“superb restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Degrees South

Ten Degrees South
4183 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342-3715 (Buckhead)
(404) 705-8870
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ten Degrees South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #472 of 3,465 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
London, United Kingdom
“superb restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had been to Ten degress south in South Africa, and when we came across a restaurant of the same name In Atlanta, we had to give it a try. I had the kingclip, as I loved that in South Africa and my husband had the sositee. They were both teriffic, we were not disappointed. The service was great, and they have a good wine list and are very acccommodating. I am diabetic, and they prepared a special dessert for me as there was nothing on their standard menu that I could have. Very helpful friendly and good service generally. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Austin, Texas
“South African cuisine in ATL. Who knew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Amazing staff! Beautiful decor! Beyond delicious food! Calamari & lobster spring rolls...to die for. I sampled from everyone's plate...everything was awesome!!! It's a must if you're in the Atlanta area.

cincinnati
“NOISE NOISE NOISE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We made a special trip to Atl for this place.My son had eaten there before. We love South African food soooo....First step in the door we were overwhelmed by how nosisy it was. We were put in a small room occupied by a table of 12. OMG We couldn't hear anything but them! Another couple was seated later and they were shouting to make their point.My pet peeve- they brought the main before we were finished with the apps. I ordered a South African dish called bobotie which I have had before, and even made myself. So sweet and tasting of sweet spices I almost choked. Five times the correct amount of currents, and NO taste of the meat.It should have a creaminess, like moussaka-but didn't.The waiter took it back. He asked if I wanted anything else and I declined. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth.No manager came to check on the problem, but it was removed from the bill. My son had kingklip, a SA fish and it was very good. Just sad that a South African restaurant can't fix a palatable version of their national dish. We went to Flip Burger Boutique so I could eat something. Should have started there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Nostalgia without dissappointment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was born in SA but have lived in Toronto for 31 years.

Visited this restaurant while on a short trip to Atalanta hoping to experience some of the food which is remembered with much affection.

I was not dissappointed at all.

The KIngklip ( a white firm fish from SA ) was outstanding. Perfectly grilled with a wonderful sauce.

Also tasted the Sossati ( Beef Kebab ) and Boerewors which were delicious too.

I will definitely return on my next visit to Atalanta

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So why had I not been here before?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Went with no expectations or recommendations and had a great night. Staff were pleasant, efficient, knowledgeable and all had a sense of humor. A real bonus. Great menu, spicy chicken livers and butterflied prawns in 2 very different styles. Fabulous ambiance and seating. Really good fun and will be going back.

• Visited April 2012