“Great place but not in top ten!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South City Kitchen Midtown

South City Kitchen Midtown
1144 Crescent Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30309-3649 (Midtown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,274 Restaurants in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
Brooklyn, New York
“Great place but not in top ten!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Had dinner here. Fried green tomatoes and she crab soup were amazing. The fried chicken had a great buttermilk flavor like advertised. Mac and Cheese was ok.

What made my visit special was them honoring my request that I made online when I was reserving. They remembered to bring a dessert out and right congrats on it for my gf's promotion. They also gave us complimentary sparking wine.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

From the moment we made the reservation on line to our arrival, we really enjoyed the entire experience. Candace was one of the most professional, knowledgeable and efficient servers we have had and we have been in many 5 star restaurants. I have dietary requirements and Candace and the kitchen staff were more than accommodating when I changed the chef's creations to meet my needs. My husband's filet was perfectly cooked, the fried chicken was the best our friend has ever eaten and the smoked pork chop was beautifully prepared. Unfortunately, we didn't try dessert, but the choices and creative selections were very tempting. We were staying at the W Hotel Midtown, so a short 3 block walk over was well worth it in the brisk, windy 30 degree temps!
The restaurant is loud, but that comes with the open kitchen and hip atmosphere.
I would definitely return the next time that we are in the area!

Ladera Ranch, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went to South City Kitchen Midtown years ago and I was so happy that they were still in business and as I remembered the food was incrediable. Happy to say it is still a wonderful restaurant with excellent food. Service was fantastic and our waiter Dave was extremely helpful and always there to answer any questions. The restaurant was crowded and I am so glad we got a wonderful table to enjoy this southern cooking. My favorite was the She-Crab soup and pork chop!!! Excellent.

I highly recommend this restaurant and when I travel back to Atlanta I will visit again.

Atlanta, Georgia
“One of my favorites in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have visited South City Kitchen many times in the past year. It is great for brunch, lunch, dinner, or drinks. They are excellent and informed about food allergies which is very important to me having a gluten allergy. For brunch, their Benedict with pulled pork is amazing! Their cosmos are the best I have ever had. I haven't personally tried them, but my family loves the biscuits and fried chicken. This is a great place for a date or to bring visitors from out of town. A great picture of southern hospitality.

• Visited October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Best Southern Fried Chicken ever! The food was well seasoned & service was great. It's a small location, but very well ran so it works!