“I Learned Something” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Tavern at Phipps

The Tavern at Phipps
3500 Peachtree Rd NE Ste C1, Atlanta, GA 30326-1235 (Buckhead)
404-814-9640
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Description: The Tavern at Phipps is a see and be seen bustling Buckhead hot spot. While the focus is on the classic American fare such as the famous Tavern Chips, crisp salads, fresh seafood and hearty pasta dishes, the energy of the bar always takes the cake. Consistently recognized for the “BEST looking wait staff: bartenders: happy hour: outside patio: people watching spot and singles scene”.
Cedar Falls, IA
“I Learned Something”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

As far as I'm concerned, Thai peanut sauce is food of the gods, and so I was intrigued to see a dish called "Thai chicken nachos" on the menu. My friend and I split them, along with a Thai chicken salad. The nachos were layered with grilled chicken, peanut sauce, that melty Mexican cheese I can't remember the name of right now, and bean sprouts. I thought it was delicious, and having the salad also added a different kind of crunch and made it a complete meal. Downside? A very crowded and noisy restaurant, too many tables crammed in too close together, lots of loud conversation and clinking tableware and such. Service was ... well, kind of snippy, I guess is the way to put it. I think the wait-staff had too many tables, and because of the crowding, it was hard for them to get through and do their jobs properly. I don't like to be in such an environment, so now I make my own Thai chicken nachos!

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at The Tavern at Phipps, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for the compliments on the Thai salad and Thai Chicken chips; the chips are one of our signature items at the restaurant piled high with fresh ingredients. For your reference the cheese is queso! I apologize for the spotty service, we pride ourselves on the highest level of friendly, responsive service. I have directed your comments to management. Thank you!

59% Recommend
Port Orange, Florida
“Gross. Waste of money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I ordered the calamari and it was greasy, undercooked, and had no seasoning. The waitress told me if I got another order it would be the same because there was a new cook. I then agreed to get another item as a replacement and I chose the barbecue ribs. By the time they arrived everyone else in my party was done eating. The ribs arrived and they were charred black. The manager came over who I might add was chugging from a wine bottle under the counter all night. He asked me if I wanted anything else by this time I was over it. When I said no he said well I don't believe in saying sorry too many times and walked away. When we got our check he didn't even bother to take off our two sodas or anything!! Just horrible service and food!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at The Tavern at Phipps, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
It is our highest priority to provide our guests with an exceptional dining experience and in this instance we certainly failed to do so. What you experienced is disappointing. Whether or not we have a new cook, the pacific calamari should be crisp and well seasoned, and our broiler is designed to add just the right amount of caramelization for extra flavor, although this should have been explained. Thank you for dining with us.
COLOMBIA
“VERY BAD SERVICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just had dinner there and were very surprised at the terrible service that we received.
Our entrees were actually dropped at the table by 2 waiters in a hurry . One person
ordered pasta and no one came to offer cheese and pepper ,which is the least that one
asks for. And another of the group never got his dish. It came when he had finished
the fries and the dish was just thrown together . I was under the impression that it was
way too small compared to the same dish that I had eaten at another date.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
We pride ourselves in providing our guests with the highest level of friendly, responsive service. I want to apologize for the lack thereof you experienced. You should have indeed been offered fresh cracked pepper and received a follow up visit from your server. Thank you for your patronage.
Nashville, Tennessee
“lunch at Phipps”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We're staying at the Ritz which is just across the street. We wanted to do some rainy day shopping at Phipps, so we decided to have lunch at the Tavern. We ordered two salads and the spinach chips (kind of like nachos with creamed spinach and queso). The salads were nice and large, the chips were covered in cheese...way too much, and the server was less than attentive. It was an easy lunch but I wouldn't return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
CA_Centraarchy, Guest Relations Manager at The Tavern at Phipps, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Hi ,
We will take your comment and put the advice to good use in training classes. Thank you for telling us. We expect you to have A1 service every time you join us for a meal. We a apologize for the less than attentive service.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place but bartenders can be a pain...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was in town on business and went in one night for dinner. It was pretty packed but managed to get a seat at the bar. There were tons of great looking girls and the waitresses were super hot. Took the bartender a little bit to come over to me being a guy and after I ate and had a some drinks, asked if I could get up from my seat so the girls behind me could sit down even though I was paying more than them. Just seems like their priorities were in the wrong place. But the food was good, drinks seemed reasonable, and stayed busy the whole night. Definitely a good place to make friends but the bartenders treat you better if you are a girl.

• Visited April 2013