“good service and good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 3,464 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Inside Lenox Mall
Transit: MARTA Lenox; MARTA Buckhead
Description: Voted ‘Best Steakhouse’ 10 years running, #4 ‘Best Restaurant’ 2013 by Jezebel Magazine Readers’ & ‘1 of 1400 Top Restaurants in the World’ 2011 by Zagat. NY Prime has crafted a loud, lively social niche for ladies and gents alike. Enjoy a USDA prime steak, chilled Carpaccio or fresh Florida Stone Crabs. Offering live entertainment nightly and seasonal Courtyard dining.
Atlanta, Georgia
“good service and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Steaks very good the service excellent. Celebrated our anniversary went around 6:00pm not that crowded but did get very crowded as the night went on. Excellent desserts and very good selection on sides. Good food - excellent service - what you will find in a really good steak house in atlanta.

Visited December 2011

Atlanta
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently I took my client to eat at NY Prime and it was fabulous. Typically, I am a big steak eater but opted to try some seafood. When I order seafood I usually order the Grouper as I did at NY Prime. Not only was it fabulous but one of the best I have ever had as it was that good and of course "FRESH". The fish was finished in a lemon/butter sauce (not too much) and was fabulous. I will be back!!!!!!! FYI...the bar scene is very good and the bartenders are on their game. You won't have to worry about getting attended to nor will you have to worry about a watered down drink. It won't happen there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding Steakhouse in Buckhead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hands down, NY Prime is one of the top steak houses in Atlanta. The food is exceptional and the service is outstanding. Bobby D. runs a very tight ship. The bar was fun and very alive during my recent. The music adds a very nice touch. For anyone old school that would like to have a cigar after your meal you can do that in the bar area of the restuarant.

Its a great place to have a business dinner or night out with someone special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“If you don't want your clothes to smell like cigarettes, don't eat here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I gave it a "poor" rating because of the very strong cigarette smell that hits you as soon as you walk in the door! When I called to make a reservation, I asked if they have a no-smoking section and the manager promised me that we would not be sitting anywhere near the smoking area, which is the bar. The place is not that big so no matter where we sat, we smelled the smoke. After a while, we didn't smell it anymore, until we get home - our clothes stunk horribly from smoke!

Now for the food: Steaks were excellent. Everything is a la carte, so be prepared to spend more money if you want to eat something with your steak. We had a large group, and ordered 4 sides and they were all delicious and rich! The chopped salad was very good too, enough to split. I would have ordered the fish, but couldn't bring myself to pay $45.00 so went with the chicken instead. It was very good, moist, big portion.

Service was very good too.

This is a pricey steakhouse so be prepared to spend a lot of money. Check out the menu to see the prices.

I would not return because of the smoke issue but if that is not a problem for you and you have money to spend on a good meal, this is your place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CA_Centraarchy, Marketing at New York Prime, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hi foody22: Thank you for your candid feedback. We do our best to accommodate all guests and apologize that our conditions were not up to par. We do offer seasonal courtyard dining that would allow you to experience the same great meal and service al fresco. Hope to see you again soon.

Jennifer Herzberg
Marketing: New York Prime
NE Georgia
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The food and service was impeccable. Friendly staff, great ambience. Would def go back when in the area.

Visited July 2012

Been to New York Prime? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage New York Prime, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.