“Ambiance and Interactive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Fez

Imperial Fez
2285 Peachtree Rd NE, Ste 102, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Buckhead)
+1 404-351-0870
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Imperial Fez is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #545 of 3,540 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: African, Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Buckhead
Description: The Imperial Fez Restaurant offers traditional food from North Africa in an exotic dining environment. Guests dine on comfortable pillows and enjoy savory food eaten by hand. Shoes are left at the door and guests are magically transported to Morocco. It is a truly unique dining experience with nightly belly dancing performances starting at 7:30 p.M.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ambiance and Interactive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Not only is the food EXCELLENT, albeit pricey, the dancer is superb and friendly, inviting guests to try their "belly(ies)" @ dancing. Fun night out with friends or family for a special occasion.

Visited April 2012

Decatur, Georgia
“August 10th IMPERIAL FEZ MORROCAN RESTAURANT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I went last Friday night August 10,2012 to Imperial Fez, I have been there couple of times and I always had a great experience but this last Friday things were not quiet the same. I will start with the positives:

The salad was delicious as usual, the pastry appetizer was great as well and of course the lamb with couscous was the bomb. I always have no doubt that the Moroccan food that gets prepared is always one of the top foods.

Our waitress was so sweet and professional, and she was explaining everything she brought.

The belly dancers, the ones that I always see there Kalinka and Dilara were good as usual.
Kalinka was enjoying her dancing and time; she was always smiling and trying to involve the guests.
Dilara is always good and skilled but that night she was not doing really well she seemed tense and unhappy. Maybe next time she will be in a better mood

Now to the negatives:

The music choice was awful! I expect a Moroccan owner will have a better taste in the music that suite belly dancing. I understand that the assumption is there that many people don’t understand the music nor they care about how the belly dancers are performing as long as they are pretty. But another assumption should be put on place as well, many people understand belly dancing and Arabic music and a bigger assumption should be that people are paying a lot of money to come and enjoy their time the right way. The place should be the escape for people who are missing their Middle Eastern environment.

Indian music for the fire dance must go!!! How come a Moroccan restaurant that has all ethnic furniture, setting and food play Indian music?! At that point I shut down and started regretting coming that night.

The blonde belly dancer was off the beat, I am not sure what was she trying to accomplish but belly dancing doesn’t mean that you jump around. She has potential maybe with MORE training. On the other hand, the staff was not really professional when it came to the blonde belly dancer; it was really obvious that the waiters were big fans: They were almost drooling.

Would be VERY nice if the staff get training in how to be a good server; also how to be race blind. I noticed that some guests were treated with more attention and services and others were ignored. Stereotyping is not a good way to attract customers and make them come back.

All in all not a good night!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“I wouldn't go again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We used a Groupon for this, thank goodness! Otherwise, it would have been a very expensive disappointment! The decor is nice, the belly dancers....well, some were OK, some seemed like they would be more at home on a pole! Service, while friendly, was slow and seemed to disappear at times. I don't know if the food was good Morroccan food, or not. We did not like it. The lentil soup was pretty good. I would have been really upset if we paid full price for it, though. As it was, it was more of an "Oh well, don't need to do that again!"

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Everyone should experience once”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I went for the first time with a friend who had a groupon. We arrived when the belly dancers had just started so it took awhile for a waiter to come over for our drink orders. We ordered the 5 course meal so the food was nicely paced and was pretty good. I have never had Moroccan food before so I would say the following:
- lentil soup was really good.
- the salads, hummus and eggplant were good...the rest were just ok
- chicken pastry with powdered sugar was different, strangely sweet and savory but overall pretty good
- lamb shanks were delicious and fell off the bone..cooked perfectly
- desert was not worth the calories. The fruit seemed to have marinated in its own juice (and possibly sugar) far too long

The belly dancers were entertaining, even moreso when you tipped them (though this didn't appear to be very common practice). We wanted to smoke a hookah but were told we needed to sit in the lounge to do so. In the lounge you miss out in the belly dancers and the air condition. There should be am area in the actual restaurant where you can smoke the hookah and still enjoy the ambience...it also would have been nice for the waitress to tell us without having to send the manager over.

New York City, New York
“Best Experience, Best Service, Best Everything!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I would like to tell everyone here about Imperial Fez in Atlanta, GA.
I was in Atlanta with my visiting family we were trying to figure out where to go for dinner there was going to be 7 of us. My mom suggested Imperial Fez were she has been on more than one occasional that's where my dad took her on her first date and where her proposed to her.
I had never been to the Fez before so I was really excited since I was also told about by my roommate in New York she has be to the fez on several occasions as well with clients.
I called the Fez and was answers most graciously by a young lady name Hakema I think that’s her name she was very nice and answered all my questions. With the reservation we headed to the Fez. We were first greeted by the hostess she was form Morocco she told us it was customary to take off our shoes but we didn't have to. However we wanted to have the full experience so we did she took us to our table and to my surprise she didn't leave us until she made sure we were comfortable I was very impressed. As soon as we were all seated comfortably we were greeted by our waitress she was a very beautiful young women who introduced herself as Irena. She explained the menu to us with such precision that we knew exactly what we wanted to eat and drink once she was done. Our service without a doubt was exceptional and the food super good (My complements to the chef). Then there were the dancers OMG they were so fluent and looked like goddesses especially the one that been dancing there for a long time known as Tere I think. they danced with fire, wings, and swords they wore such colorful and vibrant costumes. After we paid the bill Irena and some of her co-workers said goodbye as did the hostess. When I go back to New York I am going to tell all my friend they would love it.

• Visited July 2012