“Amazing value, excellent customer service, nice hot breakfast, super clean & comfy rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Downtown South at Turner Field

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Downtown South at Turner Field to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Downtown South at Turner Field
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   759 Pollard Blvd SW, Atlanta, GA 30315   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #105 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is great for the price, it has a nice hot breakfast, clean rooms,beds are so comfortable... nice & friendly staff, plus warm cookies are a nice ending to the day :)

• Stayed March 2012

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed overnight in this hotel due to it being downtown and also because we had no idea were we were going when we got there. Not the best part of town however, Turner field was right across the street and the view of downtown Atlanta was amazing.
We were greeted in a very friendly way and told we were Welcome. They had great coffee and wonderful cookies in the lobby at all times and free internet. The staff were very helpful with finding our way around Atlants i.e. where to eat etc and made us laugh with how funny they were.
The hotel is definitely looking tired and I'm not sure if they plan to renovate or not but it is in need of it. One of the elevators were broken so there was a slight inconvenience to walk further to our room. Also, we missed our AM breakfast because it was over by 930am.
Our room definitely smelled like smoke and possibly stale air, I don't think the hotel was very busy. Parking was right up front and we were always greeted upon arrival. There is no safe in the room but the bed and linens appeared to be clean. We ran the fan on the airconditioner the whole time.
I don't think I would want to stay here again but for a quick overnight, it was great. It unfortunately is close to the downtown area but not really convenient for restaurants or convenience stores. Discussed using the MARTA system (train) but it would be inconvenient from here - need to take bus and transfer etc which may put off people not used to finding their way around a strange city. Would have been equal to cost of parking when we went to the Aquarium anyway.

Room Tip: Check your room first, might not be what you are looking for.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Norcross, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel about a week ago. To put it simply, we would not stay here again. The first room we were given was not cleaned well. Both the sink and tub had hair in them, and the tub was also peeling pretty badly. Worse of all for us, the mini-fridge contained smelly food that seemed as though it had been in there for a week or two. This was bad for us because we had planned on using the fridge for medicines and health-related snacks.

Since we were not willing to clean out the fridge ourselves because of the fumes, we called the front desk. The clerk, whose attitude varied from “I have a job but I hate it” to poorly feigned sincerity, answered the phone, but before she actually spoke to me, I had to listen to her scream at someone, “hi, sexy!” (the professionalism at this hotel was really high). At least, after hearing about our dilemma, she offered to move us to another room.

Needless to say when we arrived at that room, there were also leftovers in that fridge as well. This time, my husband emptied the refrigerator himself, as we were all quite tired of the whole thing, and he took it down to the front desk so they could see it. We were given a $20 credit off our room charge, but it pretty much meant nothing to us.

On the positive side, the hotel was very quiet even though it seemed pretty full. On the negative side, the beds were quite hard so we all woke up a little miserable from restless sleeping.

We only stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to Turner Field, but now that we know there’s a Holiday Inn just around the corner, we are going to try it the next time we are in that area. As a follow-up, we did receive an email from one of the managers of the hotel (which was nice), but even so, we still would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

My stay was very enjoyable. The staff was excellent. I would recommend anyone to stay due to the fact that the premices was neat and clean. I also enjoyed the free breakfast. The lhotel was in a great place where you access to anything.

Room Tip: Book early....
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

me and my family went on vacation found a nice clean hotel were the staff were the best i did not have to spend money for breakfast ate there every morning washer@dryer on property nice lobby love the fireplace i will return in the summer great place,will tell friends and family to stay there the brinkley famify

Room Tip: suites are good if u have 3or 4 people u will have more space
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at County Inn and Suites, The Staff were friendly with a loving smile and the breakfast was better than some places I have stayed. It's in a great location of atlanta were I am mobile to other locations and close to downtown were traffic wasn;t that bad. I really enjoyed the customer service they gave me and I recommand this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

RIGHT next to Turner field. The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful. We were there for a convention, so everyone was getting ready at the same time. At some hotels, that meant there wasn't enough hot water because we pretty much all get up at the same time -- that was not a problem at this hotel. Lots of hot water and good water pressure. It also meant that the kitchen staff had to work extra hard to have enough breakfast for all of us at the same time and they came through. (We have stayed at many hotels and this is often not the case) Bathroom was clean and things like grout and corners were white. (I am a clean freak and a smell freak) If I was going to stay there again, I would request a non smoking floor. I am not a smoker and my room was non smoking, but when I got off the elevator, I could smell it. It was OK in my room, but not in the hallway. When you look at the price of this hotel, vs the downtown hotels it is a great deal!

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker, choose a non smoking floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Downtown South at Turner Field? Share your experiences!