“Once is enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tamarind Seed

Tamarind Seed
1197 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30361 (Midtown)
(404) 873-4888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamarind Seed is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #234 of 3,460 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Street Food
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Peachtree/14th
Transit: Art Center Marta Station
Description: This award winning Thai Cuisine has relocated its former Tamarind establishment of over 10years, into Tamarind Seed located at 14th & Peachtree , Colony Square Mall. Using authentic recipes passed down through the family, this Thai food is presented in rich and truly flavorful gastronomic experience.
“Once is enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is mostly good, but not great, and simply not worth the substantial premium you pay. My Pad Thai was tasty, if a bit non-conventional. The portion was inadequate. My dinner partner's curry dish was good, but the accompanying dish of rice was pathetically small. They charged for a second, when three such dishes would be a normal serving elsewhere. The basil rolls were small, somewhat dry and rather uninspired. If the prices were 30% less, thus more aligned with the market, I would still not feel compelled to return.

Visited June 2013

“Delicious Thai food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We heard a lot of good things about this restaurant so we decided to check it out. We were a group of 23 people, Tuesday night, and they accommodated us within 15 minutes. The service was great! Waitresses made great suggestions and kept making sure our party was okay. The food was sooooo delicious! Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals and drinks. Will definitely be back next time I am in Atlanta!!

Visited June 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“Great food . Teeny tiny portions . Slightly expensive .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I am a HUGE foodie . I love food from all different cultures and I've heard so many good things about Thai food that we decided to try the Tamarind Seed . A few of my college friends and I were staying in Atlanta in June 2012 , it was our last night and we felt like doing a food crawl somewhere close to our hotel * the w midtown * . We literally walked to the restaurant and immediately , we were a bit taken back by the prices . A friend of mine ordered an appetizer , which was not a terrible price for an appetizer but it was such a small portion . Myself , ordered a meat dish . It had a good flavor but again , for the price of the entree , there was a very small portion . I left the place hungry still and I'm definitely an eater , but a small woman none the less . I guess you pay for the location and midtown Atlanta is known for luxury . Still a very nice place with good food but make sure to pack an extra nutragrain bar or something before you go lol !

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Pluses and Concerns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Atlanta for a Thursday night symphony and our hotel was with in walking distance of the restaurant and concert hall. We got there a little ahead of the 5:00 pm opening of the kitchen but were seated right away and brought water and drinks. My wife and I split an order of basil rolls which were accompanied by a very nicely spiced dipping sauce. The basil rolls were a bit small I thought but tasty. My wife had Pra-Lad-Prik (white fish with minced shrimp and garlic and sweet, spicy basil sauce served with a choice of rices). The report on this dish was good+. I ordered Chao-lay sans squid which they were kind enough to omit. (consists of scallop, shrimp, green mussels). The shrimp were good sized and tasty as were the mussels.The sauce was slightly spicy and sweet and quite good. A choice of rice was available, I was a little curious about the scallops as they were all about the size of a quarter, and not more than about an eighth of an inch as if formed with a cookie cutter. The texture was also not quite like scallops I have eaten many times elsewhere so I am not certain what the story is here, I did not challenge the chef on this issue but thought it worth mentioning. For dessert we took away two (2) of the Chocolate Mousse cakes which were filled with creme brulee and covered with dark chocolate. These we ate back at the hotel after the concert. They were rich and scrumptious. The wine and beer list is modest.The service was excellent and enjoyably unobtrusive. The atmosphere is quite pleasant and our seats looked out on Peachtree Street and a goodly number of leaving trees on and around the property reduced the sense of being surrounded by tall office buildings,

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Excellent Thai Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Fantastic location to the Woodruff Arts center. We were pleasantly seated by the hostess towards the back.Although it was early evening, the sun was shining on us and the manager closed the blinds for us.We had an excellent choice from the menu and the portions were more than ample , with no room for dessert.Good value for excellent food and service.

• Visited April 2013