“Good fish and good view” 4 of 5 stars

770-955-1187
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's on the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 3,465 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-285 and Powers Ferry Rd
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good fish and good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband has eaten here on business. When we are in Atlanta we usually go the the Atlanta Fish Market for seafood. Since we were staying near Ray's we went there for lunch. They have a limited lunch menu and most items were $15-$16. I had the grouper which was very good and cooked just right. We had a window table and could watch all the people float down the river. Ray's very extensive landscaping with lot of flowers. I would like to go back to eat dinner

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lechlade, United Kingdom
“A great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is the second ttime I have eaten here, The first time I was on my own and the food was great. This time I took 11 co-workers with me. I made a late reservation ( make sure you book) and they were able to get us in. The food is top class, I was going to have the steaks but the special was Swordfish. All our meals came out in a timely manner together. Service was top notch, with the waiter/tress knowing the menu inside out. Condisering 12 of us ordered completly different meals , everyone said they were glad they cae and would come back within the month.

The restaurant is very well placed with views of the river. Toliets were immaculate . There was also a small group playing music, they were very well groomed and stylish.

I will be going back there, I recommend it to everyone, from business to family and friends.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Romance on the River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

What a great week night date spot. Live music in the dimly lit bar, a table view of the sun setting on the river. Excellent food and a server who stays away long enough for a conversation to get intimate.

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia
“Steaks great but fish flunks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This restaurant brags about the fish and the waitstaff promoted the fish. However our experience with fish was sub par while the beef eaters in our party raved. Thus I would give them two stars for seafood and four stars for steak.

This contemporary building is right next to the river and many tables have nice views. Even though the water was high, we saw some tubers heading for the river bank. The lobby has a nice waterfall and is decorated in a modern style.

Over host was average -- however we did get an excellent table. I tried fresh fish with horseradish -- nothing came through -- were they out of horseradish. The fish was flaky and not overdone but the crust was a loss. The other seafood orders in our party were also underwhelming. On the other side, the steaks came out just right and were delicious.

We did splurge on desserts. The chocolate cheesecake was very good, The rest of the party said their choices were average to good. The server was friendly, but we did not have anyone from management stop by to check on things.

Reading the reviews, it seems they are stuck in a funk. This restaurant needs a re-evaluation and some changes. They should start by adding their web site to this web site AND reading some of the recent reviews.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Great place on the river”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food is very good and the fish is some of the best in Atlanta. The view is great and the band is fun as well in the lounge.

• Visited July 2013