“Can Never Go Wrong...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Morton's The Steakhouse - Buckhead

Morton's The Steakhouse - Buckhead
3379 Peachtree Rd NE Ste 101, Atlanta, GA 30326-1020 (Buckhead)
404 816 6535
Transit: Buckhead MARTA
New York City, New York
“Can Never Go Wrong...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

with a Morton's Steakhouse. The service is always impeccable and the steak...need I say more!

Visited March 2012

56% Recommend
Enterprise, Alabama
“Excellent. One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Worth every penny! The service was excellent. We both had the chopped salad which is a meal in itself. The salad was excellent! I liked it so much I even tried to make it myself since our trip to Morton's. It was not quite as good as theirs. We also had the filet and the asparagus which were both awesome! The filet was so tender it was easily cut with a fork like softened butter. We tried the Grand marnier souffle but didn't like it. Instead of the cream that is poured into the souffle they had a whipped Grand marnier instead of a cream. Next time we go we plan to have the creme brulee as that looked wonderful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
outside Atlanta, GA
“It's just a steak - too expensive and atmosphere struggling for an identity.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My hubby and I were really looking forward to going to Morton's after all we'd heard and we managed to make a date night out of it. Reservations were fairly easy to get. The restaurant was smaller than I thought it would be, with a big open cooking area at the end and a couple of carts of saran-wrapped food for display, as well as a live lobster on the tray.

Morton's does a live menu presentation. You get a "menu" (cheat sheet) at the end of the presentation, but it's really kind of awkward. The waitress held up the steaks and explained what they were, and then a potato ("this is the kind of large potatos that we use") and an enormous live lobster ("this is Larry"). It was uncomfortable and weird and in watching the same presentations over and over to neighboring diners, everyone else seemed to also squirm a little. One guy asked if he could skip it and just get a menu and the waitress (same as ours) told him no.

Now Morton's does use fine ingredients and even some of the vegetables are arranged around the restaurant in kind of a bohemian fashion. That's also kind of weird. I mean I know if they run out of brussel sprouts they're not going to the display to get some, but why does an upscale very expensive restaurant have brussel sprouts and live lobsters to gaze at while you're eating?

The center wedge salad was good, and my husband loved the caesar. The center salad was $14 for the center of a head of lettuce that is 99 cents at Kroger. It wasn't worth $13 more for presentation and atmosphere.

The steaks were OK. I had the filet, and my husband had the filet on the bone. They were just fine, cooked right, but lacked seasoning. And mine was $50, his was I think $75. At some point, a steak is just a steak, and I don't think my steak was worth $100 a pound.

I also had the hashbrown potato as a side. Also OK, under-seasoned a little, and truthfully waffle house was better.

For dessert we got the carrot cake to go - which was absolutely delicious.

Overall, our impression was that it was a little too expensive for what you received, the atmosphere was a little dated, and the service just OK. We had $300 in gift cards so the meal only cost us out of pocket $20 including tip. But a $320 dinner for two is a little much for us, especially considering it was pretty forgettable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jonesville, North Carolina
“Fantastic Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Well, vistied another Steakhouse. Surprise surprise. My family and I were in town to attend a comedy act, Anjelah Johnson at the Buckhead Theatre , and decided to eat here.
our waitress was very upbeat,knowledgeable and friendly. When we first walked in we were well greated and attended to. We did not make a reservation ( I would recommend you do ) but we were seated with in minutes, we got lucky and arrived before dinner crowd. Within an hour the parking area was full. I MEAN FULL. Well, we were seated and our waitress, Jolan I believe ( sorry ) , promptly took our drink order and went over wine list. the onion loaf brought to our table was fantastic ( I was told by my wife and daughters ) I didn`t try any because I seen the cuts of steak and wanted to save all room for that :) Our waitress brought the steaks to our tables so we could see the cuts and explained the ageing and what type of beef it was. Also showed the fish and lobster ( poor boy didnt know what was going on ) and told lobster was brought in from Main daily. I did my Dinner for Schmucks movie scene ( dead lobster table scene ) It was pretty funny lol
We were well attend to not just by our waitress but by other servers and the Matri Di made a point to check with us before,during and after our meal. The crumbs from the onion loaf that were on the table were quickly cleaned away when dropped. I ordered the Chicago style bone in ribeye with mashed potato side item and a crab cake appetizer. OMG!! I could have eatten half a dozen of the crab cakes. AMAZING! We also ordered the cajum ribeye and New York strip. My daughter ordered the scallops wrapped in bacon and she said they were mouth watering. All steaks were prepared to our desire and were very tender. I swear I almost ordered another ribeye after I finished my first one , if I didnt have the BOSS with me I would have lol. Now be prepared to spend alittle more then you would at a chain steakhouse but its well worth it. I would highly recommend Morton`s

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Consistent service and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is a quintesential steak house. you will get a great peice of meat or Seafood however the decor is a little tired but it would not keep me from stating that the food and service is excellent- especially good for business dinners.