“My wife's favorite restaurant in Atlanta” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3,425 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chattahoochee River / Woodland Brook
Description: Canoe is located in Atlanta's historic Vinings area on the Chattahoochee River where Buckhead meets Vinings. Canoe's beautiful historic riverside setting makes it the perfect spot for weddings, receptions and private celebrations. Its original cuisine and distinctive design have already been featured in Bon Appetit, Food And Wine, Gourmet, The Wine Spectator and The New York Times. Canoe, recipient of the prestigious Mobil 4 Star Award, was also selected as one of the "Best New Restaurants" in the country by the James Beard Foundation.
Woodstock, Georgia
“My wife's favorite restaurant in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Try the mussels or any of the seafood it is all outstanding! You can have a port after dinner outside along the river bank. They have a fine wine list, great beef and one of the best views in Atlanta.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Phenominal Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I went Sunday July 21st to celebrate my birthday. The only menu available was the brunch menu. I'm not a breakfast person and I asked for the lunch menu. I was informed that it was not available on Sunday. The outside was beautiful and that is where we stayed until we were called. We viewed the vegetable garden and the river was nice. Our reservations was at 1:30pm and no lunch menu available. We arrived at 1:00pm and were seated at 1:25pm. It was a little noisy inside and our waitress arrived about 15 minutes after we were seated. She made up for it by her pleasant demeanor and informative description of the menu. We ordered the She-sherry crab soup (eww-too sweet), smoked salmon on crispy potatoes (salty), entrees (my husband ordered beef/duck burger) he said it was fatty - high in cholesterol, said he will run later. LOL! I ordered the crispy rock shrimp salad with cabbage slaw (very salty), I had to return it, it was inedible. I asked them to prepare it again without the salt and place the hollandaise sauce on the side (there was too much sauce on the salad. I still could not eat it. I took it home and made a pasta out of it. Yummy! Why 3 stars? The service was excellent!!! One of the best that I've had in Atlanta. Food menu needs a makeover. Portions were too large, salty and fatty!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful summer setting and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I found Canoe through Trip Advisor, since it was listed as the #1 restaurant in Atlanta. My mother and I decided to go because of the rating. We were at a convention hotel downtown Atlanta on a Friday with no reservations. Our concierge was of no use to us, so I called and was able to get an early reservation through their friendly and accommodating receptionist at 6:15. I highly recommend (if the weather is fitting), to reserve a table out on the patio. Even though it may be humid, you are in the shade and there are ceiling fans that keep the breeze going, and it was quite comfortable. The best part of the patio seating was the view. They have beautifully landscaped gardens along the river. You can stroll along the path down to the bar and look at the flowers in a lush and quiet setting. While we were eating there was a summer rain and we saw a rainbow. The service is fantastic, the food very good. I had the delicious crab cake appetizer, my mother had the salmon app. both were very good. I had the trout with Canadian Bacon, which was great, but the fish a little over-done. My Mother had the Arctic Char which she absolutely loved. We did not have room for dessert! The food was great and plentiful, I thought the price for entrees were reasonable. It cost about 20+ dollars to take a cab from downtown, and the ride was surprisingly swift even in rush-hour traffic. You get to see a lot of estates as you travel through the neighborhood to get to the restaurant. Definitely worth it for the food and patio dining!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best in Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my third trip to Atl this year and by far the best meal we have had. The menu is mainly seafood and game. My wife had the scallops my sister in law had the steak and i had one of the signature dishes which was the Rabbit. All 3 meals were excellent as were the appetizers, be sure to try the Mussels. The venue is great and has a nice setting along the river. It is advertised as being romantic but is a little to lively for that but don't let that stop you from going there. Be sure to make reservation well in advance and sit outside weather permitting. Check out the size of the burger.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marietta
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Excellent food and service. I love the smoked salmon served here. All their desserts are fantastic. The setting is lovely too.

Visited May 2013