“Kings Men Tour” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 143 Attractions in Atlanta
atlanta
“Kings Men Tour”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

What a disappointment. I hope everyone else gets a better concert than we did! The show started two hours late. They said there was a fatal accident in Houston and the production truck was tied up in traffic for hours. I feel really bad for the family who lost their loved one. Kirk and the others could have rented a plane and borrowed equipment to get to the concert on time. They showed a very pointless video that was not funny at all and was inappropriate given the circumstances. 45 min into the concert, they said they had to be done in fifteen minutes because the electricity was going to be shut off. Wish I could get my money back. Will not be supporting them any more. It was handled very poorly.

Knoxville, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
“chastain park should be ashamed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

we drove over 4 hours to come to chastain park to attend a concert and I was so disappointed.first of all we sat in traffic on the street that leads to chastain park for over a hour, then when we finally arrived there parking is absolutely terrible! we ended up having to park about 10 mins away and how to walk to the theatre. When we got there the line to get in the amphitheater was so long we waited another 30 mins for them to let us in the gate. when they finally opened the gate people stormed the gate. and the employees working the gate was so unorganized. they just scanned tickets they never checked to make sure people wasn't bringing in weapons or anything. the security never done security checks in all honesty I think they were very understaffed which I felt that was very unsafe especially with the volume of people that was there. the ushers were rude and everything was just unorganized. it made me wonder if chastain park was equipped to handle a large concert like the one we attended. The performers that we went to see had a unforeseen circumstance and the concert was delayed 2 hours which meant we had to sit and wait and this is a outdoor venue so the mosquitos were every where and every so often huge water bugs would scurry across the ground . When the concert started the head performer told the crowd that he had been pleading with the officials of chastain park if they would extend the hours past 11 pm since the delay was not in their control. but the officials of chastain park said no and that the concert must be finished by 11 pm or georgia power company will shut off the power, so we only got about a 30 minute show and they kept their word because at exactly 11 pm chastain park cut the power. I feel chastain park officials could have made an acception and allowed the performers a little more time on stage. because the delay was due to circumstances that was not in their control.i feel like if the performers were very prestige or more popular i believe chastain park and the city of atlanta would have been more accomadating...... The money that the fans paid to be apart of this concert and then to find out we was only getting 30 mins of time because chastain park refused to allow the artist a little more time is absurd. so many fans including my self left chastain park so disappointed and felt like we definetly didn't get what we paid for...... i feel like if chastain park is going to be ironclad when it comes to their hours of operation, maybe they should not allow big time music artist and big concerts to be held at their venue. because this experience left a bitter taste and I probably would not want to come to another event if it was held at this venue......

Stone Mountain, Georgia
“The King's Men Tour-Concert”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This concert was supposed to start @ 8pm. We were informed that the production people left Houston, TX and incurred a fatal accident on the freeway which stopped traffic for a couple of hours. They did not open the gates until 8:20pm. We sat and watched them set the lighting/stage up. The concert did not begin until 9:50pm. I paid $85 for my ticket, $15 for parking and $3 for a small coke. The concert ended promptly @ 11pm due to the city ordinance. $103 for a one hour concert is a lot to pay. The artists announced that they had pleaded with Chastain management to no avail, they had to stop at 11pm or the electricity would be shut off. Needless to say, this was my first time at Chastain and I was beyond dissappointed!

DECATUR
15 attraction reviews
“A great small venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a very nice place to see an outdoor concert. You can (and should) bring a picnic dinner (tray & eating utensils) to eat before the show. Some of the folks have some very elaborate set-ups. Highly recommend

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
“Shlep-fest! However always fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

When you can bring a cooler, expect it to be a loud, crowded place for concerts. It is fun having your own wine/cheese etc at your feet. Bring a small table if you arent at one. AND ALWAYS BRING an umbrella and rain jacket... it is BRUTAL when it rains during a concert, which it invarioubly does... great selection of bands play at Chastain Park.

Visited August 2012