“Tourist trap food” 2 of 5 stars

404-525-8228
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pittypat's Porch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #416 of 3,459 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Dessert
Good for: Large groups
Description: Georgia Peach Cobbler is one of Pittypat's most popular desserts! Made in house every evening, this classic southern recipe is served bubbly hot and topped with Greenwood's Cinnamon Ice Cream (made right here in Atlanta).
Irvine, California
“Tourist trap food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Higher than expected prices and bland food. Decor and people were excellent however food not up to expectations. Fried chicken was crisp and crunchy, but not seasoned so it was lacking flavor which I had to add hot sauce to. Crayfish dip, was good when you had crayfish with it, but the bites that didn't 60% if the time! was just melted cream cheese it tasted like. Corn bread tasted like store bought mix. I would have expected some corn nuggets inside or something to make them stand out...missed opportunity for sure. Watermelon drink was however refreshing and tasty. All in all save you money and go else where sad to say.

Visited October 2013

Boston
“Best Fried Chicken I've Ever Eaten”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was at a conference in Atlanta and went with a large group to Pittypat's Porch. We were told it was a must see place and it was. I was expecting utterly corny references to Gone With the Wind, but honestly, it felt like an old fashioned southern restaurant, even with a lot of kitchy decorations. I'm a Yankee, so I wasn't sure about the sideboard, which turned out to be a salad bar. But that was about it for translations! It's the kind of place that draws tourists, but also folks who are in downtown Atlanta and want to have dinner in a fun, down home, unpretentious place with delicious southern food. It did not disappoint

I chose the sideboard and Pittypat's fried chicken. The sideboard had an array of southern salads, like black-eyed peas and pickled watermelon rind, along with chicken salad and typical salad bar items like baby spinich and tomato and cukes. They were fresh and well prepared. But the problem was there was so much. Then came the chicken and I kid you not, it was the best I have ever had. I think it was marinated in buttermilk then coated in a buttermilk batter. The result was really moist, seasoned chicken with the crispiest crust. Sides were green beans and mashed potatoes and gravy. And they brought greens for the table. Yikes. 3 pieces of chicken and all those sides. Then our group ordered a desert sampler. The best was the pecan pie. Oh, I forgot to mention their drinks -- too sweet for me. I stuck with wine.

As I write I am considering a serious diet for the next week.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Pity Pat Porch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I thought I would give Pittypat's Porch a try since I am a southern boy. I cannot recommend them. I ordered the crab cakes, grits, black eye peas and collard greens. The only hot item were the collards but they did not have much flavor. The grits were lukewarm. The black eyed peas were not even warm. The crab cakes were barely warm. The waitress was pleasant but did not offer much of a response when I called her attention to the black-eye peas. The server used his hand to remove some greens that were hanging over the serving dish. I thought I would try to redeem the meal with peach cobbler and coffee. It did not help. This is Georgia, I thought the peach cobbler would be excellent, but it was not. A lot of the cobbler was spilled on the outside of the dish. It was hot but they must not have brought it out to the table right away because most of the ice cream had already melted. The coffee was hot but not very good. Don't waste your money or time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pacifica, California
“Fried Chicken is Stupid Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

about a block from the hotel (hyatt) this was suggest by one of the bellman, and it was great! Melba, our server, was immediately like family, (she has been there 9 years), the place was clean, wonderfully decorated (Gone with the Wind themed), and instantly comfortable, we waddled out after the peach cobbler al a mode completely satisfied to have enjoyed authentic Southern Fried Chicken and all the fixins' I would also recommend the mac/cheese, and the pickled watermelon rinds....

Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I visited on the last night of a long exhausting trip and it was fantastic! At first I thought the pricing was a little too high but I was committed to soul food so i went with it anyway and I am so glad I did. Turns out that each entree comes with a full "salad" bar (We're talking chicken salad, macaroni salad, home made pickles, etc. Not just lettuce) AND black eyed peas AND collard greens AND cornbread/biscuits! Needless to say I was more than satisfied with my meal.

On top of that, the service was great. I was by myself and the waitstaff was friendly. It was almost like being a guest in someone's home.

Overall I loved it and will totally go back next time I'm in Atlanta

Visited September 2013

Been to Pittypat's Porch? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pittypat's Porch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.