“Food & Service left something to be desired” 2 of 5 stars

404-525-8228
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittypat's Porch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #446 of 3,273 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Georgia Peach Cobbler is one of Pittypat's most popular desserts! Made in house every evening, this classic southern recipe is served bubbly hot and topped with Greenwood's Cinnamon Ice Cream (made right here in Atlanta).
Hawkinsville
“Food & Service left something to be desired”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My sister and I had the salad bar. It was ok. The service was awful. I was never offered a refill on my beverage (tea) after he originally forgot I ordered a beverage. They weren't busy at all.

Visited November 2013

S
“Delicious Food, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

No matter if you're a "Gone with the Wind" fan or not, this is a very nice restaurant in the heart of downtown. It's located just North of the Westin. The restaurant has a bar and some dining seats upstairs, and many more dining seats downstairs.

The menu provides a wide variety of entrée choices, and their salad bar is one of the best I've found. This tip, my favorite salad bar options were the freshly sliced tomatoes with basil and garlic, the fresh pickled beets, and a crisp and flavorful squash salad.

AS my entrée I chose the beef tenderloin. It was cooked to perfection, tender and delicious. It cam with a variety of breads, collard greens, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes and sliced squash. So much food, I couldn't eat all of it (thankfully I had a microwave in my hotel room, so I took leftovers "home" with me). The dessert menu looked fantastic, but I had no "room" to try any of them.

My waitress was very attentive, without being overbearing.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
“Southern food at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went on a business trip and walking along the streets stumbled upon an appealing and southern atmospheric restaurant. From the moment we entered to the time we left, everything was delicious! Definitely a must if you want some southern food, I enjoyed the shrimp and grits meal, as well as, fried appetizers.

Visited September 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We went on a busy Saturday for lunch, when they were serving food, which we were told is a rare thing for them to do. The chicken salad and grilled cheese sandwiches were delicious, and left you full, but not over-full.

Visited September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Decent, expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Since we stayed in downtown at the Doubletree, Aunt Pittypat's Porch was very convenient. Upon entering, we found the aesthetic to be fairly charming (it's Southern/Gone With the Wind theme is prevalent). We were seated quickly, and noticed one of the glasses on the table was cracked in half - yikes! They immediately replaced it. The wait staff was pleasant, and we tried some southern classics, fried chicken, gumbo, cornbread, fried green tomatoes. All were ok, nothing to write home about. We were fairly disappointed in the chicken though. Our local supermarket makes far tastier fried chicken. It was just so … bland. Prices are higher than what the food warrants as well. Not terrible, but don't go out of your way to dine here.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pittypat's Porch? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pittypat's Porch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.