“Two-time experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #418 of 3,466 Restaurants in Atlanta
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Since October of 1998 Garrisons in Vinings has been a gathering place for local neighbors and friends. Here, you’ll savor our chefs extraordinary talents showcased in one of our many unique daily specials. Our menu selections feature a variety of items including our premium certified aged angus beef, prepared in our classic 1800 degree steakhouse broilers, daily fresh seafood and exquisite decadent desserts. The comfort and familiarity of our restaurant allows patrons to feel at home. Cozy up to our beautiful fireplace and enjoy our extensive collection of wines. So, whether its our 30-foot limestone bar beckoning you to indulge in a signature martini or dining on our patio under the stars, Garrisons Broiler & Tap in Vinings Jubilee is devoted to meeting your every wish and need, all the while exceeding your expectations.
Austin, Texas
“Two-time experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've eaten here twice so my review will be a combination of both experiences. The first time I dined here at the end of May 2012 as a solo diner and the other was in July 2012 with two other colleagues.

The restaurant is located in an upscale area, but it is a bit hidden in the back of the shopping center. There was plenty of parking both times I came through. There is an outdoor patio as well as the indoor dining room and bar. I was greeted promptly both times by a hostess and taken to spots in the dining room. My first server was very good. He was courteous and checked in on my often, but not too often. He was a great server, even with me being a solo diner. The second time, our server was distracted by a very loud and obnoxious group of men and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt based on the fact that the group of 10 all asked for separate checks and were very demanding.

The first time I was here, I selected a beef filet with the onion rings and a glass of pinot noir. The wine selection is a bit small but the prices are good, roughly $10 a glass. The bread basket had some tasty selections and took the edge off while waiting for my meal. The filet was very good, cooked a perfect medium rare. And the onion rings are fantastic. I eat onion rings whenever I see them on a menu and these are in the top 5 for me. They were so good that I ordered them again when I returned here in July. This time, I ordered the beef medallions. The beef was slightly overcooked this time but the onion rings were still very tasty.

The second visit wasn't quite as good as the first, partly due to the inattention of the server and partly because I just didn't enjoy the medallions as much as the filet. The atmosphere is nice, either for business dinners or for a dressed-up date night. The food is pretty good, ranging from $15-30 for an entree. The restaurant is open until 10 however, so don't make it too late of a dinner. However, whenever I return to the Vinings area of Atlanta, I would more than likely return here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampere
“Good Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very nice atmosphere and great steak. The prices are average I guess for a steakhouse in the USA. I have eaten here a number of times, and the food is always good

Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“yumm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband took me to the grape for one of my birthdays. We tasted several different wine-- which was very affordable and super tasty! We also ordered some cheese that the waitress suggested would go well with our wine selections. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the wines, cheeses, and various parings. I ordered a salad, and I cannot remember which one.. It was very fresh and delicious. My husband ordered fish and chips and he raved about them. The atmosphere was romantic. We especially loved the white tablecloths. We sat outside and it was a delightful evening.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wine recommendation ruined it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We joined friends for Saturday night dinner at this place which they frequent. The lobster salad appetizer was loaded with mayonaise but had good flavor and quantity of lobster. My salmon on risotto was good as was my wife's stuffed trout and the pork loin ordered by the other lady. Vegtables with the meal are extra and the plate garnish is a starch. Dessert was key lime pie very good and coconut creme pie a gigantic serving. Service was quick and efficient however the waiter pushed a New Zealand savignon blanc that has so much grapfruit acidity that it was unpleasant yet was the highest price of the whites. The wine experience and pricing took the edge off what would have been a very good meal.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Koekelberg, Belgium
“Everything was good but it did not stand out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The quality of the meal was decent, the service was good and prices were reasonable. Not to be avoided but no detours to go visit.