“Tapas Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loca Luna

Loca Luna
550 Amsterdam Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30306-3417 (Virginia Highland)
404-875-4494
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Loca Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #552 of 3,446 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Virginia Highland
Cross street: Monroe Drive
Description: Loca Luna is Atlanta's premier dining and Entertainment venue. Offering a wide variety of Spanish & Latin dishes, this tapas style restaurant is a great venue for large parties as well as romantic dates. Featuring live salsa bands nightly, we're your good time destination. Voted one of the top 10 Latin Entertainment in America by USA today. Stop by and enjoy one of our refreshing Mojitos or Caipirinas today!
Annapolis, Maryland
“Tapas Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Tasty small plates served up in a big, indoor/outdoor Caribbean-type environment. Great entertainment; we danced Salsa. And outstanding Mojitos! Interesting mix of Atlanta's folks all thrown together in the name of food and fun.

Visited June 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Cinco de Mayo in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

A party of 18 (including myself) came here to celebrate a birthday on Cinco de Mayo. Their menu is tapas. I ordered chicken skewers that come with plantain & chicken empanadas. They were both delicious. I had a margarita and it was great as well. We experienced delays with our server, but it was due to the large number of patrons. She provided excellent service. The atmosphere was nice. We were seated on the patio and enjoyed the breeze while listening to music coming from the dance floor. I will definitely return!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Great Place to try everything on Tuesday nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The staff is awesome and we sat on the patio and had a blast. The food is really good and we had a blast eating at Loca Luna...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
atlanta, ga
“Food, Drinks, Hookah dancing and free entry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I can't believe I haven't' been to this place before. Many people have recommended it over the years.

I came for the dancing but didn't realise how great of a weekend destination it can be.
There is a Spanish or Brazilian bands that plays every Friday. Then after 11ish, the band packs up for the DJ and they move the tales out the way for the dance floor.

You can order the tapas style food quite late and I was impressed with the grilled chicken skewer and quesadilla that I tried.

I also LOVE the fact they have hookah - especially since you cannot smoke cigarettes in there (although there is a nice cushy outdoor location with comfy couches for smokers).

With the music pumping mostly with the sounds of the Top 40 with a few Brazilian hits thrown in, I could see this being a great place for a regular Friday night destination, a place to throw a party or even just a nice dinner with your mates.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Salsa Time!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was part of a Living Social Deal I did to have Salsa lessons at the restaurant. They had a full buffet for us and the food was amazing. Also love the signature martini's that were prepared. Good Food Drinks and Dancing.

Visited May 2012