“South African cuisine in ATL. Who knew!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Degrees South

Ten Degrees South
4183 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342-3715 (Buckhead)
(404) 705-8870
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ten Degrees South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #399 of 3,424 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Austin, Texas
“South African cuisine in ATL. Who knew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Amazing staff! Beautiful decor! Beyond delicious food! Calamari & lobster spring rolls...to die for. I sampled from everyone's plate...everything was awesome!!! It's a must if you're in the Atlanta area.

67% Recommend
cincinnati
“NOISE NOISE NOISE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We made a special trip to Atl for this place.My son had eaten there before. We love South African food soooo....First step in the door we were overwhelmed by how nosisy it was. We were put in a small room occupied by a table of 12. OMG We couldn't hear anything but them! Another couple was seated later and they were shouting to make their point.My pet peeve- they brought the main before we were finished with the apps. I ordered a South African dish called bobotie which I have had before, and even made myself. So sweet and tasting of sweet spices I almost choked. Five times the correct amount of currents, and NO taste of the meat.It should have a creaminess, like moussaka-but didn't.The waiter took it back. He asked if I wanted anything else and I declined. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth.No manager came to check on the problem, but it was removed from the bill. My son had kingklip, a SA fish and it was very good. Just sad that a South African restaurant can't fix a palatable version of their national dish. We went to Flip Burger Boutique so I could eat something. Should have started there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Nostalgia without dissappointment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was born in SA but have lived in Toronto for 31 years.

Visited this restaurant while on a short trip to Atalanta hoping to experience some of the food which is remembered with much affection.

I was not dissappointed at all.

The KIngklip ( a white firm fish from SA ) was outstanding. Perfectly grilled with a wonderful sauce.

Also tasted the Sossati ( Beef Kebab ) and Boerewors which were delicious too.

I will definitely return on my next visit to Atalanta

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So why had I not been here before?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Went with no expectations or recommendations and had a great night. Staff were pleasant, efficient, knowledgeable and all had a sense of humor. A real bonus. Great menu, spicy chicken livers and butterflied prawns in 2 very different styles. Fabulous ambiance and seating. Really good fun and will be going back.

• Visited April 2012
Atlanta, Ga
“Mostly its the atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Girl's night choice. The design is lovely, very atmospheric. The small rooms are open and cosy. Very clever, really, but loud. We sat in a small side room (4 tables) and could hardly hear each other. The food was just so-so. The meat dishes were best, the chicken curry and my prawns were both overcooked. The prawns in particular were lousy, obviously frozen for a long, long time before cooking. Seems everyone was there in a group - groups of women and groups of men and a great deal of cross talk. A nice group of celebrating business men bought us drinks afterward. There was live music - a guitarist/singer. Very nice.

• Visited February 2012