“Nice Patio” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twist

Twist
3500 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30326 (Buckhead)
404-869-1191
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twist is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #383 of 3,274 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Sandwiches, Sushi, Tapas
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Lenox Road
Description: Tom Catherall has done it again! Twist is an exciting new "Here-To-Serve" Restaurant at Phipps Plaza. Twist offers a huge bar area, satay station, tapas menu & pristine sushi & seafood. The dining room seats 300 guests with additional seating for 75 guests on the patio. Twist hosts fun happy hours daily is open late with great food. Thank you! Reservations are guaranteed for inside seating only, patio seating is first come, first serve. * Neighborhood: Buckhead * Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates, Sushi * Dining Style: Casual Elegant
New Orleans, LA
“Nice Patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I met a friend for a lite lunch and cocktails and the wait staff and food was great! It was a beautiful and mild weather day so the patio was an excellent choice to watch all the high-end cars roll through.

Visited November 2012

“Worst service ever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Recently visited Twist for the first time with a group of friends for a birthday party. I understand that it is sometimes hard to accommodate parties of 10 or more, but I have never had this bad of an experience with a party before. Our server Spencer had the worst attitude and messed up several of our orders multiple times, and then offered no apology; I believe he even blamed it on US a few times. That is not the type of service I would expect from a restaurant at Phipps Plaza. Will not be returning.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“If you like going to malls, this might be for you”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I actually don't mean that in a snarky way, however, I can't stand malls, and so certainly don't want to eat at a restaurant attached to one. The food is fine - nothing memorable, nothing bad, and service was good. However, you are eating in a mall restaurant, that is very "Buckhead." I am always left scratching my head when people tell me they went here for dinner on purpose.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

food was average. potatoes tasted like boxed ones and it was so loud we couldn't visit. the bar did serve good drinks though.

Mesa, Arizona
“An interesting "Twist" - Tapas and Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We tried Twist while visiting Atlanta. My wife and I were both in the mood for sushi. What we found was a busy, noisy, sports-bar like restaurant with a sushi bar kind of hidden in the back. We started our meals with tapas and finished with sushi. The tapas were actually really good. We enjoyed them alot. The sushi, though nice and fresh, was just not that great. My wife had a couple of roles that were just so-so. I had chirashi (always a great test of a sushi chef's skills). The fish was fresh, but had only a few varieties. It had a beautiful, but non-traditional, presentation of the most mundane fish: tuna, yellowtail, mackerel, eel and salmon. There was no nori on the plate and no sweetness or vinegar taste to the sushi rice underneath. If you want tapas and drinks, this is a great place. If you want sushi, go fishing somewhere else.

Visited September 2012