“Still one of the best around” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ridge Grill

Blue Ridge Grill
1261 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30327 (Buckhead)
404 233 5030
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Ridge Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 3,425 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Northside Parkway
Georgia
“Still one of the best around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

As an Atlantan, this place has always been near the top of my list. We choose it for special occasions primarily, but end up going maybe 4 or 5 times a year. In order to be fair, over the last 12-18 months it has slid backwards just a little. 2-3 years ago I would have said this restaurant would have been in the top 5 in Atlanta. Now its probably still in the top 20 (maybe somewhere about 15 or 16), which is still really good in a large city, but it has lost a little ground. For example, hands down, they used to serve the best mussels in Atlanta. The broth they used was so good you would almost want it as a soup. Now they are just average. Not bad mind you, but they don't stand out anymore. They have also changed the drink menu, but if you're lucky you can get a bartender that knows some of the older staples that were so good, like the Ginger/Kaffer lime martini, which was one of the best in Atlanta. Now you have to know to ask for it. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. 2 years ago it was hard to get a table without a reservation and even then it normally had a wait they were so packed. This past Saturday, they were busy yes, but there were lots of table available for walk ins. Something has changed slightly. Enough of that.

We had the scallops and fish. This is an area they shine in. Hard to beat. The red meats are not above any other top place you can go, however their seafood is way above most places. Highly recommend. Wine list is a little on the pricey side (who isn't these days, different subject entirely), but they do have a decent corkage. Which is a huge plus.

Would we go again? Absolutely. It may have slid back slightly, but its still a great place to eat. Highly recommend.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Busy Friendly Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Met friends for lunch! Their burgers are HUGE! I often get their meatloaf but really wanted a burger. t was cooked perfectly but the HALF POUND SIZE is just a but too much for a normal person to really enjoy.

As always the staff were friendly and took great care of our group.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“Worth the Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

First time to this restaurant. Picked solely on the Trip Advisor reviews. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. They immediately congradulates us on our anniversary. They seated us in an oval intimate both. Some confetti was on the table and the menus had a header congradulating us on our anniversary. BTW, we could take them home. Already impressed and haven't had the food yet. They gave us complimentary champagne. Wife has the filet mignon. I had the lamb. My wife said it was the best she ever had. I tried a piece and it was very tender and flavorful. My lamb was awesome. I don't know what the sauce was, but it was very tasty. A couple of the other waiters stopped by to congradulate us on our anniversary. It was so comfortable and classy. They also gave us a complimental desert. I don't remember what the waiter said it was, but it looked like a mini chocolate souffle with hand made whipped topping. OMG was it good. My wife love chocolate and she couldn't get enough. It was so good that you could take a little bite and experience the flavor for a couple of minutes. Upon leaving, we were congradulated again as we walked towards the door. It was a little pricey ($120), but wel worth it. That also included a mix drink and two beers. Also, the Stella was only $5, which surprised me. They had complimentary valet parking (don't forget that tip), which was quick. We will be back. The only slight negative is that it took a bit for our dinner to come, but we were really enjoying each others company so it wasn't a negative to us.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food, delightful ambiance, excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

A hidden gem between Vinings and Buckhead of Atlanta. The staff know the menu inside-out, and the food is delicious. My wife said her scallop meal was the best she has ever had. I have been there twice, we most certainly will be back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Business or social, this delivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Good for any vibe. Had someone with me that had never been there and he noted how comfortable it was the moment he walked in the door. It's a warm and un intimidating place. The staff notes your presence immediately and are warm, genuine and accommodating. But the food delivers. In the Bones Family, this is all about service, quality foods, and special dishes. I have eaten hear at times 2-3 times a week, and it always seems like a new experience. Try the lobster blt at lunch or just anything. The ice cream pie is worthy of note. Once you find this place, you will be back I'm sure.

Visited May 2013