“Landry's has changed (downward) McCormick and Schmicks” 3 of 5 stars

770 399 9900
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #854 of 3,424 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ashford Dunwoody Rd
Transit: McCormick and Schmick’s is located one half mile from the Perimeter Marta Transit stop
Atlanta, Georgia
“Landry's has changed (downward) McCormick and Schmicks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

In case you don't know, Landry's Corporation bought this chain within the last year. My wife and I have always enjoyed going to this restaurant. We had not been in a few months, but we had been going for years prior. The menu has shrunken somewhat and some of our favorites are no longer offered. We are not picky people, but we did notice the menus are not printed daily as they used to be, where they offered different specials. The Caesar salad was somewhat bitter and not as good as it has been. Don't get me wrong, it is still OK, but considering the price, it iis not outstanding anymore. The new owners have messed with a good thing.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Atlanta, GA
“Great food, but update needed inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The food was amazing! I had salmon and my husband had mahi mahi, and both were cooked perfectly and very good. Dessert was also good, but too small to share. The service was excellent, once they realized we were there. I think we sat for ten minutes before anyone acknowledged us. My biggest complaints are the inside decor and the loud music. We sat outside, which was lovely. But inside reminded me of a Denny's or a wedding reception gone wrong. Overall, I think it needs an update and a touch of class. Both are lacking. The VERY loud European disco music was not enjoyable either. I'd go back for the food on a pretty night to eat outside. But if I had to be inside, forget it.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great in all respects, great patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The blackened swordfish with andouille sausage mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach was a perfect combination for me. Even the bread and butter was excellent. Service was very professional.

We ate outside on the patio beside a lake with ducks, geese and a few turtles. Quiet and very pleasant.

Visited May 2012
atlanta,ga
“not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

went there last Friday--the night of the start of the NCAA regional--place was packed--i was 20 mintes late, and they told me they only hold for 15 minutes, even though I go there before hawks games all the time.Any way, we got eated 40 minutes later00service as good ut food was blah--i had the scallops and they came with 3 scalopos on top f mashed with some crab--28 bucks--there wasnt any crab and the scallops tasted like they had been sitting in il for 20 minutes.Wife had lobster ravioli whch tasted almost rubbery--very poor

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best seafood in the neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This review is of the Perimeter Mall area location - not the CNN center.
We ear here every two months or so because we live in the neighbornood. We've never had anything but excellent food. This time was no exception. Wonderful sweet fried shrimp, salmon and mussels 0 all we outstanding. We had the best service ever - thanks Sarah!

• Visited March 2012