“Modern Southern Comfort Food done very well” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South City Kitchen Midtown

South City Kitchen Midtown
1144 Crescent Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30309-3649 (Midtown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 3,458 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
“Modern Southern Comfort Food done very well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Lively and friendly place. We went for a work dinner and it delivered. Everyone's main course was spot on and left us too full for dessert. Definitely going back when I'm in ATL next time!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Gotta try the shrimp and grits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Everything is great on this menu. Try the shrimp and grits or chicken and waffles. The fried green tomatoes are a must have also! Awesome!

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Great Southern Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We made an early reservation for a Sunday evening and enjoyed the entire experience. My wife enjoyed the friend green tomatoes as an appetizer (plenty for two) while I had the crispy fried oysters which were truly outstanding!!!! My wife had the shrimp and grits as an entree and I had the fried chicken (one of their signature dishes).....both were very good. The highlight for me was the collard greens served with friend chicken: very mild and sautéed and not overcooked. We should not have, but we both had desserts: my apple cobbler was good and my wife had the banana pudding which was also quite good.

Service was outstanding and was provided seamlessly by a team of servers that were pleasant and quite efficient.

We waddled away after overeating and was glad for the 15 minute walk back to the hotel. Great dining experience.

Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
“yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Fried green tomatoes, wow! The lobster mac and cheese was also divine. The staff, excellent. My friends had the fried chicken which was also perfect. Well done!

Visited January 2014
California
“SO GOOD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Ate here for a work dinner; casual though. There were 8 of us, and we were seated quickly. The staff was very friendly, offered great suggestions, and was generally engaging. I ordered the shrimp and grits - it was amazing. We also ordered the Fried green tomatoes, which are now one of my favorite snacks! I would recommend this to anyone eating in midtown.

• Visited July 2013