“Not as Good as I Remembered” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Woody's

Woody's
981 Monroe Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308-1755 (Midtown)
(404) 876-1939
Cuisines: American, Hot Dogs, Fast Food, Sandwiches, Ice Cream, Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Columbia, South Carolina
“Not as Good as I Remembered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

I moved away from Atlanta for a few years and used to LOVE Woody's cheesesteak sandwiches. I tried it recently and it was not the same. New owners? New chef? Don't know, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Visited January 2012

“Small Philly joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Fresh food made hot with a great taste. One of the better phillys I have had. Though the price doesn't seem to match. A Philly and coke, only, was almost nine dollars.

The place is small but the feel is right and the people are friendly. The food is made to order in front of you which is nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“As good as it gets outside Jim's on South Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Really great-- onions and (delectable horror of horrors) Wiz! Can't find wiz these days, what with the health nuts and cancer and whatnot. I'm glad Woodys is keeping the spirit alive.
Little shack, parking is a nightmare, and there is nothing better you can put in your face.

Visited November 2011
Atlanta
“Great place for a great bite to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I find that I need a Woody's "fix" at least twice a month -- I love this place. I visited years ago and was disappointed, but the current management runs a tight ship: very friendly service, great food, and low prices. I feel comfortable eating here alone, and I love being able to sit on "the porch" in good weather (which we have a lot of here in Atlanta in the spring and fall). I especially enjoy being able to support a business that is locally owned and operated, versus the many dull, mediocre franchises that are tending to run small restaurants out of business these days.

• Visited September 2011