“Great Experience Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Fez

Imperial Fez
2285 Peachtree Rd NE, Ste 102, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Buckhead)
404-351-0870
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Imperial Fez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #639 of 3,465 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: African, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Moroccan
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Experience Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my third visit to Imperial Fez. It’s definitely a special occasion or date night restaurant. To be honest, I’ve never been that impressed with their food, however was shocked to enjoy it more so this visit than before. I arrived early so I was able to take part in their 3 course early dining special for $29.99 that they offer on Saturdays. It came with lentil soup, and desert and a choice of one of three entrees. I chose the lamb shank. It was pretty good. I would rate it a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Overall the experience was great! Belly dancers were good as usual and the service was great with the exception of having to wait 20 minutes or so for our ticket.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Norcross, Georgia, United States
“Imperial Fez is as good as you've heard; it really is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

So you're in Atlanta, and you hear there's this "Moroccan restaurant" called Imperial Fez, and you figure it's like any other "international" restaurant: a regular American-type restaurant, but with foreign food instead of steaks. You would be very wrong. Imperial Fez is not a Moroccan restaurant; it's a Moroccan cultural immersion that includes food. For a few hours you're in Marrakech or Casablanca. You walk in the place and the first thing that happens is, they relieve you of your shoes. Moroccans don't wear shoes in the house. You go into the dining room and see low tables with no chairs; Moroccans sit on cushions. The food is mind-blowingly delicious; from the lentil soup that starts the meal, through the hand-washing (because you see, Moroccans eat with the fingers), to the Moroccan mint tea at the end, it opens your eyes up to new kinds of deliciousness that you never knew existed. I have witnesses who can confirm how authentic the food is: my sister and brother-in-law worked in Morocco for two years, and the first time i took them to Imperial Fez, their reaction to every dish was a variation of "Oh look, John! They serve ____ here!" For them, each course of the meal was like reconnecting with an old friend. And after all the great food, the Moroccan music ramps up, and the belly-dancers come out. We Westerners really need to get over our hangups. We assign hypersexualized overtones to a style of dancing that simply is traditional Arabian dancing. I once was in Imperial Fez sitting near a party of Arab diners: when the belly-dancing started, the MEN got up and started doing it. It's just their traditional party dancing. Lots of fun. So, to sum up: there are some nights when there's just no substitute for partying like a Moroccan (Valentines' Day is one that i highly recommend). And there's no substitute for Imperial Fez: my sister and brother-in-law have started to visit me more often (from Boston, where they live) because they can't wait to come back to Imperial Fez.

• Visited January 2012
Fayetteville, Georgia
“50th Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The experience was wonderful.The staff took extra care to make sure our night was made very special.I would recommend the Imperial Fez to all anyone looking for a memory that you will not soon forget.
Thank you to the Staff for making our night special.

• Visited November 2012
Roswell, Georgia
“Very good food - visit with kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is my second time eating here and the last time was about 15 years ago. I remembered the ambience being authentic and the food being ok. This time the ambience was the same and the food was very good. We were celebrating my sons 9th birthday and went on Sunday evening. The kids ate for free and my husband had the lamb shank and I had the lamb and couscous. The kids enjoyed the soup, bread, and the chicken kabobs with rice. My husband said he lamb shank was very good and my dish of lamb, vegetables and couscous was excellent. In fact, I am enjoying today for lunch which reminded me to write this review. We will all have another meal on our leftovers which increases the value quotient. The belly dancing was nice and after she danced she put on a cover up and came out to wish my son a happy birthday. This was a nice gesture and being 9, he certainly was more comfortable with the visit with the dancer wearing a coverup. The service was very good too. I noticed the staff helped each other often which helped the multiple courses flow. I will say I wouldn't take the kids here unless it was free as the value would diminish if I had to pay even half price for the kids. Otherwise, it is a fun experience. I would have given a full 5 stars but the desert wasn't the best.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Always Fun and Great for Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I took our seven-year-old son to Imperial Fez as a treat recently. It was our first time going since having a child, and though we've always loved it, seeing the restaurant through his eyes was precious. From the moment we entered, he was smiling and laughing and talking nonstop. We were barely inside before he asked if we could come back again. He loved the beautiful and exotic decorations, the cultural niceties such as communally washing our hand at the table under the stream of warm water being poured by our waitress, and all of the unusual food. (We had the vegetarian courses, which are delicious.) He was also enraptured by the belly dancers, who were nice enough to smile and interact with him. Our waitress was also exemplary. She was nice and genuine and seemed to be as pleased with our son's love for the place as we were. Before we left, he made us promise to return. Of course, the only problem with that plan is the extremely large price tag. So we compromised and agreed to go once a year. If you have adventurous kids and can find a place for an expensive dinner in the budget, Imperial Fez will be a delight for your whole family.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Imperial Fez? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Imperial Fez, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.