta, and decatur has some nice restaurants including a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your concerns. The area is definitely an up and coming location, we are so convenient to downtown and GA Dome/GWCC. We certainly would have preferred that you notify us while in the hotel if you experienced any construction inconvenience we could have relocated you as the entire hotel is not under renovations and we will be all done with our updates by April 22, 2012. Thank you again.
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here last year during Wrestlemania 27 week. Overall the entire hotel was average. The room was clean and smelled fresh. They could use a better cable package. Not a good selection of channels. My room was on the small side for a double but that's ok, the room was just for sleeping and showering. At the time Wi-Fi was not working properly (spotty connection). The staff was nice and the check in process was fairly quick considering the hotel was full of WWE fans. This is a good place to stay if you will be going to any of the arenas. They are about 10 to 15 min walk from the hotel. The area is in an urban area which didn’t bother me. because I’m used to the hustle and bustle noise at all times of the night in an urban setting. Would I stay here again? Yes I would

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

This hotel is a total misrepresentation of the pictures online. The staff was not very friendly, and the hotel smelled like weed. Once seeing our room, we noticed that there was a door that apparently connected two rooms together. We could hear everything our neighbor was doing and talking about. I will NEVER stay here again. What a joke of a hotel!

Room Tip: Do not choose any rooms at all!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Oh no! I am so sorry that your stay was less than adequate. It is so important that our guests bring these type of concerns to the front desk attention. We have security at the property for problems such as this.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I would love to speak with you further and can be reached at the hotel.

Been to Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome? Share your experiences!