“Amazing shrimp and grits” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South City Kitchen Midtown

South City Kitchen Midtown
1144 Crescent Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30309-3649 (Midtown)
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
South City Kitchen Midtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 3,424 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: MARTA Arts Center or Midtown stations.
Description: Celebrating over 18 year as one of Atlanta's favorite restaurants, South City Kitchen Midtown specializes in contemporary Southern cuisine with a sophisticated twist. Combining the energy of Atlanta with the warmth of a Southern home, the restaurant is nestled in an updated, historic bungalow on the city's famous Crescent Avenue. Dine on local Southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, buttermilk fried chicken, she-crab soup, fried green tomatoes and banana pudding while enjoying the view of our exhibition kitchen or the city skyline on one of the best patios in the city. This truly is dining the way the new South intended.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Amazing shrimp and grits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm visiting Atlanta on business and stopped in here for dinner as it was within walking distance from my hotel. Found it with trip advisor and so glad I visited.

I had the shrimp and grits-amazing. The sauce that was on it was so good. Best shrimp and grits I've had ever. Had a side of butter beans, which I've never had, and were so good. Had the merlot which was a great flavor and so smooth. Prices were reasonable for what you get, at least compared to where I come from.

The restaurant had nice atmosphere, but I did feel it got really loud. When it got busy I was struggling to hear the person I was eating with.

If I ever return to the area I would not hesitate to go here.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Manhattan Beach, California
“My favorite place in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wonderful, savory and satiating southern food! The best around, moderately priced, great service and more. The fried chicken, greens and potatoes is perfect. Don't miss this one

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“You have to go here for an amazing dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel recommended to eat here and when we return to the Atlanta area, we are going back. We arrived early and was sat right away. Our waitress was amazing and you could tell she really liked working there. Everything she recommended to us to have turned out great. My Wife had the fried chicken and she said it was one of the best she had ever had. I had the Trout and it was so flakey and good that I didn't share any with her.

I would recommend everyone to go and enjoy a meal here when they are in the Atlanta area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Augusta, Georgia
“An Atlanta staple of mine !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Everytime my girlfriends from college and I visit Atlanta , South City Kitchen is always on our list of places we MUST eat at before we go . We actually found it reading reviews for good places to eat in ATL . The restaurant is clean , causal and the servers are always great . The best way to describe the menu is southern comfort food , kicked up a notch ! I've tried a few dishes they offer , but my favorite by far is the shrimp and grits . I will always come back to this place when I'm in town and I definitely recommend it to everyone I know .

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Down Home cooking with a Flair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you like good down home cooking, this is your place. We are not talking soul food, but gourmet down home cooking. Love this place!!

Visited March 2013