“Quirky but upscale American food, masterfully prepared” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rathbun's

Rathbun's
112 Krog Street, Ste R, Inman Park, Atlanta, GA 30307 (Inman Park)
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 3,427 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Inman Park
Description: Rathbun's is the new restaurant by celebrated Chef, Kevin Rathbun of NAVA and Bluepoint fame. Rathbun's is set in an historic Inman Park warehouse that has been modernized with contemporary tones of fushcia, black, green and white.
Pittsburgh, PA
“Quirky but upscale American food, masterfully prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Six of us had dinner here and it was outstanding- the quality of the ingredients is apparent, and the little twists this chef takes in preparation keep it very interesting. Our party had the Niman ranch pork chop, lamb Scaloppini, lamb chops special, rib-eye special, chicken, and lobster taco- we really tried most everything except the special flat fish. It was outstanding.
The only suggestion I would give Chef Rathbun has nothing to do with the food- it would be to crank up the lighting in the Ladies Room. It was so dark in there I had t use the flashlight app on my iPhone just to find everything!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

southeast
“Oh what a meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I visited Rathbun's last night for a business dinner with 9 of us from across the Country, including two from Texas. I normally only eat at a steakhouse for business dinners. When in Atlanta, Hal's is one of my favorites. But I must admit that the Rathbun's exceeded my expectations and will make my future choice difficult/or easy. The steaks were incredible and prepared to perfection. They have the steak for two or three option; which provides you with the bone in flavor without having to feel like you must eat 18 ounces of beef if you have someone to share with. The wine selection is wide with excellent high end options. The hostess, bartender and wait staff were incredible. The only hiccup was with two of our sides arriving late. But given the amount we ordered, it was not even noticeable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Richmond, Virginia
“wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I came here for a relaxing night away from it all and we made the right choice for sure. i had only been here one other time and it was so much better in a smaller setting. Every dish was just as described and more! So fresh and so perfectly cooked! A must go! Very friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. everyone there was top notch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“One of Atlanta's Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Rathbun's ranks among one of Atlanta's best restaurants. This fun, creative, and energetic restaurant always delivers exceptional service with cuisine to match.

I try to dine here once a month (it would be more if I lived closer) and have never had a bad experience in the 8+ years I have been frequenting Rathbun's. Quite honestly, I am always surprised with how they consistently impress and improve.

Last night our group was treated to a custom menu of grilled South African lobster tails accompanied by cauliflower mash, french green beans, and succotash...everything was perfect.

I highly recommend putting Rathbun's top of your list when you are visiting Atlanta.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“they are almost very good ! but ?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

positives : valet very courteous and respectful / location area interesting and seems to be up and coming / restaurant design and layout nice / greeted promptly / server was friendly and smiling/ bone marrow starter was good as well as the blue cheese fondue fries/ nice menu selection/

negatives: martini was average and not chilled / average bread selection, no olive oil option , hard butter/ bone-in ribeye steak was ruined by an oversaturation of a blue cheese vinaigrette sauce that made it impossible to eat, sent it back/ dessert was average at best/

with all do respect , the comments above are honest, I did enjoy the ambience and positives above. but I rate the whole picture and they didn't deserve more than average. however I will be traveling back in the area and will give it another shot, and making sure I select different options, sorry Rathbun's but it is what it is.

• Visited April 2013