“Very enjoyable, fun, trendy restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ray's in the City

Ray's in the City
240 Peachtree St, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Midtown)
404-524-9224
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's in the City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 3,425 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Andrew Young International/Harris
Transit: Peachtree Center Marta station
Description: Ray's in the City is a casual seafood restaurant offering the best seasonal and fresh seafood available. Seafood is flown in daily from the Atlantic and Pacific.
Lewisville, Texas
“Very enjoyable, fun, trendy restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I ate here on a Friday night and had a very enjoyable experience. The servers were friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive and the place has a fun, trendy atmosphere. The seafood bisque and salmon sushi were very good. I had Seafood Platter which was very good to excellent. My wife had the lobster tail, which was a bit undercooked. The Cauliflower Au Gratin was amazing as was the praline dessert. One very interesting touch is that the folder in which the bill was delivered was back lit when you opened it - I've never seen that before.

All in all, it was a very nice dinner, and we'd go again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
Atlanta
“Nice lunch choice in downtown Atlanta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had a business lunch at Ray's in City a few days ago and was very pleased. I loved the water features throughout the space. The menu has a nice variety of choices without being overwhelming. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and a friendly young woman (I assume was the manager) stopped to chat, ask us about the food & service and thanked us for choosing Ray's. I have another client in the same area and will definitely recommend Ray's.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I went here for lunch Labor Day weekend (and I was in costume for Dragon*Con). Great service, atmosphere, and food, and I loved being able to watch all the activity on the street through the large windows.

I loved the oyster presentation with "fog" flowing all over the table! My scallops were cooked perfectly.

We will definitely dine there again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had the "sampler dinner" salmon, crab cake, shrimp, lobster tail and a few other things and all of it was fresh ans flavorful. I enjoyed the live music and the decor.

Visited June 2012
Dunlap, Tennessee
“Good Seafood and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I had the trout dinner and the special salad. The dinner portions are very large and can be shared. The fish was fresh and cooked perfectly.

Visited September 2012