“Wonderful gem in Buckhead” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Basil's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,046 of 3,459 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: African, Greek, Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pharr Road and Grandview Avenue
Transit: Marta
“Wonderful gem in Buckhead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We dined at Basil's as recommended by a local friend. We sat outside on their deck on a beautiful night. The server was great. Very knowledgable about food and wine. We never felt rushed. There was very much an ease to Basil's. You felt encouraged to relax and enjoy. We had the spring rolls and Spanikopita for apps. I had he tuna special on vegetable rissitto. So good I wanted to lick the plate. My sister had the salmon, she said it was outstanding. My niece had the Greek shrimp, it was Delish as well. This was a lovely evening with a wonderful price point.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I love Basil's! It is one of our favorite "go to" restaurants and we are there at least once a month. The food and service are unique and we know that it will be good every time. We love the new deck!

Visited May 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect date night and outside deck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Basil is in an old house on a neighborhood street with large trees. Wonderful spot in such a big city. Get a seat on the front deck. Large trees overhung it and they are lit up for a great romantic mood. It was a little cool when I was there but heaters make it all ok. The food was great as well. I had the groper and it was cooked to perfection. Wine choice is average but they pick some standards and some interesting new verity to try if you are adventurous like me. Our waitress was from Russia and she was very interesting to talk to abut her home country. I have been on this street several times for dinner and did not know you could park out back of this rest. Pull up the driveway like it is your house and you will see how to park in back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lantana, Florida
“friendly atmosphere, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Food was very tasty except for "fake" mashed potatoes- big no-no in my book, Entree very good, flatbread for the table very tasty, good wine selection, good amboance at bar. Serving fake mashed potatoes just ruins the dining experience,
noice, frendly servers
looks like a fun place when they're busy

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Quaint, cozy old home sets the stage for interesting Mediterranean food. Food quality is excellent.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011 via mobile

You enter this restaurant through what was the screen door to an enclosed wooden patio area. The small but inviting bar hosts a few happy, relaxed locals.
The service started off slow - no one greeted me - even though I made eye contact with the bartender. When I contacted a waiter he said, "Sit anywhere." my waiter was friendly and made great recommendations. I enjoyed the mini flat bread pizza that was placed on the table, and ordered the Spinatopita, spinach and feta in a puff pastry served with a basil tomato sauce. My main course was Bacin wrapped diver scallops seared and served on jalapeño risotto. Excellent!!! The scallops were tender and tasty!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere